Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 217
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    So personal preference issues?
    Isn't that what good design is supposed to cater to?
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    The Pre 2 is a competitive match for the Pre 1
    exactly
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Isn't that what good design is supposed to cater to?
    No, they do not need to cater to you to still be a good design.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    No, they do not need to cater to you to still be a good design.
    Okay, let's expand on the keyboard then. Were you around when the Pre first launched? People were complaining about the keyboard left and right until it eventually became accepted that "okay, this sucks but it's what we have to work with." Judging by some of the comments on Engadget, people are still shocked by the appearance of the keyboard on the Pre 2.

    That's not just my personal preference. That's bad design.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Isn't that what good design is supposed to cater to?
    +1. The lip is awckwardly sharp. The door had problems with breaking off.
    case racking/fracturing issues.

    I don't know about you, but I'd never choose cracking as an option.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

    Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Okay, let's expand on the keyboard then. Were you around when the Pre first launched? People were complaining about the keyboard left and right until it eventually became accepted that "okay, this sucks but it's what we have to work with." Judging by some of the comments on Engadget, people are still shocked by the appearance of the keyboard on the Pre 2.

    That's not just my personal preference. That's bad design.
    Nope. I have Pre Plus and have no problems with the keyboard design.

    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    +1. The lip is awckwardly sharp. The door had problems with breaking off.
    case racking/fracturing issues.

    I don't know about you, but I'd never choose cracking as an option.
    As stated, build quality does not equate to design flaw. Issues with build quality are issues with manufacturing, not design.

    A design flaw would be something like the iP4 antenna issue where the design didn't include proper shielding to prevent signal loss issues from common hand contact.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Nope. I have Pre Plus and have no problems with the keyboard design.



    As stated, build quality does not equate to design flaw. Issues with build quality are issues with manufacturing, not design.

    A design flaw would be something like the iP4 antenna issue where the design didn't include proper shielding to prevent signal loss issues from common hand contact.
    The plastic cracking og the Pre is a design issue just like the screen issues. Internally the structure puts too much stress in specific issues causing easy fractures.

    using plastic also causes scratching to occur easier. If they had DESIGNED it with a glass front many issues would have been avoided, especially the arguments of it feeling unsturdy/cheap.

    also them designing the keyboard/lip has caused fatigue on many users, even if specifically you haven't.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

    Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    +1. The lip is awckwardly sharp. The door had problems with breaking off.
    case racking/fracturing issues.

    I don't know about you, but I'd never choose cracking as an option.
    well atleast they removed the usb door? the flat design also looks a lot more stable then the orignal...though if it doesnt have a better camera..I may get the keyboard-less device (something I really do not want to do)
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    The plastic cracking og the Pre is a design issue just like the screen issues. Internally the structure puts too much stress in specific issues causing easy fractures.

    using plastic also causes scratching to occur easier. If they had DESIGNED it with a glass front many issues would have been avoided, especially the arguments of it feeling unsturdy/cheap.

    also them designing the keyboard/lip has caused fatigue on many users, even if specifically you haven't.
    Is the screen plastic? I wasn't aware as I never use any of my touchscreen devices without a screen protector regardless of if they use glass or some other material. I guess I could see the issue with plastic and stress fractures if this were a resistive device but being a capacitive device... I guess you can call that a design flaw for the heavy handed, certainly really low on a scale of flaws though.

    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    well atleast they removed the usb door? the flat design also looks a lot more stable then the orignal...though if it doesnt have a better camera..I may get the keyboard-less device (something I really do not want to do)
    Ah, the USB door, there's a design flaw.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    The hardware isn't really going to make it or break it, aside from screen size.

    It really relies on WebOS 2.0. Did they finally make it competitive with competing OSes in terms of responsiveness, graphical smoothness, and boot/app load times? If so, maybe with some seriously accelerated and paid for (by HP) big name apps, they can be in Android and iOS class.
    It's both.

    But moreso hardware.

    Webos needs the next phone's hardware to be better than any phone out there. It also needs to be refined more.

    That's the only way for Webos to gain ground.
  11. #51  
    Does anyone else think that the new Palm Pre 2 might actually be the excess Palm Pres' they had laying around? I remember hearing that had too many phones in production and in stock, maybe they just took apart the old ones and put some upgrades? Saves money..but I mean really, almost 2 years and this is what they came up with?
  12. #52  
    its been redesigned or did you not read the posts ! it has a flatter screen than the original.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13. #53  
    lol! Not a bad theory...

    Obviously the outside is redesigned, I am sure the OP is referring to the fact it is the exact same form factor, so it has the same amount of room inside.
  14. trigunesq's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #54  
    to me, the palm pre 2 looks way too much like the original. it has a flatter screen and a different charger door. Thats not really a huge improvement. and palm pres now can be overclocked to 1ghz so thats not a big deal either. Now if it is made out of better material that doesnt scratch as easily that might be good but as of right now.... its kidna the same deal
  15. #55  
    Yes, that's excactly what it is, everything is plug and play don't you know.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Yes, that's excactly what it is, everything is plug and play don't you know.
    When dealing with the same OS, and the same line of TI OMAP processors, it is very likely.
  17. hopfrog's Avatar
    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    #57  
    I think that most people who complain about the keyboard haven't tried using it for long. The Pre keyboard is different from those of most other phones and, for me, better.

    I've got pretty huge hands, and I generally find phone keyboards hard to use, even when landscape sliders. The thing that makes the Palm keyboard different is that it's really designed to be used with the edge of your fingernails--that's why it's got those "gummy" keys. You can't use a blackberry keyboard like that, for example, with hard plastic keys.

    So, while my big fingers have trouble pressing just one key at a time on most phones, the fact that I can use my nails on the Pre means that I can type much more quickly and accurately on the Pre's keyboard, even though it's smaller. This is one of the things I like most about the Pre, and one of the reasons I keep defending its design.

    If you've been using your keyboard like a normal keyboard, try using your nails more, and I promise you'll see a difference. This is what the designers of the Pre's keyboard had in mind, in fact, although not everyone realizes it.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigunesq View Post
    to me, the palm pre 2 looks way too much like the original. it has a flatter screen and a different charger door. Thats not really a huge improvement. and palm pres now can be overclocked to 1ghz so thats not a big deal either. Now if it is made out of better material that doesnt scratch as easily that might be good but as of right now.... its kidna the same deal
    It has been beaten to death, but in case you haven't heard...

    Current Pre's CPU running at 1 GHz is not as fast as a newer CPU running at the same speed, and to a degree, a slower speed even.
  19. #59  
    Except it now has a 1ghz processor that can and will be over clocked to 1.5ghz or better.

    Why is it that when Iphone is just a spec bump nobody bit*ches? This is what Palm had in the works all along, Im sure there will be different versions in the very near future. So calm down and be patient, and stop the negativity. Were getting to be way too negative and that will do nothing to help here. It will cause good devs to leave. Im not calling myself a good dev but Im on the verge of giving up on P/C as I do nothing but get angry every time I come here and see the constant barrage of trolls on here spreading the negativity virus.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  20. #60  
    I was wondering the same thing.. The front looks diff. But everything else looks exactly the same I wonder if it's the same material.. If it's all new and redesigned with better hardware including the slider and materials.. That's great I like it.... But it having the same bak cover as original pre I'm not feeling to good about that.. My pre TS cover is cracked and also feels cheap...
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions