Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nigallin View Post
    Has anyone looked at the actual aspect ratio of this supposed new Pre? I've seen the claims that the EXIF data "proves" it is from a photo-shoot, but the aspect ratio of the current Pre/Pre Plus is 3:2, and this one looks closer to 6:5. There could be more changes afoot than this meager leak on a French carrier's site shows. Either way I'll be holding out for the superphone.
    It is entirely possible that the resolution is much better. There needs to be something more than just processor....

That being said, I will still buy the darn thing.... I am a nut when it comes to phones.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

You guys are RIDICULOUS.....gee. Is there one ounce of common sense on the boards today? I am sure this phone was already in production to be released prior to HP's buyout and is the most ready product they have before a COMPLETE rollout of different form factors with greater specs.

If they push out a piece of crap of a total redesign, then you guys would beeeech about that, if the follow their plan and I hope knock it out the box in 2011, you beeech about its taking too long. I am sure its a reason why HP went on a buying spree, so they can bring the total package.

Many here blasted Microsoft and how they were done, well looks like they are sucking up lots of air and plan to give Android a run for its money by partnering with phone makers. Point being HP will be just fine for early 2011 with the reserves and relationships they have.

HP has stated very clearly early 2011 will be game time, so haul azzzz and get something else if you dont want the Pre 2 or wait for 2011. The end.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I'm willing to bet the "average" consumer will not even recall webOS/Palm/Pre at all. Zero recall, mostly becasue they never even saw it the first time.

HP has a chance to basically relaunch the Pre/webOS again.
    Really? It's still on sale at Best Buy, Sprint stores, AT&T stores, eBay, Craigslist...HP is trying to give it away to small businesses and on their website. In fact, they are paying people to take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxion View Post
    True, but I see this phone as a bandaid for current WebOS users, to tide us over until the next slew of phones is released. I see a announcement at CES and a launch in April 2011.
    At some level I agree with you.

The problem is that there isn't enoff "band-aid" users out there for a company the size of HP to invest in. I'd say they defiantly intend to make some significant money with this device or it would have be shelved completely.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    You guys are RIDICULOUS.....gee. Is there one ounce of common sense on the boards today? I am sure this phone was already in production to be released prior to HP's buyout and is the most ready product they have before a COMPLETE rollout of different form factors with greater specs.

If they push out a piece of crap of a total redesign, then you guys would beeeech about that, if the follow their plan and I hope knock it out the box in 2011, you beeech about its taking too long. I am sure its a reason why HP went on a buying spree, so they can bring the total package.

Many here blasted Microsoft and how they were done, well looks like they are sucking up lots of air and plan to give Android a run for its money by partnering with phone makers. Point being HP will be just fine for early 2011 with the reserves and relationships they have.

HP has stated very clearly early 2011 will be game time, so haul azzzz and get something else if you dont want the Pre 2 or wait for 2011. The end.
    Thank you
    I would have said that in a much.. umm.. more cruel way lol

point is.. no one on here will ever be happy or nothing will ever be good enough
    Whether You Like The Phone Or Not, The Fact That Palm Has Had This In Hand Since June Should Say A Lot. Here Is How I Take It. Even Tho Palm Was Failing As A Stand Alone Company, They Were Still Going To Release A New Phone. Yes, This New Phone Is Not Everything You Hoped For, But It IS Similar To The Way Palm HAs Always Done Their Phones. Remember The Palm Treo 600, 650, 700, 750, 755? They All Had Similar Designs With A Few Spec Bumps Here And There. So This Does Seem Very "Palmish."

But Then The Merger Happened. And Palm Even Said It Themselves When The Merger First Took Place, That They Were Still Going To Continue With The Plans They Had Before The Merger Was Official (The Pre 2.)

Now They Are With HP. And HP Has Deep Pockets So Now They Start Working On This "Mansion" And This Tablet Etc. With The Help Of HP. Now They Can Build This Super Device That We All Want To Compete With The iPhones and EVO's Of The World. Remember, This Wouldnt Have Been Possible Before The Merger Because They Just Couldnt Afford It. But Not With HP's Pockets, They Can. And They Have Only Been In HPs Pocket For What, 4 Months???? Give Them Some Time To Make A Product As A Joint Company. Tell You What, If They Do Release A "Super Device" By March Of Next Year, That Is A Release 8 Months After The NEW HPLAM Company Was Made. Which Means It Was Planned, Made, Tested, Tweaked, Tested, Approved, Mass Produced And Pushed To Carriers In A Small Amount Of Time. Sounds Like A Great Job To Me! Tell Me Another Company That Did It That Fast!

So Yea, This Pre 2 Isnt The Super Device We Hoped For. I Dont Think It Was Ment To Be The Super Device At All. Just Another Phone In The Pre Line Up That PALM (Not The Merged Company Of "HPalm") Made. Now That This Is Out The Way, We'll Start To See What We Have Been Waiting For.

Thats Just My Opinion....

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    as long as it gets released within the next month (just bought a palm pre plus last week) I'll be getting it on day one.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Really? It's still on sale at Best Buy, Sprint stores, AT&T stores, eBay, Craigslist...HP is trying to give it away to small businesses and on their website. In fact, they are paying people to take it.
    ......and yet if you were to ask the person in front of you in till queue at the grocery "what is webOS?" They wouldn't have a foggy what you were talking about.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    Whether You Like The Phone Or Not, The Fact That Palm Has Had This In Hand Since June Should Say A Lot. Here Is How I Take It. Even Tho Palm Was Failing As A Stand Alone Company, They Were Still Going To Release A New Phone. Yes, This New Phone Is Not Everything You Hoped For, But It IS Similar To The Way Palm HAs Always Done Their Phones. Remember The Palm Treo 600, 650, 700, 750, 755? They All Had Similar Designs With A Few Spec Bumps Here And There. So This Does Seem Very "Palmish."

But Then The Merger Happened. And Palm Even Said It Themselves When The Merger First Took Place, That They Were Still Going To Continue With The Plans They Had Before The Merger Was Official (The Pre 2.)

Now They Are With HP. And HP Has Deep Pockets So Now They Start Working On This "Mansion" And This Tablet Etc. With The Help Of HP. Now They Can Build This Super Device That We All Want To Compete With The iPhones and EVO's Of The World. Remember, This Wouldnt Have Been Possible Before The Merger Because They Just Couldnt Afford It. But Not With HP's Pockets, They Can. And They Have Only Been In HPs Pocket For What, 4 Months???? Give Them Some Time To Make A Product As A Joint Company. Tell You What, If They Do Release A "Super Device" By March Of Next Year, That Is A Release 8 Months After The NEW HPLAM Company Was Made. Which Means It Was Planned, Made, Tested, Tweaked, Tested, Approved, Mass Produced And Pushed To Carriers In A Small Amount Of Time. Sounds Like A Great Job To Me! Tell Me Another Company That Did It That Fast!

So Yea, This Pre 2 Isnt The Super Device We Hoped For. I Dont Think It Was Ment To Be The Super Device At All. Just Another Phone In The Pre Line Up That PALM (Not The Merged Company Of "HPalm") Made. Now That This Is Out The Way, We'll Start To See What We Have Been Waiting For.

Thats Just My Opinion....
    I found a picture that represents what your post did to my eyes... (though I agree with you on some parts. )

......and yet if you were to ask the person in front of you in till queue at the grocery "what is webOS?" They wouldn't have a foggy what you were talking about.
    Crazy Canadian.... no one in the US knows what a grocery queue is.... so we wouldn't know where to ask the question you possed...

In fact trying to find a grocery queue puts me in a foggy....

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    I found a picture that represents what your post did to my eyes... (though I agree with you on some parts. )

LMAO, Sorry Sorry Sorry. Its A Bad Habit That I Have.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Quote Originally Posted by boerner View Post
    What Palm has going for it is elegance. If they can keep the specs up to iphone level, I think WebOS will win out over time.
    WebOS is the best smartphone OS atm, but losing out badly by running on just 2 ageing hw variants. For it to really take off, either HPalm needs to release 5 top devices a year..(hopefully not printers) and/or ropes in companies like HTC to showcase webos on their hardware or employ Apple marketting team.
    well,considering my yr old sprint pre is in mint condition,i will enjoy same form factor with all the spec upgrades. What it boils down to for all people who are crying and complaing is screen size. I am glad this pre will be same size,,for me this is perfect. I held an evo last week for the first time and you could not pay me to have to carry that thing around all day. I will buy a palm pad when they come out. If for what ever reason I may need a huge screen when I am not home,ill throw that in the car. I need a smartphone,not a pocket theater.
    At some point it is important to look at the big pictures.

I'm a launch day Pre owner, looking for a new phone. I can:

1) Hope the Pre 2 comes out soon and buy it (next 30-60 days), then wait for a variety of form factors to be released in the next 12 months. If something better catches my eye, switch then or be happy with a sound hardware Pre2 w/ WebOS 2.0

2) Stay in love with webOS, buy some bandaids for me Pre, wait until CES and make a decision then.

3) Stay angry at the world/Palm/HP for never being good enough.

4) Switch over to WP7 which currently has less apps than WebOS, and an OS which almost no one has played with.

5) Switch over to Android, but if you haven't already, really, what were you waiting for? Saud/HP/Palm have given very little indication they were going to do a lot of new devices and form factors by the end of the year. There are currently 5? Android phones that are probably worth switching for? (Evo, Droid 2, Droid X, Samsung Galaxy phones) Of those, I really think the Pre 2 will be on par with spec wise (now go read #1 again).

6) Consider the alternative. Palm was cash strapped. A totally new form factor probably wasn't going to happen. So the Pre2 was it. Now, lets say HP scraps it. Then what do you have? Angry P|C forums because Palm hasn't released a new phone in a long time. They cry out from the depths of the internet "Give us something! Something new with WebOS 2.0!!!" OR HP rushes some crappy phone to market to appease the internet trolls, then everyone cries because no one will want to buy a Palm phone because the last two have been lemons.

Is this the greatest phone ever? No. Is it enough to give WebOS a new product in stores and some loyal Pre users an option (who also might really like the form factor, just not the phone always breaking)? Yes. Does it give WebOS a chance to look super sexy with a faster processor and nicer screen, you bet.
    crazy canadian.... No one in the us knows what a grocery queue is.... So we wouldn't know where to ask the question you possed...

In fact trying to find a grocery queue puts me in a foggy....
    my thoughts exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    LMAO, Sorry Sorry Sorry. Its A Bad Habit That I Have.
    Dude! It must take forever to type like that.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I am sure I could produce the same result with Android, but that doesn't mean Google is starting over with Gingerbread.
    Crazy Canadian.... no one in the US knows what a grocery queue is
    Yes I have noticed that. It's just, a "line" is something you draw, not do.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I am sure I could produce the same result with Android, but that doesn't mean Google is starting over with Gingerbread.
    I think you would be surprised about Android.... asking anyone (not in the grocery queue because we don't have those in the US) about Android or Droid and they will know exactly what you are talking about.

Say Palm Pre or Palm and you will get blank looks.

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    At some level I agree with you.

The problem is that there isn't enoff "band-aid" users out there for a company the size of HP to invest in. I'd say they defiantly intend to make some significant money with this device or it would have be shelved completely.
    Like you said earlier, it all depends on how much money they have to burn.

Honestly, i'm just glad they're doing something, which is much better than doing nothing.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast