61 13.44%
  • Getting The Pre 2 When It Comes Out

100 22.03%
  • Waiting On The Next Generation Palm Device

250 55.07%
  • Leaving WebOS

43 9.47%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    what's the appeal? outside of the elegance of the OS and a different take on multitasking, what does it offer? Don't get me wrong, I like webOS, but Android is more functional, is gettiing an overhaul with Gingerbread and has recently outsold the iPhone. Not to mention WP7 is debuting. Android and WP7 on multiple devices and in quite a few flavors on many carriers just makes it hard to be optimistic. And to come out with an interim phone like the Pre2 that is a year behind the times? And there is still no document editing. No google voice. No native visual voicemail. And I have to keep cards open to get something close to widget functionality that both WP7 and Android have.

People keep preaching the polished OS and multitasking, but I just don't see them as driving features. I know it's not enough to bring me back.

Besides, it doesn't have to beat Android to be a success. It just has to do well enough to be profitable and gain developer support.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I have actually just purchased a Pre, and don't regret it. I plan to develop for it, maybe if hp utilises webOS really well, and they have already confirmed that several webOS phones will be coming out in 2011 branded hp, so in 6 months time I see myself reviewing over the options. Though the Pre 2 is nice, it's not enough to make me wait for a GSM version of it. Nice, but pricey, and essentially the same external design.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Am I correct in understanding that the new Pre 2 which is being released now will be followed by another "super" Pre early next year?????
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    nothing officially announced... yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexsdad View Post
    Am I correct in understanding that the new Pre 2 which is being released now will be followed by another "super" Pre early next year?????
    You can always hope this is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexsdad View Post
    I hope so... Keeping the pre line would be cool.
    ...Introducing, the Palm Pre HD. Exclusive to Sprint. LOL Wishful thinking!

But we all hope there is a super phone in the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    ...Introducing, the Palm Pre HD. Exclusive to Sprint. LOL Wishful thinking!

But we all hope there is a super phone in the works.
    Pre HD sounds like a good name, essentially a similar Pre, but with a larger screen and better resolution.
    I pretty sure if the Pre 2 has any Oreo, Power button, or any other stuff from the Pre's then palm is ****ed
    I just can't stop thinking about this phone.. Yea! I know its just a phone > so are the Iphone and the droids. On the plus side, specs of the phone are rumored to include a 1Ghz processor and 512 MB RAM. In addition, the new phone will use a glass touchscreen as opposed to the plastic screen on the older Palm Pre. These modifications bring the flagship Palm phone up to 2010 standards and into 2011.(IMO)
    Oops! Almost forget ~ webos 2.0 and all it's new and exciting features. Adobe Flash Player. :-D
    If only sprint would be carrying the pre2. :-(

Regards,
    there is nothing flagship about a 3.2" low res screen in 2010. A 3.5" minimum seems to be the standard in flagship phones these days. Think the HTC Aria is the only 3.2" android phone out there unless you count the Moto's treo style droid phone coming out. Even the Samsung Transform and Sanyo Zio are sporting 3.5" screens. The LG Optimus S is sporting a 3.2" low res screen. Hardly a flagship model.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    The pre2 will be my flagship phone. I don't need a high resolution screen, or a 3" or 4" screen to see anything different than what I'm seeing on my phone. I'm at peace with my phone. :-D

Cheers..
    Quote Originally Posted by Treiz View Post
    yeah, it's optimistic, but we've seen how far Android has come in a relatively short time. I see no reason to think that HP couldn't do the same if it wants to.
    android was never deemed a failure either.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    The pre2 will be my flagship phone. I don't need a high resolution screen, or a 3" or 4" screen to see anything different than what I'm seeing on my phone. I'm at peace with my phone. :-D

Cheers..
    well your easy to please then. i think most die hard webos lovers will be dissapointed by this upcoming "super" phone. for me all i want is a larger screen, microsd, virtual keyboard, a fast cpu and plenty of ram and ill be happy. i don't need 4g or two cameras.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    CES 2011 - The year of the Toaster
    2011 International CES, January 6-9
    January 6-9 2011...pretty soon...
    ...very probably jumping to a Nokia E72 for reliabilty and batterylife for some time until palm brings up a super device, which hopefully I will be able to afford by then.

I travel a lot and my as much as I love my pre, it's been letting me down. ...and before you say "spare battery", not only energywise.
    still keeping it, though, it's way too damaged to sell it anyways.
    will miss multitasking and Musicplayer Remix 2.0.

precentral still stays in my feeds and on my radar of course. (...and in my heart and in my mind... ) wouldn't wanna miss the palm/hp thriller.

/edit: just let me down again... sitting in university, front row, i pulled out the headphones, which made the pre start playing music... dunno why. of course on full volume and some funny rap music. of course didn't react to tapping the screen or space key. finally, when the screen went off i could slide it closed and open again, it revived the screen and i could swipe the music player card up up and away... I know I should have plugged the headphones back in, but I was struck by surprise. still no excuse for a 1GHz pre to superlag! professor had his jokes one me fine...
    Last edited by The Day Pré Tomorrow; 10/25/2010 at 03:06 AM.
    Well your perception is definitely not shared by the rest of the public. And you are Palm's favorite kind of customer, one with low expectations.

Cheers..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Hold on to Pre and wait till Jan for an announcement.
    +1

Cheers..
    This.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I will be waiting... apparently its not coming to Sprint anyways...
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast