Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    huh???

T-Mobile G1 fifth best-selling smartphone in US | Android Community

Not only that but the g1 didn't have even close to any of the problems the pre did.
    for that year, it still only sold 2million units which last time I checked the Pre has at least 2.4 m subscribers currently with all the problems, and not having a captial as big as Google even then :

Cnet
    The G1 doesn't include a standard heaphone jack and lacks Microsoft Exchange support. There are some annoying design quirks that make the smartphone uncomfortable to hold and difficult to use. You can't save downloaded applications to a memory card. Speakerphone quality wasn't the greatest.

Gizmodo:
    After spending a week using the G1, I can say it's a good start, and a clear indication of good Android developments to come. But the phone itself has some serious problems with accessibility and usability, issues that no number of third-party apps are going to be able to solve. Here's what I loved and hated about the T-Mobile G1.

Keyboard: It's got numerous problems. First, it's set so that the raised section on the right, with scroller ball and home and menu keys, is always in your way when you're trying to type. This is annoying, even after you figure out how to work around it. The individual keys aren't raised high enough over the body for easy touch typing, though at least the keyboard is backlit, in case you're texting in the dark. The space and backspace key are tinier than we'd like. And it's even more awkward than normal to type while charging the phone, because the miniUSB cable is in the way.

Interface: As we have observed, the UI suffers from general usability issues such as inconsistent actions or surprisingly unclickable regions like the browser's URL bar or the home screen's clock.

and yes every phone has issues, so I dont use that as an excuse to why this device is better then the next one.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    for that year, it still only sold 2million units which last time I checked the Pre has at least 2.4 m subscribers currently with all the problems, and not having a captial as big as Google even then :

Cnet
    The G1 doesn't include a standard heaphone jack and lacks Microsoft Exchange support. There are some annoying design quirks that make the smartphone uncomfortable to hold and difficult to use. You can't save downloaded applications to a memory card. Speakerphone quality wasn't the greatest.

Gizmodo:
    After spending a week using the G1, I can say it's a good start, and a clear indication of good Android developments to come. But the phone itself has some serious problems with accessibility and usability, issues that no number of third-party apps are going to be able to solve. Here's what I loved and hated about the T-Mobile G1.

Keyboard: It's got numerous problems. First, it's set so that the raised section on the right, with scroller ball and home and menu keys, is always in your way when you're trying to type. This is annoying, even after you figure out how to work around it. The individual keys aren't raised high enough over the body for easy touch typing, though at least the keyboard is backlit, in case you're texting in the dark. The space and backspace key are tinier than we'd like. And it's even more awkward than normal to type while charging the phone, because the miniUSB cable is in the way.

Interface: As we have observed, the UI suffers from general usability issues such as inconsistent actions or surprisingly unclickable regions like the browser's URL bar or the home screen's clock.

and yes every phone has issues, so I dont use that as an excuse to why this device is better then the next one.
    T-Mobile: 1 million Android phones sold | Unfiltered

You're ignoring a big fact though.
    At one point T-mobile said that g1 customers accounted for 2/3 of all of their customers.

T-Mobile’s 3G efforts also appear to be driven by a single device. DT revealed that T-Mobile now has roughly 1.5 million 3G devices on its network, meaning the G1 accounts for about two-thirds of all 3G devices sold

Also, the g1 was released in 08. So yes, some of the technology was lacking. But the fact is the g1 destroyed the Pre.

The pre was premiered on a much larger network as well and was that networks signature device for months.
    Seems to me the most likely reason this phone will come to Sprint is because Sprint Pre users are the ones who need it the most, and would be most likely to buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    T-Mobile: 1 million Android phones sold | Unfiltered

You're ignoring a big fact though.
    At one point T-mobile said that g1 customers accounted for 2/3 of all of their customers.

Also, the g1 was released in 08. So yes, some of the technology was lacking. But the fact is the g1 destroyed the Pre.

The pre was premiered on a much larger network as well and was that networks signature device for months.
    and all are valid points, but my argument was a company not wanting a phone that didnt do as well as expected, the G1 didnt, though it did well yes and so did the pre. The difference is yes the pre's expectation were alot larger then the G1's. I'm not here to debate about android since this thread isnt about that OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Seems to me the most likely reason this phone will come to Sprint is because Sprint Pre users are the ones who need it the most, and would be most likely to buy it.
    you also have to understand that only about 21% of people in the US dont have a smartphone, and its increasing every year. So with any carrier why not have options of different type of phones on hand, we dont know how many of those 79% would love Webos, and the only way to know is as a manufacturer you have the latest device offered, so that the specific carrier will have it on a front display for people to consider.

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/...n-u-s-by-2011/
    just went to that link,,21 percent 'do' have a smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    What does "captial" refer to?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    What does "captial" refer to?
    Capital = working cash (money)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123