Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Except it now has a 1ghz processor that can and will be over clocked to 1.5ghz or better.

Why is it that when Iphone is just a spec bump nobody bit*ches? This is what Palm had in the works all along, Im sure there will be different versions in the very near future. So calm down and be patient, and stop the negativity. Were getting to be way too negative and that will do nothing to help here. It will cause good devs to leave. Im not calling myself a good dev but Im on the verge of giving up on P/C as I do nothing but get angry every time I come here and see the constant barrage of trolls on here spreading the negativity virus.
    I frecuent macrumors as well, and trust me people were *****ing there too, about it only having a 3.5" screen instead of 4", about facetime only being wifi, about no 4g, about no hdmi port, ect. People will always complain when a new device they are interested doesn't have all the features they want.
    Last edited by fernandez21; 10/12/2010 at 06:48 PM.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    yeah, i'm refering to the fact its still almost the same form factor. Who knows, maybe they just replaced the LCD area. Times are tough for Palm with bad moves like this one!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Except it now has a 1ghz processor that can and will be over clocked to 1.5ghz or better.

Why is it that when Iphone is just a spec bump nobody bit*ches? This is what Palm had in the works all along, Im sure there will be different versions in the very near future. So calm down and be patient, and stop the negativity. Were getting to be way too negative and that will do nothing to help here. It will cause good devs to leave. Im not calling myself a good dev but Im on the verge of giving up on P/C as I do nothing but get angry every time I come here and see the constant barrage of trolls on here spreading the negativity virus.
    I agree 100%, drinks on me and I will also buy you a cookie...great post!!

PS: dont leave, we need ALL developers to stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigunesq View Post
    to me, the palm pre 2 looks way too much like the original. it has a flatter screen and a different charger door. Thats not really a huge improvement. and palm pres now can be overclocked to 1ghz so thats not a big deal either. Now if it is made out of better material that doesnt scratch as easily that might be good but as of right now.... its kidna the same deal
    It's called a refresh. And also an overclocked 3430 at 1GHz is not the same as a 3640 1GHz which this presumably has. The 3640 is much more power efficient, and would translate to better battery life. Overclocking the 3430 will just get you worse.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Relax, guys. Nowhere says this Pre 2 is their flagship and the only thing they will produce this coming year. In fact it isn't even officially announced yet.

I think the Pre in its current form already gives lower-mid range smartphones (e.g. BB Curve 3G) a good run for the money, and that's the arena the Pre lineage should compete in. Palm still has Roadrunner HD and Mansion (if this thing exists) to compete with the others.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I've had a pre plus since launch on vzw(I know u sprint ppl have waiting far longer). I've seen a plethora of android phones with awesome specs & a new iphone come to market since I bought my phone. I've used both android & iOS and personally think webos is by far the best option. Along w/ the touchstone I'm really all-in for webos. That being said I think webos needs some new hardware and the pre2 doesn't do it for me. If webos 2.0 comes to the pre1, why would anyone upgrade to the pre2 from a pre1 (you can overclock to 1ghz if you find it necessary)? If the pre2 doesn't get me excited (and I like webos) is it really going to pull customers away from the iphone/android? I don't think so.

I really can't wait to see what other phones HP will release b/c frankly I'm getting tired of my pre (mostly/if not entirely due to the unfortunate keyboard). My contract isn't up until 2012 so I plan on paying full price sometime in March for a new phone, so hopefully webos has some better hardware out by then or else I'll have to do something I really don't wanna do & go android...

Anyone else disappointed in the pre2????
    Last edited by jbg7474; 10/12/2010 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Language
    Let's criticize something that hasn't even been officially announced yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    No.

Calm Down.

You don't know even half the hardware specs.

-Dont know the camera resolution.
    -Dont know the storage space size or if its faster (better loading of apps)
    -Dont know what resolution the screen is, or if its bigger or not.
    -Dont know what speed the DATA radio chip is, could be 4G.
    -Dont know what speed the ram is, could be faster 512mb of ram.
    -Dont know if the build quality is MUCH better or not.
    -Dont know if the screen is glass or not
    -Dont know if the GPU is better
    -Dont know if the keyboard is much more responsive like the PIXI
    -Dont know if the wifi chip is better (support N speeds)

Plus at 1Ghz this thing will eat at least 4 times less battery than an overclocked Pre. Plus it was designed to run at 1Ghz with a faster front side bus and more cache, and you can probably overclock a 1ghz chip to theoretically 2ghz (just guessing based that the Pre's can be overclocked double)

You just, dont know at this point.

Dont jump to conclusions based on some leaked photos.
    good points rmausser
    Well said, rmausser. I just wanted to add that our overclocked 1ghz Pre's could be blown away by the Pre2 running at 1ghz (or even slower).
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I'm growing sick of seeing all these posts about complaints , for a device NOT even officially announced regarding specs.

Compile that with the lack of knowledge by the avg Joe on computers, CPU's RAM etc..

With that said , I present to you
    "The Official Palm Pre 2 Complaint Thread!!!"
    Woohoo, good idea sketch. I think every time a complaint shows up anywhere regarding the Pre 2 it should just automatically be moved to this thread.
    Pre 2 sux. They had better release the Pre 3 at CES or I'm leaving Palm, Sprint, USA, heck the Universe!

PAAAAAAAALM!
    Last edited by PrinceAlbert; 10/12/2010 at 08:54 PM.
    I see pandas.
    well, I'm disgusted that it doesn't come in pastel colors.
    Rubberized edges suck, I want the flimsy USB door back and how many 'riverstones' have a flat top surface anyways????? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I'm definitely disappointed with the camera, internal storage size, and battery life! Plus, the Pre2 feels really cheap! I'm going to Android. Why Palm, WHY???
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I'm actually quite happy that the illusive WebOS toaster WAS integrated, regardless of all of the other shortcomings (read: presently un-needed WANTS) that are missing. But I'll not be happy until they add the Webos bagel-slicer. C'mon Palm!!!! Now make a device that will satisfy the general consumer.
    "What is right, isn't always popular. What is popular, isn't always right."
    All I have to say is LOL!
    the pre2 will not help palm gain market share. a plethora of new hardware in different shapes, sizes, and colors will do that. once palm gains market share, the corporations will start to give consideration to porting their apps from iOS to webOS.
    It Has Not Flux Capacitor!!!! What Is Palm Thinking!
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast