Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    my biggest complaint is I am tired of hearing the name 'superphone'. What the hell is a superphone? And will it still have super powers 3 months after it is released. Will it jump start my heart if I am dying?
    Apple patented this already

No seriously they did
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/06/a...d-turn-the-ip/

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    my biggest complaint is I am tired of hearing the name 'superphone'. What the hell is a superphone? And will it still have super powers 3 months after it is released. Will it jump start my heart if I am dying?
    i dunno, but i'll totally buy this "super phone" if it enabled me to perform a hadouken. palm pre super phones are serious business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I think that most people that complain about virtual keyboard's don't give it a try and just like their old ways..blah blah...

While owning a Pre I never thought I'd say this but...

I'll take a good virtual keyboard over a physical keyboard any-day of the week.
    PERSONALLY (that means this applies to ME guys....dont jump down my throat...you might be different) i thought i could never use a non keyboard device...just the thought of tapping on a screen seemed impossible to me. However, Ive been using my brothers Itouch (whatever you call it) alot for web browsing (believe it or not, is way easier to browse the internet than on the pre...smoother and more screen space) and the whole typing on a screen never bothered me. Actually i kinda prefer it over the keyboard.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Im on the verge of giving up on P/C as I do nothing but get angry every time I come here and see the constant barrage of trolls on here spreading the negativity virus.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooOOOOOO....dont let the trolls scare you away
    We haven't even heard an official announcement from HP/Palm yet. Who knows if this is the Pre2, for all we know this could be the new Pre Plus, or the 3rd generation Pre (similar to how Apple continued to update it's iPod Classic; until recently anyway).

Bottom line, it's just an update to the flagship webOS device. I'm sure HP/Palm will announce their onslaught of new webOS Phones, Tablets, Watches & Toasters at CES 2011. Then we can all go nuts.

Until then enjoy your overclocking, patches and homebrew; appreciate your Pre/Pixi, and donate to webOS Internals &/or buy the new Preware Homebrew Documentation app in the App Catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
    i dunno, but i'll totally buy this "super phone" if it enabled me to perform a hadouken. palm pre super phones are serious business.
    you can't already?? Dude, you don't even deserve this new phone. lol

*hadouken!*
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Dang-it, it doesn't come with a side of bacon!
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    You can blame Google for the term 'Superphone'.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    lol you're probably right OP, they took all the unsold pre's and pre+'s back and put new chips and front's on.

I was hoping for a thinner pre or a pixi with pre screen.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Same form factor? Did the iPhone's form factor change since its release? I personally like the Pre form factor and only a 4G variant would make me want to upgrade.
    Palm Pre Plus on Verizon || I blog at butr.net
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Excess parts? Maybe, but is that really a problem? Only the back half looks the same, and that's from the outside. Inside there are changes that we know of, such as the CPU and RAM. The screen half is obviously new. Then, most likely, there are things that we don't know about: camera, WiFi, Bluetooth, the type of RAM, the feel of the keys/buttons, quality of speakerphone/microphone, etc.

Then there is WebOS 2.0 and new API's, Just Type, and Exhibition. This and the hardware changes that we know of will breathe new life into the Pre.

I'm glad that I can re-use my touchstone back and, of course, my touchstones and extra battery.

The biggest complaints that people had just a few months ago were about the build quality, responsiveness of the OS, battery life, and the lack of API's. All of these issues have been addressed with the Pre2.

Build quality: flat screen with bezel will prevent screen cracks originating from gesture area button (it has none) and USB port. No more USB port door falling off. Cannot comment on OREO yet.
    Responsiveness of the OS: WebOS 2.0 will be more refined and efficient, switching from Java to Javascript in the back-end. DB8 will help with this as well if I understand this correctly. New processor.
    Battery life: Improvements in the OS will improve battery life. New processor is more battery efficient. Cannot comment on screen technology yet. Battery looks to be the same, but for French market. Cannot comment about battery in other markets.
    API's: it's already been stated that microphone and camera API's will be here by year's end (WebOS 2.0). Cannot comment on additional API's yet.

So now that the major issues with the Pre have been addressed, everyone is bit*ching about the fact that this looks like any other Pre. Well, DUH, it's a PRE2.

People are on some serious drugs. Maybe I need to use some myself.
    +googleplex. My thoughts exactly.(just in case this is in no way referring to google. Googleplex is a number.)
    referring to the above post
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I'll wait a few months down the line when Bad ESN Pre2's start showing up on ebay, then swap my Sprint Coms board from my current PrePlus to a Pre2. Then I'll continue to hold my hardware upgrade for the next big Palm phone.

It's a pretty good bet the Coms board will be the same, given the same FCC label, battery, and backplate.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the specs of the new Palm Pre 2, I'm just stating my opinion of why it is what it is and wondering where and why it happened.
    Well, the Pre2 does have everything going for it..except for its thickness. From the pic leaks, it seems thicker than the existing Pre, which to me is a step down.

Now if they give us the Pre2 in a less than 1/2" shell...
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I like the specs of the new Palm Pre 2, I'm just stating my opinion of why it is what it is and wondering where and why it happened.
    Sorry if I did gave you the impression that I 'got you wrong'. That was completely unintentional. I just got into it after reading so many other threads complaining about the looks and form factor and specs and etc. etc. I did know you weren't complaining.

I'm sure Palm had some spare parts and saw it fit to use them for the Pre2. As I alluded to before, they changed what needed to change and didn't touch what didn't. More than likely before the HP buyout which delayed the release of this device to 4Q2010.
    Problem is that if everyone who needs to replace Pre
    on Sprint that is up for upgrade now buys the Pre2...

There won't be many buying the spring line of phones
    for another year.

So why would HP/Palm waste time with this if the are
    really coming out with one or more jaw dropping phones
    in just a few more months knowing they will lose so many
    sales?
    I'm not excited either for the Pre2. I definately won't be going out to buy it, or any other device for that matter. Am I supposed to get excited so that I don't want my current phone, which from what I can tell(I know, we don't know ALL the specs yet) the only difference is 8GB memory and an extra 256k RAM? Can't say I'm super excited, but I bet if I had some old P.O.S. flip phone(like I had when I got the original Palm Pre), I might be. Even if they came out with a 2GHz processor, with an 80GB storage, with 2.0 webOS, 30,000 apps in a new catalog.....I still wouldn't be going out to get one. I can't even remember the last time I actually paid $$$ for a phone. Maybe if we had sweet deals like you have in the states, I'd be more inclined to pay $$$ out of my own pocket for a phone, but here in Canada, we don't, in fact, I'm pretty sure I've dug this up before(and I'm not going to again, so feel free to check it out yourself), we pay the 2nd highest cell phone bill in the world. So for all you out there that feel like you have to complain about something, remember this.....at least you don't have to complain about outrageous cell phone bills every single month. Just looked on a site for US plans and I see a lot of $69/month unlimited......Fat chance getting a deal like that here.

Interesting OP, I re-read your post and you mention the "unfortunate keyboard" ......really.....I thought a lot of people(myself included) liked that keyboard.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGP View Post
    I'll wait a few months down the line when Bad ESN Pre2's start showing up on ebay, then swap my Sprint Coms board from my current PrePlus to a Pre2. Then I'll continue to hold my hardware upgrade for the next big Palm phone.

It's a pretty good bet the Coms board will be the same, given the same FCC label, battery, and backplate.
    EXACTLY what I'm waiting for.

And why all the uproar about the Pre 2? It is not a new device line, but the Pre...2! People are just upset that they aren't seeing a different form factor, which we will see in early 2011. For the Pre 2, there are significant upgrades. The screen is flat, which could (hopefully) mean glass. The site claims a slightly bigger screen and a more solid body. The processor has gotten a good bump. And we don't know if the camera has gotten a similar spec improvement as well. Hell, the keyboard has got to be improved as well.
    There will be a different form factor for those who want it. This is just the second iteration of the original Pre. Settle down until you actually see the whole phone.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast