Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Sounds nice. Considering it came from a rep, I'm going to take this with...

that's funny this is one HUGE grain of salt or maybe i should say BOLDER hahah nice one
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Rememeber HP goal is making money not pleasing the old users of WEBOS. Now if the user base of WEBOS was large theres no way HP could get away with that but the user base for the PRe at Sprint is probally so small it dosent really matter in a financial sense. Ofcourse its not good and really messsed up to do this to the die hards. but again its all about making money.
    The Pre 2?! Really? That's the best Palm/HP could do? FAIL.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    If Sprint is not getting the Pre Plus or Pre 2, that is some bizarre stuff. I remember I was on the iPhone and purposely switched to Sprint just to use the Palm Pre. And now we don't get a Pre Plus or Pre 2? MAN!

Palm has the worse business plans.
    Fair enough.

however, this could not be palms fault. we don`t know what is going on between sprint or palm. this could be sprint saying no or anything
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/15/2010 at 07:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    The epic has problems...
    And the Pre doesn't?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    If Sprint doesn't get the Pre 2, then I'll just enjoy webOS 2.0 when it lands on my launch day Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    This is what you posted:
    This is what it means:

I'm pretty sure the accuracy rate of Sprint rep predictions posted in these forums hovers around 0.00%
    Normally I would agree but with this leak of VZlearn page, Sprint might be doing the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    Normally I would agree but with this leak of VZlearn page, Sprint might be doing the same.
    It does seem like a waste of a phone if it's CDMA and not on both Sprint and Verizon..

Anyways, per the topic: I'm not loyal to Sprint. Yea, they've been good to me, but having crappy signal where AT&T users get 5 bars is ridiculous. I don't understand why Sprint doesn't have better signal, especially saying they "can't guarantee signal inside buildings." Every other carrier has 5 bars and I have no data and barely any voice signal? Ludicrous. Although I save about $30 a month on my bill compared to Verizon.. Gah Sprint can't you just upgrade your service?!?! Why do they even offer 4G if they don't have 3G everywhere?

I digress. I'd love for something better than the Pre & Pixi to land on Sprint, but only if they rock out their network with some quality signal so I can stick it to those pesky iPhone users!
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    It does seem like a waste of a phone if it's CDMA and not on both Sprint and Verizon..

Anyways, per the topic: I'm not loyal to Sprint. Yea, they've been good to me, but having crappy signal where AT&T users get 5 bars is ridiculous. I don't understand why Sprint doesn't have better signal, especially saying they "can't guarantee signal inside buildings." Every other carrier has 5 bars and I have no data and barely any voice signal? Ludicrous. Although I save about $30 a month on my bill compared to Verizon.. Gah Sprint can't you just upgrade your service?!?! Why do they even offer 4G if they don't have 3G everywhere?

I digress. I'd love for something better than the Pre & Pixi to land on Sprint, but only if they rock out their network with some quality signal so I can stick it to those pesky iPhone users!
    LOL, carrier signal is so location-dependent that it's crazy to even begin to compare whole networks based on YOUR office, the whole idea is laughable. In my office, being the only Sprint user, I am routinely the only person out of 15 people that can even make a phone call. Verizon and AT&T can't make calls from the doorway, they have to go all the way outside, while my Sprint phone still pulls down 3G data from all the way in the back of the room, 20 feet inside and away from the only door.

It's location-dependent. If you have dead spots, tell Sprint. Their customer service has been excellent for me of late, truly great service the last time I called.

But hey, if Sprint doesn't work for YOU and YOUR needs, then sure, maybe it's not the right service for you. But that sure as heck doesn't mean it's not great for other people. Like me, I pay less than every single one of my coworkers and I'm the only one in my office that can make a phone call at my own desk.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I am up and down on this. I want new hardware, just not sure if this is the new hardware I have been waiting for. I hate to admit it, but the Win 7 phone looks interesting.
    Yeah, you should go for it. I mean, M$ really nailed it on the hardware, with 1Ghz cpus, 512MB of RAM, and 8-16GB of storage.

Windows Phone 7 handsets: spec comparison -- Engadget

(Now where have I seen identical specs to this?? ...Oh I know http://www.precentral.net/sfr-outs-p...-and-512mb-ram)

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    The epic has problems...
    Pretty funny comment on a Pre forum. I will probably get a Pre 2, but my wife is doing just fine with her Epic. She has made it a month with it with no problems, while my first Pre lasted 2 days before the camera crapped out.
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniPollicis View Post
    I was at a Sprint store to get my phone replaced after the screws that attach the screen to the slider mechanism came out and the screen was only attached by the electronics' ribbon (seriously, has this happened to anyone else through normal use?!).
    They couldn't replace it; apparently when your pre literally falls apart it's not covered by warranty.
    After explaining I didn't want a different phone because I liked the OS too much, the employee told me that Sprint had let their contract with Palm expire, hence if I was waiting for another Palm phone I was out of luck. I mentioned how Palm was bought by HP, thinking maybe there was a contract with HP she might admit to, but she brushed that comment aside and I left to get some super-glue.
    and this is why i hate sprint repair centers.... THEY LIED to you man, same thing happened to mine and they fixed it.... they just replaced the screws....
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    this is not about my needing a new phone, my pre minus still runs great. This is about us sprint users, who have done nothing but promote the pre and webos, whether on the forums, or in polls, through twitter, on facebook, you name it. We still promoted it when the other carriers got the plus models, we have been loyal to palm, and this slap in the face is what we get. You all should know me by now, I think android is a pos compared to webos. But if indeed verizon gets the pre 2 before sprint, I'm sure I can make android work for me.
    I'm with this guy. I REALLY love my Pre. I talk to everyone about it. I help friends get connected to Preware so they can enjoy their Pre as much as I enjoy mine. But if VZ gets the Pre2 and Sprint is done with WebOS phones, I guess I will be moving on to crappy Android.

Might have to shelve this one next to my Beta Max!
    Quote Originally Posted by Solen View Post
    Now, even if this Pre 2 does come to Sprint, I think I would just rather wait for the "real" upgrade webOS phone next year, right? Isn't that supposed to be the one we've all been waiting for?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Yeah, you should go for it. I mean, M$ really nailed it on the hardware, with 1Ghz cpus, 512MB of RAM, and 8-16GB of storage.

Windows Phone 7 handsets: spec comparison -- Engadget

(Now where have I seen identical specs to this?? ...Oh I know http://www.precentral.net/sfr-outs-p...-and-512mb-ram)

Not all specs are created equal. Take an iPhone 4 underclocked to 800 mhz and a Pre Plus overclocked to 1.2 ghz, and ask them which is faster, loads apps faster, and is more responsive.

Microsoft "nailed it on the hardware" because their OS - AT LAUNCH - is tuned to the spec and so it delivers a responsive experience on par with iOS on iPhone 4. Over 17 months after launch, Palm has yet to tune WebOS to the hardware on either the Pre or the Pixi.
    Why are people so down on the specs for the Pre 2? It's spec identical and in some cases superior to what android is currently offering and even to the iphone (800mhz proc) and offers the advantage of running webOS.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Not all specs are created equal. Take an iPhone 4 underclocked to 800 mhz and a Pre Plus overclocked to 1.2 ghz, and ask them which is faster, loads apps faster, and is more responsive.

Microsoft "nailed it on the hardware" because their OS - AT LAUNCH - is tuned to the spec and so it delivers a responsive experience on par with iOS on iPhone 4. Over 17 months after launch, Palm has yet to tune WebOS to the hardware on either the Pre or the Pixi.
    I hope that webOS 2.0 will resolve that issue. The main performance hit's in webOS should be taken care of with that update. ie. switching from java to javascript and hardware accelerated css which should make for an impressive performance increase on both older hardware (pre/plus and pixi) and should put new hardware ,pre 2, at what the average consumer expects from a performance perspective on the current android and iOS phones
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    Why are people so down on the specs for the Pre 2? It's spec identical and in some cases superior to what android is currently offering and even to the iphone (800mhz proc) and offers the advantage of running webOS.
    I don't think the processor, RAM, or WebOS is what people are "down" about, but as I said in my previous post...that doesn't mean much with an unfinished, unoptimized OS anyway.

It's just not much of a leap. The Android platform went from the G1 to the Droid in one year. It went from the Droid to Droid 2 and Droid X in 6 months. Android went from 1.0 to 2.2, with word of 2.5/3.0 soon on the way in the same time period.

In that same period, we went from the Pre to the Pre Plus to Pre 2. You see the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    I hope that webOS 2.0 will resolve that issue. The main performance hit's in webOS should be taken care of with that update. ie. switching from java to javascript and hardware accelerated css which should make for an impressive performance increase on both older hardware (pre/plus and pixi) and should put new hardware ,pre 2, at what the average consumer expects from a performance perspective on the current android and iOS phones
    Hope is the key word.

Palm has touted performance and battery life "optimization" in most updates thus far to little avail. Read the release notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I don't think the processor, RAM, or WebOS is what people are "down" about, but as I said in my previous post...that doesn't mean much with an unfinished, unoptimized OS anyway.

It's just not much of a leap. The Android platform went from the G1 to the Droid in one year. It went from the Droid to Droid 2 and Droid X in 6 months. Android went from 1.0 to 2.2, with word of 2.5/3.0 soon on the way in the same time period.

In that same period, we went from the Pre to the Pre Plus to Pre 2. You see the difference?
    I see and understand the difference, but we are comparing palm a small hardware company trying to regain it's former glory with google a giant in the industry that probably has more people in it's marketing department for android than all of palm's employees combined.

And honestly the last 6 months of android have been more of the same from all of the phone manufacturers, they all have the same specs hardware wise.

I think that this phone matching the specs of the current crop of superphones and anything new that H/Palm announces at CES will be a good way to hit all the points of the market. If the pre 2 is going to be the new low end of the webOS market (as i hope it will be) then we have nothing to fear going forward.

However if this is what H/palm wants to push as the new webOS standard than they have already given up on the phone market as far as I am concerned

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast