Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was on the phone with a Sprint rep today and he told me that they were going to be getting the Pre 2 Maybe by the end of the year we will see though I take what they say with a grain of salt. But if this is true that would be great I really would like to have a new Pre or WebOS phone It's been way to long He also said something about WebOS 2.0 out for the Pre and Pre 2 by the end of the year this was a Level 2 tech I talked too.. They tend to know more about this stuff before any other sprint reps... Lets hope for the best...
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    I am not going to say that this is true or not, but we will see what happens come the end of the year. And as you said, everyone should take this with a grain of salt.
    <<Thread Moved/Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    This is what you posted:
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I was on the phone with a Sprint rep today and he told me that they were going to be getting the Pre 2 Maybe by the end of the year we will see though I take what they say with a grain of salt. But if this is true that would be great I really would like to have a new Pre or WebOS phone It's been way to long He also said something about WebOS 2.0 out for the Pre and Pre 2 by the end of the year this was a Level 2 tech I talked too.. They tend to know more about this stuff before any other sprint reps... Lets hope for the best...
    This is what it means:
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I was on the phone with a Sprint rep today and ... more meaningless, uninformed guesswork by yet-another-self-important Sprint rep with no actual access to corporate release plans ...
    I'm pretty sure the accuracy rate of Sprint rep predictions posted in these forums hovers around 0.00%
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/14/2010 at 04:03 PM.
    Here is what I have to say about a new webOS phone on Sprint:

I am not going to wait forever!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Now, even if this Pre 2 does come to Sprint, I think I would just rather wait for the "real" upgrade webOS phone next year, right? Isn't that supposed to be the one we've all been waiting for?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/14/2010 at 04:04 PM.
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Here is what I have to say about a new webOS phone on Sprint:

I am not going to wait forever!
    Ditto
    yeah, we can hope.

I just called my local Radio Shack to see if they had any Touchstones. He replied "Oh, for the new Pre coming out?". I'm guessing he meant tomorrow.
    I see pandas.
    I was at a Sprint store to get my phone replaced after the screws that attach the screen to the slider mechanism came out and the screen was only attached by the electronics' ribbon (seriously, has this happened to anyone else through normal use?!).
    They couldn't replace it; apparently when your pre literally falls apart it's not covered by warranty.
    After explaining I didn't want a different phone because I liked the OS too much, the employee told me that Sprint had let their contract with Palm expire, hence if I was waiting for another Palm phone I was out of luck. I mentioned how Palm was bought by HP, thinking maybe there was a contract with HP she might admit to, but she brushed that comment aside and I left to get some super-glue.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniPollicis View Post
    I was at a Sprint store to get my phone replaced after the screws that attach the screen to the slider mechanism came out and the screen was only attached by the electronics' ribbon (seriously, has this happened to anyone else through normal use?!).
    They couldn't replace it; apparently when your pre literally falls apart it's not covered by warranty.
    After explaining I didn't want a different phone because I liked the OS too much, the employee told me that Sprint had let their contract with Palm expire, hence if I was waiting for another Palm phone I was out of luck. I mentioned how Palm was bought by HP, thinking maybe there was a contract with HP she might admit to, but she brushed that comment aside and I left to get some super-glue.
    that sucks you can replace the screws rather easy just have to take the back cover off there are 4 Philips screws that hold the screen to the sliding back plate there are 6 torx screws holding the back cover on just take your time also if you go to ifixit there is a guide that can help

Edit: If you have TEP then you should be able to go to a store that can do repairs and they can put it back together... But has to be a store that does repairs you can call em and get a location closest to you...
    Last edited by gitit20; 10/14/2010 at 04:11 PM.
    <<Threads deleted/edited>>

Please don't beat up on the OP. He is just reporting what he was told.

Continue...
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    <<Threads deleted/edited>>

Please don't beat up on the OP. He is just reporting what he was told.

Continue...
    Thanks
    My sons mother went to the Sprint store early this week to get a new Pre because she broke hers. While she was there, the rep tried selling her a new phone. She said no, that she was waiting for the next Palm phone to be released. The Sprint rep said "Theres A New Palm Phone Coming Out???" She just laughed at the rep and said "Yea, why wouldn't you know that? Isn't that your job?"

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Sounds nice. Considering it came from a rep, I'm going to take this with...

Blah. I don't even care about the pre 2. I want what hp is working on cuz I'm pretty sure hp didn't make the pre 2.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Let the Pre2 go to Verizon. I'd rather wait for the real device on Sprint, not some very minor spec bump.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I am up and down on this. I want new hardware, just not sure if this is the new hardware I have been waiting for. I hate to admit it, but the Win 7 phone looks interesting.
    Heh, I have to wait until next summer before I can upgrade on Sprint, so no big rush. lol
    Conflicted should i get the spec bump or wait leaning more towards WAit
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    if palm doesn't release the pre 2 to sprint, I'm going to get the epic.
    The epic has problems...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast