Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    "The Pre 2 is the iPhone 4 killer" and you can quote me!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    More like "Samsung Transform Killer"....
  3.    #23  
    I question the wisdom of putting out a budget device before the hero device. This is not a start-up, but a company with something to prove.

I remind us all of Moto. They did not come back with a Razr 2. If they had tried that, they would no longer exist, IMO. They brought the Droid. Palm desperately needs a Droid moment. This is not it. And when they do have it, they will have an even harder time selling it. If they do have a hero class device coming, they need to start talking about it, now! Otherwise, they will be judged by the Pre 2.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    At least someone is having some fun with this!
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I question the wisdom of putting out a budget device before the hero device. This is not a start-up, but a company with something to prove.

I remind us all of Moto. They did not come back with a Razr 2. If they had tried that, they would no longer exist, IMO. They brought the Droid. Palm desperately needs a Droid moment. This is not it. And when they do have it, they will have an even harder time selling it. If they do have a hero class device coming, they need to start talking about it, now! Otherwise, they will be judged by the Pre 2.
    AGREED. But I am hopeful that this is just an unauthorized leak that they're going to get in front of and put in context.

The comments at BGR and Engadget are not encouraging.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    The comments at BGR and Engadget are not encouraging.
    At which university did you get your degree in understatement? I have not read BGR, but the commenters at Engadget were downright brutal.

Someone at HP needs to speak up before this gets away from them.
    it might be a good strategy to let leaks of the new device out as soon as Pre 2 is officially announced. then in the comments and places like PC that people are crying about Pre 2, there will also be things like "i know, but did you hear about the blurry-cam shots of the new 'palm pimp'?"

this pre 2 leak kinda makes it so the need to get on a plan like that asap.
    At which university did you get your degree in understatement? I have not read BGR, but the commenters at Engadget were downright brutal.

Someone at HP needs to speak up before this gets away from them.
    No need to worry about what the commenters on Engadget think. They're just Android sheep and Palm "haters." At this crucial point in the game, we have to support Palm and not voice our disappointment in what looks to be a colossal misstep.

Stay the course, Palm.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Stay the course, Palm.
    I believe the official line is "Keep the faith."
    Pre 2 vs Pre Plus - how do they compare?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I believe the official line is "Keep the faith."
    Judging by the reaction on here and Engadget (where - wow - the commenters really are absolutely venomous towards the Pre 2), I kind of get the feeling there aren't many believers amongst the faithful anymore.

I almost want to expand on Mikah's theory about this phone never reaching US shores and imagine it's a red herring prototype of some sort. There's no way HP could be so willing to alienate the few remaining people who care about this platform.

Unless they've been telling the truth all along about not caring all that much about the smartphone business. In which case, what's the point of the Pre 2?
    the pre2's 1ghz cpu and 512 ram match the evo specs. i won't miss a 4" screen or front facing camera tbh. the pre2 is just a revamp to please the die hard palm fans and to re-introduce the public to webos so in 2011 they can release higher end phones that will be more competitive.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    No need to worry about what the commenters on Engadget think. They're just Android sheep and Palm "haters." At this crucial point in the game, we have to support Palm and not voice our disappointment in what looks to be a colossal misstep.

Stay the course, Palm.
    You may be right, in fact I'm sure you are, but why be such a d!ck about it.
    People need to stop thinking that the pre2 is the only device being made, there is defiantly an all touch screen device, and who knows what else.

The pre2 definitely compares to any hardware keyboarded phone mainly the torch, which lets be honest even the pre plus outdoes

main disappointment is lack of front facing camera for skype
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    You may be right, in fact I'm sure you are, but why be such a d!ck about it.
    I think it stems from being frustrated at seeing Palm fail at every opportunity. I want WebOS to succeed but sticking our heads in the sand and pretending all is well doesn't do Palm any favors. Not calling them on their BS is what enables them to gives us devices like the Pre 2.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    If you have to have the latest and greatest hardware you have no choice but to go with Android.
    If you want the best Apps go with Apple
    If you want the best Enterprise support go BlackBerry maybe WP7?
    if you want a great phone with the best multi tasking/copy paste/OS that will help you get through your day choose HP Palm

If hardware is your primary buying decision give up on Palm already and go get an android.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I still think that looks photoshopped. For all the issues of the original pre's design, I can't imagine the design guys would've stayed that faithful to that base design.
    Which design issues? I've only heard issues with build quality, nothing about design issues. The two things are not the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepr View Post
    if you want a great phone with the best multi tasking/copy paste/OS that will help you get through your day choose HP Palm
    The problem is that's no longer true.

And, in the case of copy and paste, it never was.

Which design issues? I've only heard issues with build quality, nothing about design issues.
    The smallest touchscreen of any flagship phone on the market, painful keyboard, and the awkward lip around the keyboard come to mind.
    The Pre 2 is a phone for those of us who want a beefed up Pre.

Not excuses. It can't compete with the latest from Android or Apple or Windows on hardware alone.

But it doesn't have to.

It has to please the people who want it.

And if the software is innovative enough, it might make up for the hardware shortfall.

That's a big if, but it might happen.

And I haven't found the response that harsh, I haven't read every thread, but I find there's a good amount of support and optimism about the Pre 2 and new hardware for CES.
    The smallest touchscreen of any flagship phone on the market, painful keyboard, and the awkward lip around the keyboard come to mind.
    So personal preference issues?
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast