Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I know a lot of people here will be forever sore about the cheese grater comments in the original Pre review, but Jesus Diaz over there (not exactly a small fry) has been pretty enthusiastic about recent rumors and the possibility for 2.0 changing the game a bit.

    See for yourself.
    That's encouraging but the reason I dislike gizmodo is not b/c of their original palm statements. I just honestly don't like much of anything their staff writes, they use checkbook journalism (iphone 4 leak) and bring a personal bias to much of their writing
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  2. #22  
    He may very well have a Pre 2 But He does not have 2.0 on device yet!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    He may very well have a Pre 2 But He does not have 2.0 on device yet!


    And what makes you think that? I find that very hard to believe. I'm sure it has 2.0. Maybe not the final build but it has to have it. The leaked palm pre 2 pictures even showed webOS 2.0 running on the device.

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  4. TyBec's Avatar
    Posts
    175 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    you and me both. HD recording hopefully
    Why is resolution so important? A quality sensor with autofocus(!) is all I need. Even if its 420p its perfectly acceptable.
  5. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    That's encouraging but the reason I dislike gizmodo is not b/c of their original palm statements. I just honestly don't like much of anything their staff writes, they use checkbook journalism (iphone 4 leak) and bring a personal bias to much of their writing
    Gotta do whatever you can to get the scope. The biggest thing in journalism is lies and misrepresentation. But if they gotta pony up to get a legit story, more power to them. Engadget didn't need it cause they are the cream of the crop. But don't knock one of the lower people on the ladder for trying to hit it big.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Gotta do whatever you can to get the scope. The biggest thing in journalism is lies and misrepresentation. But if they gotta pony up to get a legit story, more power to them. Engadget didn't need it cause they are the cream of the crop. But don't knock one of the lower people on the ladder for trying to hit it big.
    That is unethical journalism to the max. It's not exusable on any level.

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  7. andymac85's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #27  
    Didn't the dude that found the iPhone 4 contact gizmodo and then they purchased it from him? I'm not sure what's wrong with that, unless I'm missing your point.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by TyBec View Post
    Why is resolution so important? A quality sensor with autofocus(!) is all I need. Even if its 420p its perfectly acceptable.
    You mean 480p. 420p is the delayed vision you get when you smoke too many blunts
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymac85 View Post
    Didn't the dude that found the iPhone 4 contact gizmodo and then they purchased it from him? I'm not sure what's wrong with that, unless I'm missing your point.
    It's wrong to purchase what is known to be stolen goods with industry trade secrets rip the device apart and post an article with pictures online and never really try to get the device back to it's proper owner.
    I know that apple could survive a debacle as such relatively unscathed but imagine if this was palm before the HP buyout and they had a superphone that was leaked out.
    Sure it would get them a ton of press and get users excited but lets say the phone was usint a truly revolutionary design or tech in it, they would have just had all their cards show to all their competitors and could possibly face a truly killer hit in their stocks that could ruin them to the point of no recovery. Even if that didn't happen judging on how long it took old palm to get a device to market and how fast some of the other companies work by the time palm came out with what would have been an amazing device htc could already have a device out that took that idea and used it as their own hurting their sales tremendously.

    not to mention that it is just unethical to purchase what you know to be stolen goods ( i know that it was never proven the device was stolen but it wasn't that guys property to sell in the first place).

    You wouldn't bribe a judge for a better sentancing or try to sleep with your boss for a promotion they shouldn't buy their stories.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by TyBec View Post
    Why is resolution so important? A quality sensor with autofocus(!) is all I need. Even if its 420p its perfectly acceptable.
    Acceptable to a user who knows that a better quality smaller image is better than a crap quality HD image but seriously how many consumers really pay attention to that?
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  11. #31  
    I think the point of having HD resolution can is so the vids look decent when you transfer them to a larger screen like TV/pc or upload them somewhere...
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    I think the point of having HD resolution can is so the vids look decent when you transfer them to a larger screen like TV/pc or upload them somewhere...
    I can understand what you are saying but the fact of the matter is that a low/mid range SD camcorder still has better video quality than a flipHD even on a larger screen. Yes the flipHD would fully fill the screen but that won't change the fact that the video is going to have horrible colors, bad white balance and be noisy and full of artifacts. Take a look at the video from the evo sure it's "HD" but it's crap quality
    Last edited by darkproteus66; 10/16/2010 at 01:16 PM.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  13. TyBec's Avatar
    Posts
    175 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    You mean 480p. 420p is the delayed vision you get when you smoke too many blunts
    haha! Oops. My bad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions