Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxion View Post
    But they won't. They will wait until their big unveiling next year to put any effort into nabbing those users that dont have a clue what a WebOS is.
    I'd say that's very likely. Mind you much could depend on how much money they have to burn and if this Pre 2 is coming state side (I'm presuming it will).
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    As long as I see the Pre2 on Sprint, I will buy it. I pay full price for my phones anyway, so no need to wait for any upgrade.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

In a world with phones having large screens, compasses, dual cameras, dual mics, gyros, metal bodies and glass bodies and huge batteries costing $199; there is no way the pre 2 should sell for $199. At this point it is safe to say that the pre 2 will only get the glass screen. Being as how the pre 2 is smaller with far fewer hardware features, it should cost far less to produce than an Epic 4g or Droid 2. The only thing that makes sense would be for HP to go after the 85% of people without smartphones (in USA?) with a cheap palm pre 2. The pre 2 and webos do not have the "coolness" of an iphone or android device right now. The only front HP has to compete on is price. HP would do well to sell the Pre2 for $50-$75 on contract (sold cheap to the carriers initially, like $300). The pixie 2 should be free. This would need to be done before Christmas. Then at CES discus the new $199 flagship phone and tablet. This creates an upgrade path. The pre 2 is not for pre or preplus owners.
    Unless HPalm spends big on marketting, this Pre++ is going to sink without a trace..
    Android devices (And now Win7) are too many and most are better specced than this.
    Maybe WebOS needs to be licensed to HTC & others..thats the only selling point I see now.
    Stop gap phone at 149.99 will work. You don't sell it for less than 100.

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I'd say that's very likely. Mind you much could depend on how much money they have to burn and if this Pre 2 is coming state side (I'm presuming it will).
    True, but I see this phone as a bandaid for current WebOS users, to tide us over until the next slew of phones is released. I see a announcement at CES and a launch in April 2011.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    I want to know if its a new processor or did they just overclock it themselves in factory?

Cause that's not enough for most people unles WebOS 2.0 is fined tuned to a greater extent.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I like my Pre, but looks like I'll pass on the Pre 2. My biggest gripe w/ the Pre is the tiny keyboard & that won't change with new model. Also no front facing camera, when many smartphones are now incorporating them.

Hopefully HPalm has a bigger device coming down the pipeline soon thereafter, otherwise I'm going to hafta jump ship to the EVO (sadly).
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    I know but I for one believe that if the hardware issues are taken care of WebOS will truly shine thru...
    We both agree on that.....but a small spec bump just ain't gonna do the trick. Maybe these rumored superphones supposedly coming out next year will do it, but a refreshed Palm isn't going to generate any buzz. Look what its up against. There were a ton of WinMobile phones just revealed....shiny, sleek, new with different form factors. Palm has got to do better
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    Unless HPalm spends big on marketting, this Pre++ is going to sink without a trace..
    Android devices (And now Win7) are too many and most are better specced than this.
    Maybe WebOS needs to be licensed to HTC & others..thats the only selling point I see now.
    If they're going to shoot for the uniformed market (people of walmart), then they must license the OS to HTC, etc. I don't see any reason to do that though. What Palm has going for it is elegance. If they can keep the specs up to iphone level, I think WebOS will win out over time.
    I'm pretty sure a study has been done that shows in the US market people care about initial device cost more than service cost (just look at ATT and iphone). I think we smartphone veterans are a bit jaded on price. I think it has to be less than $100 to get the snowball rolling. $99 max.
    ill buy it if it comes to sprint. ill use my upgrade on it. has it been confirmed if it will come to sprint at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34608 View Post
    The pre 2 is not for pre or preplus owners.
    The Pre 2 is for this Pre owner. I don't want a bigger phone with a 5" screen and software keyboard. I just what I have now but want it not to fall apart and operate a bit smother....sounds like that might be on the way.

$199 or $100 doesn't really make any difference. You can easily spend $100 on dinner out with the wife.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    has it been confirmed if it will come to sprint at all?
    At this point the phone hasn't even been "officially" announced anywhere.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    We still don't know exactly what the Pre 2 is going to have hardware-wise...

I agree with Pogey about the $149 price point though.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    The Pre 2 is for this Pre owner. I don't want a bigger phone with a 5" screen and software keyboard. I just what I have now but want it not to fall apart and operate a bit smother....sounds like that might be on the way.

$199 or $100 doesn't really make any difference. You can easily spend $100 on dinner out with the wife.
    I disagree with 2 things, (not a you're wrong, I'm right thing, It's a personal opinion thing.) First of all, I'd prefer a dell venue pro like form factor, which would also allow a much bigger battery to be inserted into the device.

Or

The pre2, as-is for 350 unlocked. Cause I'm under a 3 year contract, and won't be able to upgrade for a looooooong time. So It either needs to be amazing, with an omap4 processor, and a larger screen, or be cheap.
    i hope they pick it up, id love to run this phone native at 1ghz in combo with the 512 ram... the phone will fly!
    Rumor and innuendo = official on the internets.

From the pics it looks like what the pre should have been the 1st time. Maybe HP/Palm is trying to reintroduce the pre And come out with better phones next year like they said they were going to do. Look at it like the rebirth of webos. I think it looks great and would like to get my hands on one to see if it is any better cause if it is I would buy 1 I like my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Palm Pre Mulitply
    Mulitply the power of webOS dissapointment so muth that you will face PALM your self.

I'm actually kinda happy because this just makes me that much more sure that I'm getting an iPhone on Verizon the day it launches. Alonf with at least 10 of my friends already.
    can't wait! i'll bet you could get a few of us around here to chip in on your new phone for you if you just never come back here. you'd have to start that like this week though, not after verizon gets the iPhone.
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast