61 13.44%
  • Getting The Pre 2 When It Comes Out

100 22.03%
  • Waiting On The Next Generation Palm Device

250 55.07%
  • Leaving WebOS

43 9.47%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Hanging on to my pre til july. Hoping over to iPhone after that unless there's an awesome webos device out then.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    Yes, Pre 2 if VZW GPS issue is fixed. Otherwise I wait.

P.S. I'm on a Pre Plus and it has a plastic screen.
    Have you ever used a touch screen phone that has a plastic screen? Called resistive, dear, and you have have to physically press down on the screen, to push two layers together so the phone can analyze where you pushed.

The pre uses a capacitive sensor, which measures electrical capacitance in the screen. Glass is a better conductor for electricity than plastic by many, many margins. If plastic were useful for this type of sensor, more phone manufacturers would have capacitave screens with lower prices.

Go use any wm phone besides the hd2. That would be a plastic touchscreen.

On topic, I would love a pre 2 if it has att 3g, and is relatively cheap for an unsubsidized phone
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    It doesn't seem sensible to me to get a pre within 45 days (from release of the pre 2) of CES. Best to hold on and see what they offer there.
    Since there are no plans to bring the Pre 2 to Sprint, (HP web sight only list unlocked GSM and Verizon), I'll wait and see what HPalm says at CES. If nothing new, then I'll jump ship to Android.
    as I see tgee pre 2 came out feel like it was just pushed fast to
    fill in void . Feel they can do a better job as a web os fan .
    I am please with my pre andmay not jump to pre 2 as it does not entice me all too much I will have to say will
    wait for a new better device . Hope next year.
    over webosworld supersonical states (via over here precentral.net):

Next Monday will be a big day for the webOS community. Finally a device is arriving with an industry standard 1ghz processor. Pre-orders will start to be taken on the 8th. The device was most recently spotted on Verizon’s roadmap so you Pre plus owners have something to look forward to.
    However, I’m sure more of you are interested in the 4-5 devices HP committed itself to bring to the market with webOS during 2011. It will be interesting to see how webOS 2.0 runs on a 1ghz device but from a quick glance it looks nearly identical to previous harware. For a refreshed model you are going to have to head over to the Nation’s only 4G provider, Sprint, sometime in the very, very near future.
    ~Jackson

via precentral.net

of course my question is (and I asked him) not only where did he get info of anything coming to sprint as of late, but if he had anything additional to add to the non response from our nations only 4G carrier currently.

PS Tmobile isnt 4G http://www.techeye.net/mobile/t-mobi...on-existent-4g
    Last edited by wellwellwell11; 11/03/2010 at 08:10 AM.
    Lets be realistic... they announce the phones in Jan.. we won't see any new hardware prob for 3-6 months after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Lets be realistic... they announce the phones in Jan.. we won't see any new hardware prob for 3-6 months after that.
    thats not being realistic at all, besides all the devices that were annoucned a month before release (ala EVO, iphone's) HP just released the Pre 2 (already in SFR) 10/22 http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-2...aunches-france, and it was announced officially when.....10/19 http://www.precentral.net/hp-introdu...lm-pre-2-recap

so thats what 3 days so no nowadays anything is possiable.
    i'm trying to psych myself out lol anything earlier is def possible, but they also recently leaked hardware contracts so how long does it take a factory to ramp up 400k phone batches?
    i'm trying to psych myself out lol anything earlier is def possible, but they also recently leaked hardware contracts so how long does it take a factory to ramp up 400k phone batches?
    true, and I feel you though were hoping since HP is such a large company they will have phones ready sooner then later. Even now if we hope that this Foxconn rumor is true, and they are developing phones for 2011, we would only hope and assume they have been in production already (like the PalmPad) or are on pace to make a splash early 2011, rather then later. Its all speculation, but I think we should at least give HP and Palm atleast until March or April before we start bashing them on products and timetables IMO.
    Palm has been there, done that, however they have changed. Pre may have been excessively delayed but the Plus came out within reasonable time (weeks after CES). So did the Pixi/Pixi Plus.

And with HP in check I'm sure they won't let that happen again.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I'm looking forward to move from Android to webOS. I was an iPhone 3G user on ATT for awhile, then switched to Verizon when the Droid came out. I've been using the Droid since and have been looking at getting a new phone. I've used the Pre before, and was debating between the Droid and the Pre when I switched to Verizon. But I hated how laggy it was, and the plastic screen and build quality were the biggest issues I had. I like a durable phone, and the Pre Plus was not it.

Now that the Pre 2 is announced, I'm in love again. I loved the original design of the Pre and I don't think they needed to make huge changes to it. I wish they had increased the screen resolution though. But I don't think they needed to make the screen any larger. My Droid has a 3.7 inch screen, but I don't really see a huge issue going down to the 3.1. I'd much rather have a smaller, more comfortable phone. They definitely could have increased the pixel density of the screen though, that would have been awesome. The glass screen is the biggest thing for me. I HATED the plastic screen, it scratched way too easily. After having my Droid with gorilla glass, I'm pretty confident I'll never have to put a case or anything else on the Pre 2. I hate screen protectors, and cases are bulky. I'm a naked phone kind of guy.

But overall, I'm pretty happy with what Palm/HP did with the Pre 2. I was on the edge of getting the Pre Plus, and I'm excited to finally be able to go over to webOS now.

Now hopefully they can hurry up and release it. I was debating between the Droid Pro and the Pre 2. But I've pretty much settled with the Pre 2 because I like webOS much better than Android, and the Pre 2 is a much better size. Sure, I won't have the huge Market, but honestly about 98% of the apps on the Android Market are junk. The entire Market is a mess, and I wish it was more controlled like the App Store but still allowed side loaded apps. And the few apps that I do use regularly are available on the App Catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by v3rn View Post
    I'm looking forward to move from Android to webOS. I was an iPhone 3G user on ATT for awhile, then switched to Verizon when the Droid came out. I've been using the Droid since and have been looking at getting a new phone. I've used the Pre before, and was debating between the Droid and the Pre when I switched to Verizon. But I hated how laggy it was, and the plastic screen and build quality were the biggest issues I had. I like a durable phone, and the Pre Plus was not it.

Now that the Pre 2 is announced, I'm in love again. I loved the original design of the Pre and I don't think they needed to make huge changes to it. I wish they had increased the screen resolution though. But I don't think they needed to make the screen any larger. My Droid has a 3.7 inch screen, but I don't really see a huge issue going down to the 3.1. I'd much rather have a smaller, more comfortable phone. They definitely could have increased the pixel density of the screen though, that would have been awesome. The glass screen is the biggest thing for me. I HATED the plastic screen, it scratched way too easily. After having my Droid with gorilla glass, I'm pretty confident I'll never have to put a case or anything else on the Pre 2. I hate screen protectors, and cases are bulky. I'm a naked phone kind of guy.

But overall, I'm pretty happy with what Palm/HP did with the Pre 2. I was on the edge of getting the Pre Plus, and I'm excited to finally be able to go over to webOS now.

Now hopefully they can hurry up and release it. I was debating between the Droid Pro and the Pre 2. But I've pretty much settled with the Pre 2 because I like webOS much better than Android, and the Pre 2 is a much better size. Sure, I won't have the huge Market, but honestly about 98% of the apps on the Android Market are junk. The entire Market is a mess, and I wish it was more controlled like the App Store but still allowed side loaded apps. And the few apps that I do use regularly are available on the App Catalog.

thats good to hear, and hope you do make that move to the Pre 2 and let people know the differences between Android, and Webos to people. I too have had experiance with Android and know the true pros and cons of each OS, rather then most people who have never picked up a Webos phone tend to bash it.
    I want the Palm Pre 2 but I don't have an upgrade until March so I will be able to see what Palm brings to CES, if anything at all.
    Before I can answer this question, I would need some kind of concrete confirmation from HP/Palm that a Pre 2 model is actually in the works for the States.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I was planning on waiting, but today my wife took her electric tea kettle to work with her and at some point in transit her pre+ ended up in the tea kettle, she then decided to make some tea and boiled her pre+! I am attempting to dry it out, but if it doesn't work I think I have a good excuse to get a pre2 and give her my pre+.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678