• Faster Boot Times
    • Better Battery Life

<<Mod Edit>>
    Link to article on P|C Blog:
    http://www.precentral.net/sfr-outs-p...-and-512mb-ram

MORE PRE2 PHOTOS!
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...ml#post2706635
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/15/2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Added link to article on P|C Blog and more photos
    Sweet thanks!

This needs to hit the front page ASAP.

On the SFR site the mouse over for the picture says "Palm Roadrunner"

Quote Originally Posted by Google Translate
    It's official: Palm will launch its new SFR with Pre, Pre 2! This new mobile keeps the same overall design as the Palm Lawn, with the exception of its flatter screen and more refined design.

Inner side, however, things are moving! 1 Ghz processor and memory to 512 MB internal reinforced this new mobile make faster and more powerful than its predecessor.

This new launch is consistent with the release of the latest version of WebOS, the 2.0., Which offers:

* A more intuitive interface for faster,
    * An overlay views of applications, which streamlines the management mode "multitasking"
    * The App Catalog revamped and provided more games and applications.

The big news was the 2.0 development features of Facebook and the ability to receive push mode all messages, news, walls and Instant Messaging. Thus, contact management has become easier to use, as the search mode.

Finally, the new version 2.0 optimizes the battery life of your Palm, which becomes faster and more powerful, especially at startup.

And always in your Palm ... Find your email, calendar and contacts synchronized in real time, and all your social networks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Butters3605; 10/11/2010 at 01:43 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    I see its already removed from the french site..but, actually...so what?

I am disappointed it looks exactly the same as the Pre Plus. which we knew from the FCC docs. Spec bump, why even bother hiding it Palm?
    This thing has got to be coming soon - call me excited!
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I figured it would disappear so I grabbed a screen shot of the whole page as soon as I found it.
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    I'm still getting the French site with the Pre 2. It basically says, and exciting new Pre 2, rocking webOS 2.

Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink View Post
    I see its already removed from the french site..but, actually...so what?

I am disappointed it looks exactly the same as the Pre Plus. which we knew from the FCC docs. Spec bump, why even bother hiding it Palm?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Here's a rough translation from Google. It mentions a flatter screen.

It's official: Palm will launch its new SFR with Pre, Pre 2! This new mobile keeps the same overall design as the Palm Lawn, with the exception of its flatter screen and more refined design.

Inner side, however, things are moving! 1 Ghz processor and memory to 512 MB internal reinforced this new mobile make faster and more powerful than its predecessor.

This new launch is consistent with the release of the latest version of WebOS, the 2.0., Which offers:

* An overlay views of applications, which streamlines the management mode "multitasking"

Overlay views of applications

The big news was the 2.0 development features of Facebook and the ability to receive push mode all messages, news, walls and Instant Messaging. Thus, contact management has become easier to use, as the search mode.

Finally, the new version 2.0 optimizes the battery life of your Palm, which becomes faster and more powerful, especially at startup.

And always in your Palm ... Find your email, calendar and contacts synchronized in real time, and all your social networks!
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    From the site:
    C’est officiel : Palm lancera avec SFR son nouveau PrPrPré, $le$ $Pr$é $2$ ! $Ce$ $nouveau$ $mobile$ $garde$ $globalement$ $la$ $m$ê$me$ $esth$é$tique$ $que$ $le$ $Palm$ $Pr$é, à $l$&#$8217$;$exception$ $de$ $son$ é$cran$ $plus$ $plat$ $et$ $de$ $son$ $design$ $plus$ $affin$é.

Côté interne en revanche, les choses bougent ! Un processeur 1 Ghz et une mémoire interne renforcée à 512 Mo. rendent ce nouveau mobile plus rapide et plus puissant que son prprpré$d$é$cesseur$.

Ce nouveau lancement s’accorde avec la sortie de la dernière version de WebOS, le 2.0., qui offre notamment :

* Une interface plus intuitive pour plus de rapidité,
    * Une superposition des vues d’applications, qui optimise la gestion du mode « multitâches »,
    * L’App Catalog relookée et plus fournie en jeux et applications.

La grande nouveauté de 2.0 est le développement des fonctionnalités de Facebook et la possibilité de recevoir en mode push tous les messages, les actualités, les walls et l’Instant Messaging. Ainsi, la gestion des contacts est devenue plus simple d’utilisation, tout comme le mode de recherche.

Enfin, la nouvelle version 2.0 optimise l’autonomie de votre Palm, qui devient encore plus rapide et puissant, notamment au démarrage.

Et toujours dans votre Palm … Retrouverez vos e-mails, calendriers et contacts synchronisés en temps réel, ainsi que l’ensemble de vos réseaux sociaux !

Google Translate:

link doesn't work for me

though straight forward translation from that picture.. basically just a new palm phone with new version webos 2.0
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Thats awesome! I especially appreciate the faster startup!
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    Thats awesome! I especially appreciate the faster startup!
    Me, too. This has got to be coming very soon if it's already (accidentally) popped up on a carrier's site.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    The screen looks flatter like the Pixi's screen. I like that idea.
    Rob Robinson
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    A spec bump plus a redisgned screen might not be a bad idea...

I cant upgrade till March anyways because I gave my wife mine, so I kinda of have to be patient but if the "super device" does not hit Sprint before then I will definitely grab this one up!
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by SFR
    is this mojo message service?

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    I figured it would disappear so I grabbed a screen shot of the whole page as soon as I found it.
    Nice job finding it and being smart enough to get a jpeg of the image!

But really, besides some of us on this forum, is the general smartphone market going to be interested or impacted by this spec bump? I just don't see it, which makes me sad.

I want to be excited, but a warmed over Pre Plus is just lame in this day and age..let's be honest. What are they giving us besides Webos 2.0? 32 GB storage and more ROM? How about at least a microsd card slot? 1 Ghz processor? I have that now with my Uberkernel.

Wake up HPALM and don't wait for CES to give us some REALLY NEW hardware that will blow our minds with webOS 2.0!!
    Does "push mode all messages," mean mojo messaging service? That will be a huge improvement to the already awesome notification system, and should also make for a big improvement in battery performance.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    <~ Wishes he could read french...
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Nice to finally see something. Now of course, the question is: get now so I can get rid of my cracked broken launch-day Pre (never replaced!) or wait for the superphone(s)? Hmmmm
    Nice job finding that OP!

From the attached picture it looks to me like the touch surface is a separate piece from the rest of the top half. Perhaps this means glass screen?

Regardless, I'm not too jazzed about this refresh. I really want my next phone to have a bigger screen.
    How is this new?
Page 1 of 30 12345611 ... LastLast