Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    Well I know a person who left att when his contract was up and went to sprint for the epic over getting the iphone 4

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    im sure there were alot of people who did so but even the evo sales on sprint didnt reach millions, and most of them were upgrades looking at sprints quartley report. Upgrades that were also filled with Palm pre users too. At this point Apples like the air jordans were when jordan was playing, they have millions of people who will buy the iphone every year, unless something changes that.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    im sure there were alot of people who did so but even the evo sales on sprint didnt reach millions, and most of them were upgrades looking at sprints quartley report. Upgrades that were also filled with Palm pre users too. At this point Apples like the air jordans were when jordan was playing, they have millions of people who will buy the iphone every year, unless something changes that.
    Great analogy. Since I've gotten my pre shortly after launch I've managed to convert more than a few people (at least 5). It's getting harder to do so with my now sadly outdated pre minus. I just wish I had a new phone that would properly show off what webOS is capable of.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    Might have to shelve this one next to my Beta Max!
    You still have Betamax?? Wow! Have an 8 Track player too by any chance?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    You still have Betamax?? Wow! Have an 8 Track player too by any chance?
    I have a home entertainment system that has an 8 track dual cassets and turntable
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    If the palm pre 2 came to sprint, I would upgrade to it in a heart beat. I will not switch to get it thoe.

However, I have 2 touchstones, plenty of chargers indoor and outdoor. At this point, as long as I get webOS 2.0. I could care less.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    if palm doesn't release the pre 2 to sprint, I'm going to get the epic.
    If Sprint comes out with the Pre 2... I'm still going to get the Epic. Haha. I'm thinking that I'm just going to wait til HP releases a tablet with webOS on it and I will get that. WebOS would be perfect on a tablet. Especially if its made by HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by benthe1 View Post
    If Sprint comes out with the Pre 2... I'm still going to get the Epic. Haha. I'm thinking that I'm just going to wait til HP releases a tablet with webOS on it and I will get that. WebOS would be perfect on a tablet. Especially if its made by HP.
    That's actually a decent case to switch.

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by benthe1 View Post
    im hoping that if sprint gets the new pre refresh, hopefully my phone breaks around that time(given the immediate history of my devices, pre #6), and when sprint cant offer me a Pre cuz they r no more, they will give me a FREE upgrade to the new Pre, and then i can upgrade to the super device when it is released... already went over this in my head a few times haha
    Quote Originally Posted by gmleonar View Post
    im hoping that if sprint gets the new pre refresh, hopefully my phone breaks around that time(given the immediate history of my devices, pre #6), and when sprint cant offer me a Pre cuz they r no more, they will give me a FREE upgrade to the new Pre, and then i can upgrade to the super device when it is released... already went over this in my head a few times haha
    That is a devious plan

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I wonder how long it will take for them to run out of standard Pres, though.. Might have a good stock of them.

I thought up the same thing and this popped in my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I was on the phone with a Sprint rep today and he told me that they were going to be getting the Pre 2 Maybe by the end of the year we will see though I take what they say with a grain of salt. But if this is true that would be great I really would like to have a new Pre or WebOS phone It's been way to long He also said something about WebOS 2.0 out for the Pre and Pre 2 by the end of the year this was a Level 2 tech I talked too.. They tend to know more about this stuff before any other sprint reps... Lets hope for the best...
    I just wanted to add to this...I just got off the phone with Palm and "Corporate" will be calling me back in the next day...First it was mentioned that it will indeed be released to Sprint before the end of the year...I tried not to grill them btw and I let them no the obvius and that is that obviusly they can't spill all the beans for lack of better words...Also one other tidbit which I don't believe was verified is that the device that recently went through the FCC is indeed going to have a glass screen...if I find out more info will definitely share...Palm is a little more reliable than a Sprint rep...
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    That is a devious plan

thats kinda funny cuz my boss literally told me that i have a very cynical way of going about doing things haha
    my upgrade is in a few weeks. if the pre2 is not announced to come to sprint ill probably get an evo until they do get another palm webos device. i love me pre but i need something faster with more ram.

edit: i may save my upgrade in case and just buy an evo for cheap on craigslist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymac85 View Post
    I wonder how long it will take for them to run out of standard Pres, though.. Might have a good stock of them.

I thought up the same thing and this popped in my head.
    according to my local sprint dealer, the pre still sells very well.
    They've still got plenty of new (not just refurb) Treo Pros for insurance replacements. There'll be plenty of Pres for a while to come.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howemi01 View Post
    They've still got plenty of new (not just refurb) Treo Pros for insurance replacements. There'll be plenty of Pres for a while to come.
    Yeah, I figured it'd be some time before they run out of replacement phones.
    depending on back stock inventory it could bee anywhere from a few months to over a year. I work at dell and there are some people with ancient systems that can get an exchange and end up with a identical system even though it's been eol for more than a year and there are some people who get a brand new system and their old system was only eol for 2 months. It all depends on the inventory

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    edit: i may save my upgrade in case and just buy an evo for cheap on craigslist.
    Good idea. Even a used one is ok.

This is my approach on upgrades:

I can either

1) Use my upgrade on a Pre 2. When slab device comes out, buy it outright and give my gf the Pre 2 (we are on Sprint).

or

2) Buy the Pre 2 outright and use my upgrade on the slab device.

It's all about my current $$ situation.
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    I just wanted to add to this...I just got off the phone with Palm and "Corporate" will be calling me back in the next day...First it was mentioned that it will indeed be released to Sprint before the end of the year...I tried not to grill them btw and I let them no the obvius and that is that obviusly they can't spill all the beans for lack of better words...Also one other tidbit which I don't believe was verified is that the device that recently went through the FCC is indeed going to have a glass screen...if I find out more info will definitely share...Palm is a little more reliable than a Sprint rep...
    Cool thanks for the info i am also digging as well called my sprint friend back he is going yo do some looking around and see what he can come up with... Keep us updated...
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234