100 22.03%
  • Waiting On The Next Generation Palm Device

250 55.07%
  • Leaving WebOS

43 9.47%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    If it weren't for the crappy economy, I'd buy the Pre 2 and the next device, too. As a self-employed dude, though, I'm not doing so well. I'll have to stick with the Pre until it dies.
    Still no document editing. Still no google voice support (don't do workarounds so youview doesn't count). And still no stock visual voicemail for those that don't do google/youview (at least on the cdma side). Still no active wallpaper use even if it's just a static usable background like my agenda (don't care for the homebrew agenda app. too limiting). The Pre2 as has been mentioned many a time, should've been the Plus. They're just going to get slammed in reviews for being such an incremental upgrade at this stage of the game regardless of the reasoning behind it.

My Pre will remain a wifi device for the house, and I'll be sticking with my Epic. The next gen device would really have to knock my socks off to give up the Epic and come back. But document editing and google voice are deal breakers for me. I've gotten rather adept at doing my invoices on my phone and emailing/faxing them out. Google voice is set up nicely and I'm not interested in a workaround especially when it costs money to get the same level of functionality.

Do hope it slows the leaking of people leaving for android or something else. They needed something with WP7 coming out giving them a third major competitor to contend with. Don't even consider BB in there. Would hope 2.0 hits the Pre and Pixi though when the Pre2 is released. Give something to the people that for some god awful reason have stuck it out through the trials and tribulations that have been Palm and webOS instead of just the new people and upgraders that buy the Pre2. Especially the Sprint people that have been screwed worst of all with their 1/2 gen hardware.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I will definitely wait until I am eligible for a 100% Full upgrade next June. By then, I am sure the next generation HP/Palm smart phone will be revealed with an upgraded HP WebOS (from 2.0 to 2.1, 2.2, or 2.5). So, no worries here. Besides, my Pre (knock on wood) is performing rather admirably.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I love WebOS, but the Pre form factor is too small & too brittle. Plus, the fact that Sprint is not even carrying the Pre 2 led me to finally make the jump to the EVO. I bought it off-contract, with hope that "Mansion" turns out to return WebOS to glory.

Android is definitely clunkier that WebOS. But that fact that it has such a buttload of add'l features makes up for it. Hope HP Palm gets it together in the near future.
    I plan on holding onto my webos device until my contract expires - Jan 2011. If no new phones are announced, I feel fairly strong that I will leave. It is unfortunate as I have been using palm devices for many years, but there's just not enough innovation at Palm lately to keep me. Sorry.

Now if some super phone comes out that's bigger, much higher res, has a forward facing camera, perhaps a faster interface, much larger battery and life, a working GPS, and if they can finally remove the lag, I will likely stay. But they need to innovate new technology. Seems like apple introduces something new each time. Palm's only been improving what they already have, or what's out there.

yes, I know many say they want the smaller device, and that's cool. I know my comments won't be liked by many, but you asked and so here are my thoughts.
    Last edited by ppp2; 10/19/2010 at 12:26 PM.
    Not enough to bring me back from Android/Evo maybe in a year or two when and if the platform and eco system matures.
    I'm absolutely loving it.. I've always love the form factor of the Palm Pre.
    I would love the Pre 2, but I'm not leaving Sprint to get it. I will either get the Pre 2 if it comes to Sprint or wait for the next big thing. Sprint better keep carrying webOS devices....

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I'm absolutely loving it.. I've always love the form factor of the Palm Pre.
    Thread for discussion about the Pre2:
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...hing-else.html

Poll:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...lm-device.html
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I would buy it for 150 or less, but sadly I'm on sprint and that's life with no pre2.

P.S. They let you back in rush, what were they thinking....lol.....joking
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I want it on Sprint -but will be waiting until CES to see about timing for the real HP phones
    I plan on staying with webOS, but if they do not bring a device to Sprint, I will have to leave. I hope to get a true next gen device, but I will settle for a Pre2.
    Leaving webos when this phone dies & sprint not carrying any new webos. Leaving sprint when contract out. Go wth cheaper regional android os I can "ugh" stomach. Love my pre, hope it holds out!
    The day Sprint gets the Pre2, that's the day I'm getting that phone.
    I'll get the Pre2 if it comes to Sprint this year AND I'll get the new SUPERPHONE when it comes out early next year. We have two upgrades in my house. I'll use the Pre 2 and then pass it to my wife when the next hot phone arrives. She doesn't want anything other than the current form factor.
    hmmm... seems like verizon may get the iphone early next year. that would really kill palm and probably alot of android on verizon....
    Quote Originally Posted by ppp2 View Post
    hmmm... seems like verizon may get the iphone early next year. that would really kill palm and probably alot of android on verizon....
    I personally think iphone on verizon won't do much to the competition. The only thing I see it doing is encouraging people to leave crappy AT&T en mass. People that really wanted an iphone probably ditched whatever service they were on and jumped onboard the iphone bandwagon. I would guess that a majority of those using android, palm and blackberrys wouldn't suddenly decide they want an iphone this many years later. I would be selling my AT&T stock if I owned any though if it goes to verizon.
    The only reason that Android went anywhere at all was because Verizon needed something to compete with the iPhone. Doesn't mean that android is a good competitor, just sufficient. If HP really throws it's weight around I wouldn't be surprised if webOS surpasses android pretty quickly. I just hope it isn't a carrier exclusive.
    that just made me chuckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treiz View Post
    ]If HP really throws it's weight around I wouldn't be surprised if webOS surpasses android pretty quickly. I just hope it isn't a carrier exclusive.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    yeah, it's optimistic, but we've seen how far Android has come in a relatively short time. I see no reason to think that HP couldn't do the same if it wants to.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast