View Poll Results: Which Do You See Yourself Doing In The Next 6 Months

Voters
454. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keeping My Current WebOS Device

    61 13.44%
  • Getting The Pre 2 When It Comes Out

    100 22.03%
  • Waiting On The Next Generation Palm Device

    250 55.07%
  • Leaving WebOS

    43 9.47%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 156
  1. Melaza's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    #121  
    I waiting for CES! I hope is worth the wait.
  2. donjt81's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #122  
    HP: Hey look we came out with a brand spanking new phone

    me: Um... but that looks exactly like the Phone I currently have.

    HP: No its not the same. It has .... wait for it... an amazing new flat screen!!!

    me: But the curved screen on my current phone never really bothered me. Actually i didnt even realize it was curved until you came out with a "flat" screen.

    HP: "Flat" is the next big thing OK, trust us. Also it has a 1G processor.

    me: Umm... my current phone overclocked at 1G runs faster than this new phone.

    HP: did you say overclocked? dont let the guys in the warranty division hear you say stuff like that. This new phone also has web oS 2.0. So you have to get this brand spanking new flat screen phone with web os 2.0.

    me: But I can get web OS 2.0 on my current phone; for free. Why would I spend money on it.

    HP: (thinking to itself) man Steve Jobs make this look so easy. This whole "pulling one over your consumers" is hard business.
  3. #123  
    I will hang on to my original pre till after the CES to see what might happen then.
  4. #124  
    Here is how I hope it plays out.

    I went to Sprint to save on the monthly charges so I just ordered two of the original Pre Friday night through the HP store and their partner site.

    We have promised the daughter a phone if she has all A's and B's for two quarters (1 down, 1 to go) so iff Sprint gets the Pre-2 (or a new super phone) early next year I'll get the new one and the daughter will get an original Pre.
  5. #125  
    Hello everyone. I am a webOS enthusiast and I have researched into the Palm Pre 2 and I really want the phone. I know there aren't very many hardware changes between the original Pre and the new one that is coming out but for some reason I want the phone. I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on whether they are getting the Pre 2 and why.
  6. #126  
    Yay or Nay?...Uhmmm Yay!
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  7. h-cubed's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    #127  
    this again... sigh...

    Im on Sprint so umm no... lol
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    this again... sigh...

    Im on Sprint so umm no... lol
    I'm sure this thread will be merged into one of the other,many pre2 threads.lol
  9. #129  
    My opinion? I have the original Sprint Pre, and I would cut off my left arm for a Pre 2 on Sprint. The hardware changes may not be significant from the Pre Plus, but from the original Pre they are major - 1ghz and 512k ram (not to mention newer generation processor from what I understand) as opposed to 500mhz and 256k (but yes, I do have my Pre overclocked). Plus, the Pre 2 apparently has a better build quality (although I'd still be on my original Pre if I wasn't a dumba$$ and rolled over on my phone while laying flooring). I love the form factor, I often use my Pre to listen to music while I'm out in the yard working. Frankly, the Pre is the perfect phone for me - and that makes the Pre 2 even more perfect for me.

    I'm not a 'screen primadonna' either, I think the 3.1" display is fine. I'd take a bigger screen if it didn't change the dimensions of the phone at all, but the current screen is not a turn off for me.

    I know the Pre 2 is not coming to Sprint as yet, but I'm hopeful that certain speculation is right, and that a 4g Pre 2 will be coming to Sprint (ie, the Roadrunner HD). I could care less for 4g, especially since there's no coverage in my area - but even so, I just don't care for it since either 3g or wifi has done just fine for me so far. I don't know, maybe it's just that I'm an old geezer and don't understand the 'get it all and get it instantly' mentality that seems to pervade the tech/smartphone community.

    So, regardless of whatever Sprint announces at CES, I'll be getting a Pre 2 when available on Sprint, and if there is no Pre 2 on Sprint I'll keep on trucking with my Pre. I love this phone and WebOS.
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    My opinion? I have the original Sprint Pre, and I would cut off my left arm for a Pre 2 on Sprint. The hardware changes may not be significant from the Pre Plus, but from the original Pre they are major - 1ghz and 512k ram (not to mention newer generation processor from what I understand) as opposed to 500mhz and 256k (but yes, I do have my Pre overclocked). Plus, the Pre 2 apparently has a better build quality (although I'd still be on my original Pre if I wasn't a dumba$$ and rolled over on my phone while laying flooring). I love the form factor, I often use my Pre to listen to music while I'm out in the yard working. Frankly, the Pre is the perfect phone for me - and that makes the Pre 2 even more perfect for me.

    I'm not a 'screen primadonna' either, I think the 3.1" display is fine. I'd take a bigger screen if it didn't change the dimensions of the phone at all, but the current screen is not a turn off for me.

    I know the Pre 2 is not coming to Sprint as yet, but I'm hopeful that certain speculation is right, and that a 4g Pre 2 will be coming to Sprint (ie, the Roadrunner HD). I could care less for 4g, especially since there's no coverage in my area - but even so, I just don't care for it since either 3g or wifi has done just fine for me so far. I don't know, maybe it's just that I'm an old geezer and don't understand the 'get it all and get it instantly' mentality that seems to pervade the tech/smartphone community.

    So, regardless of whatever Sprint announces at CES, I'll be getting a Pre 2 when available on Sprint, and if there is no Pre 2 on Sprint I'll keep on trucking with my Pre. I love this phone and WebOS.
    Im sure you cut off your arm over a phone lol.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  11. #131  
    yes! Get the pre2
  12. #132  
    Is it just me or has Precentral being really quiet for a while now...
    Last edited by Jason Black; 11/01/2010 at 07:24 PM.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  13. #133  
    quite quiet, yes.
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    quite quiet, yes.
    Yeah...thats what i was gonna type lol..Didnt work out that way..
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  15. #135  
    just signed with verizon if it comes out before my 30 days iam tradeing in my pre plus for it that's if it has free mobile hotspot if not then I'll keep the plus
  16. json's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by donjt81 View Post
    HP: Hey look we came out with a brand spanking new phone

    me: Um... but that looks exactly like the Phone I currently have.

    HP: No its not the same. It has .... wait for it... an amazing new flat screen!!!

    me: But the curved screen on my current phone never really bothered me. Actually i didnt even realize it was curved until you came out with a "flat" screen.

    HP: "Flat" is the next big thing OK, trust us. Also it has a 1G processor.

    me: Umm... my current phone overclocked at 1G runs faster than this new phone.

    HP: did you say overclocked? dont let the guys in the warranty division hear you say stuff like that. This new phone also has web oS 2.0. So you have to get this brand spanking new flat screen phone with web os 2.0.

    me: But I can get web OS 2.0 on my current phone; for free. Why would I spend money on it.

    HP: (thinking to itself) man Steve Jobs make this look so easy. This whole "pulling one over your consumers" is hard business.


    ugghhhh my first post in months and it's only to say same old palm.
    600-650-700-755,centro
    The legacy of incremental upgrades continues.
    I guess i'm finally going to have to give up my 755 on sero for an EVO.
  17. #137  
    Just popping in to say I still love my Pre- and since my 18 month contract doesn't expire 'till March (I was a day one adopter in the UK) I can't begin to think about upgrading yet.

    The Pre2 looks fantastic and I will get one in March if there is not something better available. I couldn't face joining the flock with their iPhones (need a real keyboard) and Android seems a mess right now but maybe that will improve. I just like being different and the specs of the Pre- still more than meet my needs.
  18. nihouma's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I just can't stop thinking about this phone.. Yea! I know its just a phone > so are the Iphone and the droids. On the plus side, specs of the phone are rumored to include a 1Ghz processor and 512 MB RAM. In addition, the new phone will use a glass touchscreen as opposed to the plastic screen on the older Palm Pre. These modifications bring the flagship Palm phone up to 2010 standards and into 2011.(IMO)
    Oops! Almost forget ~ webos 2.0 and all it's new and exciting features. Adobe Flash Player. :-D
    If only sprint would be carrying the pre2. :-(

    Regards,
    Wanted to post to say that no palm pre has had a plastic screen...always been glass capacitive.

    Why do people always always say this? Is it because of that stupid engadget review?
  19. ieko's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    #139  
    Yes, Pre 2 if VZW GPS issue is fixed. Otherwise I wait.

    P.S. I'm on a Pre Plus and it has a plastic screen.
  20. WhoMe's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #140  
    I have an over clocked Palm Pre Plus and honestly I think Im gonna hang with it till I see something radically different from Palm. Nothing against the new phone but Ive had my Pre+ for less than a year and with the patches and OC I don't see the new phone as enough of an upgrade for me to justify the purchase.

    On a side note my girlfriend who is a former pixi owner is getting a Pre 2 when it comes out...sooo Ill get to play with one regardless =)
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions