Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Really I think they were trying to address some of the hardware issues with this updated Pre. Build quality seems to have been the goal here not a completely new direction. I just hope they come with something good for spring.
    Well i really dont know what the resolution is (but it was guessed to be) 320x480.
    Pretty bummed about that. Hoping that its actually upped.
    I was hoping for a larger (or at least bigger buttons) keyboard.

Other than that, im pretty content with the phone.
    I actually have a fetish for sliders
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    Really I think they were trying to address some of the hardware issues with this updated Pre. Build quality seems to have been the goal here not a completely new direction. I just hope they come with something good for spring.
    Exactly what I was thinking...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    To anyone who doesnt like the Pre 2:

1) Wait for the full specs to be revealed
    2) Wait for the newer hardware being announced at CES 2011
    3) If you still want better hardware, go elsewhere, but you will miss WebOS.
    I really think the folks complaining are just screwing around for attention or just flatout ignorant.

How many times does HP/Palm has to say EARLY 2011 for new devices. As stated our current Pre/Pre+ are lacking, so common sense would tell me this was already to be the successor based on HP pointing to EARLY 2011 ie; 3g vs 3gs.

The next generation HP phones will make the needed splash just as Win7 (that many here wrote off a yr ago)....I am one of those regular consumers who happens to stumble upon Precentral and love it and the whinning here seems to get worst by the day no matter what HP does.

Again, this is a CORRECTION/UPGRADE in my opinion to the trial Pres' we own today.

For folks who argue HP/Palm should have released this 3-6 months ago, are you kidding...lol. I am sure if things were in place and they felt comfortable they would have, do you guys think an aggressive company such as HP just decided to take a vacation rather than get it out if they felt it was ready.

Lets all wait for it to hit, buy it or stay put, or just haul **** already.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 10/12/2010 at 10:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Just wait and see. Thats all im going to say.
    i am not sure how vzn upgrades work but if it is a full 2 years then vzn hasnt had the Pre plus for 2 years so you wouldnt be able to upgrade. by the time the new super phone comes out, the original release on vzn will be up for upgrade.

us, on Sprint with original release date phone that didnt even get a spec bump when the Pre plus came out, i am happy to get this Pre 2. IF a new super phone comes out in Mar and it is that great, i will add a line and get it then
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Your reasoning is sound - as of 6 months ago.
    acquisitions take a bit of time, you know.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Yep, I'm underwhelmed. No webcam, same res screen: so far I don't see any real improvements, seeing as I'm content with the speed of my 500MHZ Sprint Pre.

Meh. I'll stick it with my Sprint Pre until it's obsolete, and then I'll probably go to Apple.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    If they get the price point right, I will own this pre2(network pending). I've loved the pre's form factor from day one and still do. I just need to know how much and where I can get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Your reasoning is sound - as of 6 months ago.
    Seriously, what are you doing on precentral?
    i agree with you on 1 thing Prince, CARDS RULE. they will release a new super phone early next year. but if everyone here that is complaining about the Pre 2 saying they arent going to buy it, there shouldnt be a line to get my Pre 2.it will be good for us original day Pre release on Sprint, i am happy to get our version of Pre plus +.
    The pre2, will be a nice edition to the lineup.

However, I think yall are jumping to the gun about the early 2011 devices.

Nothing has been mentioned offically. Just becuase some HP employee comes out and says early 2011, doesn't make it true nor withen context of the event. I personally will be waiting for a offical press release and ces.

However, the pre2 is real. It is what everyone is saying it to be, a minor spec bump. The likly hood of sprint getting it anytime soon is very slim thoe. Verizon will be getting it, and I won't be switching. A 1ghz webOS 2.0 pre is more then enough for me at this point. I don't need the rest of the spec upgrade. And thats where this phone fails.

However, if it does indeed one day come to sprint, I would upgrade in a heart beat. But its not a switcher.
    Well, do you think Pre 2 will still be available in March of 2012, when my 2-yrs contract with VZ expires for my free Pre+ ? And I have no complaint about my Pre+, I'm perfectly happy with my ''World's best designed compact smartphone ever produced, a Pre+" !
    my only complaint is that there are too many complainers on precentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    my only complaint is that there are too many complainers on precentral.
    Could it be that they were hoping for Palm to fail, and then disappointment set in when Palm was purchased by HP? Could it be that they see the handwriting on the wall and that HPalm is going to succeed in a big way? I honestly question their reason for coming to this forum.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    My biggest complaint is that it still has the Palm name...don't people know Palm are cr@p and have no business being in the phone biz. Where in the hell is the HP brand on the thing. Jeez!!
    I think you have it backwards,,the likely hood of verizon getting it first is slim,they have treated palm very badly.
    my biggest complaint is I am tired of hearing the name 'superphone'. What the hell is a superphone? And will it still have super powers 3 months after it is released. Will it jump start my heart if I am dying?
    I'll bite: I am not happy about the flat front. I like the Pre's curves. And I'm not impressed by glass. Glass breaks. My pre's taken some major (over 7ft onto concrete) falls before. No shatter, just scratches. And I just got a really solid refurb (no oreo, good keys, screen, etc.) and put a bodyguardz protector on it, so the whole "glass doesn't scratch" thing is a non-issue.

there's my best complaint. In general, I think it's a solid follow up to the pre, and wish it could have come out when it was probably meant to. All in all though, since I basically just got a new Pre minus, I'll probably save my upgrade until an HPalm design is announced.

oh yeah, and I'm mad that there is no integrated vibration/video function to make spankwire that much more fun. I mean, seriously??

(okay, not seriously).