Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Say what u wish about the Pre 2. Think of it this way Palm has been keeping an eye on the webos community and knows rather well what we have been doing, patches weve used and r using and r watching and listening to our activities. So we got the Pre 2 same design, now 1Ghz, (weve been running 1ghz for months), and a few additional adjustments.

Think of this as a tease of the things to come in future webos hardware for 2011. if u have any doubt, just look at how Palm is incorparating homebrew patches into 2.0.

The hardware for 2011 will definately turn a few heads and make some people green with envy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    It Has Not Flux Capacitor!!!! What Is Palm Thinking!
    I'm happy it doesn't have a Flux Capacitor! What if I have my Pre2 with me in my car and I reach 88mph???
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    You Might End Up With A Startec Motorola From 1995....I Guess You Have A Point.
    I don't know when that contest ends, but I was thinking about the new Palm Delorean as an alternative to the Pre2, complete with a Sedio Flux Capacitor
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    The Palm DeLorean ..... It's Gotta Be Made Out Of Stainless Steal Tho.
    I want the Palm 2 to have a pen/pencil stylus!
    And We Need A 1.21 Jiggawatt Processor
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    The Palm DeLorean ..... It's Gotta Be Made Out Of Stainless Steal Tho.
    And its gotta be loaded with coke!

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS

EDIT: seriously though I wanna hear all the real complaints in here

I'm with Jlcamp on this one
    Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post
    I think that most people who complain about the keyboard haven't tried using it for long. The Pre keyboard is different from those of most other phones and, for me, better.

I've got pretty huge hands, and I generally find phone keyboards hard to use, even when landscape sliders. The thing that makes the Palm keyboard different is that it's really designed to be used with the edge of your fingernails--that's why it's got those "gummy" keys. You can't use a blackberry keyboard like that, for example, with hard plastic keys.

So, while my big fingers have trouble pressing just one key at a time on most phones, the fact that I can use my nails on the Pre means that I can type much more quickly and accurately on the Pre's keyboard, even though it's smaller. This is one of the things I like most about the Pre, and one of the reasons I keep defending its design.

If you've been using your keyboard like a normal keyboard, try using your nails more, and I promise you'll see a difference. This is what the designers of the Pre's keyboard had in mind, in fact, although not everyone realizes it.
    I think that most people that complain about virtual keyboard's don't give it a try and just like their old ways..blah blah...

While owning a Pre I never thought I'd say this but...

I'll take a good virtual keyboard over a physical keyboard any-day of the week.
    What? It won't serve me breakfast in bed? Ha! I'm not buying it!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    yeah, like that's hard. Way to aim low... If I'm going for a bottom feeder I'll wait for the HTC Pro 7 and give WP7 a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    More like "Samsung Transform Killer"....
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    What? It won't serve me breakfast in bed? Ha! I'm not buying it!
    That's the toaster/waffle maker edition

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    It's not really the specs that are dissuading me. It's how much uglier it is.

The original Palm Pre (and Plus) are beautiful in my eyes. They have that curvaceous riverstone look with shiny plastic that has not been bested visually by any other phone.

Now, we have the same curvy back, but with a flat, uninspiring front. Like someone else has said, it looks like a Palm Pre prototype.
    That's a load of BS. Surf the web on an iphone a couple times a week. Owned a Hero from launch day as well as an Evo. Can I type on screen? Yeah. Do I hate it? Immensely. I'll take my Epic any day.

And you need to amend your post to a bad physical keyboard because the Pre is not representative of a good physical keyboard by any means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I think that most people that complain about virtual keyboard's don't give it a try and just like their old ways..blah blah...

While owning a Pre I never thought I'd say this but...

I'll take a good virtual keyboard over a physical keyboard any-day of the week.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Yes, I want to complain. My complaint is that I don't have a pre 2 yet. If that's not a reason to complain I don't know what is. Anyway, I was in a Sprint store today and was told that the HPalm tablet will be offered by Sprint but not until the beginning of next year. And you know you can believe all Sprint store employees. So that's another reason to complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLEY View Post
    The hardware for 2011 will definately turn a few heads and make some people green with envy.
    And you know this how?

Blind faith is almost as much of a turn-off as the ever-prevalent whining and negativity you see all over here.

We will know when we know. Everything else is a guess. It may be right, but it's still just a guess.
    WOW I have been reading all these people crying about the pre2 for the last 2 or 3 days now. If is not for you then so be it. Wait for the better phone next year or jump ship is that so hard to figure out. I'm sure this is what palm wanted to do back before the merger and HP said they were going to let palm follow its road map but also said they were going to release phoneS next year so relax already and for gods sake stop crying because you didn't get what you wanted. This is not what I was expecting but what can you do. You know what most of us are disappointed but we move on. Now aether go buy a Pre2 or don't its that easy. The least you could do is wait for an official announcement in the US and lets not forget about the Roadrunner HD. (Sorry I had to vent!)
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    It's not really the specs that are dissuading me. It's how much uglier it is.

The original Palm Pre (and Plus) are beautiful in my eyes. They have that curvaceous riverstone look with shiny plastic that has not been bested visually by any other phone.

Now, we have the same curvy back, but with a flat, uninspiring front. Like someone else has said, it looks like a Palm Pre prototype.
    I think Palm is going for "function over design" this time. I definitely agree with them. I also like how the Pre2 looks, so it's not an issue for me at least.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Boo Hoo I didn't get the super duper phone i wanted it can't print things off my pc or make me toast or drive my car for me! Palm sucks I don't know how to go on with my life now BOO HOO!!!!
    The Pre 2 is a worthy successor to the Pre in my opinion.

The original Pre obviously won the hearts of many before people were wanting to see something new.. a "new Pre" or "Pre 2" as so many were hypothetically referring to it as. So, enter the newly leaked Pre 2. Palm was obviously crafting this "new Pre" while they were still an independent company. A few design adjustments, better guts, better build quality, this IS in fact the next iteration of Pre that everyone was jonesing for. Did we not ask for a "new Pre"? Did we expect this "new Pre" to be THAT much different from its predecessor? What kind of sense would it make for Palm to scrap this "new Pre"? They've already said they are working on other new smartphones for early 2011 as part of their roadmap.

But anyway, I will try and make it clear: The Pre 2 should NOT be confused with HP Palm's long-term webOS smartphone roadmap. It is called the Pre 2 for a reason, as it is the next iteration of Pre, the "new Pre" we were all asking for. This phone is not meant to be the game-changing phone everyone was hoping to see ever since Palm was acquired by HP. So, if you hate it, I'd advise you not to buy one and instead wait to see what HP Palm will be announcing for early 2011.
    Last edited by jetsetter883; 10/12/2010 at 10:23 PM.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast