Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I should hope that with some HP money the build quality should be on par.. Im hoping on some pre Centro build quality...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Come on HPalm, this is very underwhelming...especially after all this wait..
    Need something new..stop flogging an almost dead horse !
    Last edited by FunkiBluDawg; 10/11/2010 at 03:06 PM.
    If this can release on Verizon soon, that'd be great for me. I'm not eligible for an upgrade until 12/11, but b/c of the GPS issue they are letting me trade my phone for any other phone I want. This would be perfec b/c I love my Pre Plus aside from the GPS problem.
    the only way this will mildly succeed in the states is if it costs $49.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    what a joke. I truly have no regrets to UPGRADING to the EVO.

This Pre2 is a minor spec bump, with the same dated hardware form factor. I can't believe that some of the Palmsheep on PlC are actually excited by this. Palm could take a dump on the table, call it a phone and some of you people would still call it the greatest phone ever. lol. There have been MUCH better hardware conceptual designs by some of the PlC members than this piece of garbage Palm is putting out. Epic FAIL.
    Quote Originally Posted by susanoo26 View Post

This Pre2 is a minor spec bump, with the same dated hardware form factor. I can't believe that some of the Palmsheep on PlC are actually excited by this. Palm could take a dump on the table, call it a phone and some of you people would still call it the greatest phone ever. lol. There have been MUCH better hardware conceptual designs by some of the PlC members than this piece of garbage Palm is putting out. Epic FAIL.
    lol yeah man dated formfactor like the evo is a glorified lg vu amirite???
    This shouldnt even be called a Pre 2.. more like a pre Plus Plus!
    --Marvin
    "This must have been in the pipeline before Palm was acquired by HP, let's give them more time!" has to be the last excuse we have left for Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy
    "This must have been in the pipeline before Palm was acquired by HP" has to be the last excuse we have left for Palm.
    +1

However. it is awesome that everyone is judging this "new" device by a small picture on a foreign web site.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Epic FAIL.
    I just don't see the "epic fail" that you see.

If we think positive (details are still forming)....twice the RAM (for us launch device folks), twice the clock cycles, twice the battery life (CPU anyway), glass screen, better build quality, hardware keyboard and webOS 2.0.

This sounds like the makings of a great smart phone. It's true the screen isn't as big as the Droid X but there is a very large market for people who are looking for a phone that is iPhone sized or smaller (I don't want a slate in my pocket).

It's mostly the phone/tech nerds that are looking for the very latest in specs. For the vast majority of the public they just need it to do what they need it to do....and that this phone will do.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts

I know I shouldn't feed the trolls, but did it ever occur to you some people enjoy the Pre's current form factor and are excited by more sturdy and snappier hardware? Count me in with the "Palmsheep" excited for this.

Peace.

What makes the EVO so much better than the new Pre other than the HDMI out? I havent had any issues with my original Pre. (form factor doesnt count because that is preference)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I just don't see the "epic fail" that you see.

If we think positive (details are still forming)....twice the RAM (for us launch device folks), twice the clock cycles, twice the battery life (CPU anyway), glass screen, better build quality, hardware keyboard and webOS 2.0.
    Which brings the Pre in line with phones released 4 months ago from today. By the time it launches, it will be on par with phones that are anywhere from 7-11 months old. And still crippled by the complete lack of support from the developers who make the apps that are driving smartphone sales.

Who would want this other than the folks who are determined to go to the grave clutching an overclocked Pre?
    I'm kind of heart broken .. I waited months and months like alot of loyal webos users for a new phone and we get the same form and size factor? If I didn't love homebrew so much and paid for a lot of apps I would of been left in June .. but I'm not giving up that fast.. Jan 2011 Palm better show up big!
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Who would want this other than the folks who are determined to go to the grave clutching an overclocked Pre?
    seriously?

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Same internals as the Droid X, in a Pre-sized/shaped phone, with hardware improvements to firm it up (glass screen, better slider, getting rid of the battery door), running WebOS 2.0?

What the heck is not to like about that? Sounds perfect for me. And I'm 100% absolutely certain that they'll have a bigger version out soon enough for all you people who must be almost blind to need a massive screen and bigger buttons. A "Palm Pre for the Visually Impaired", if you will. A Lightning-sized phone could be cool too I guess, but I love the size of my Pre currently.

I've a got a Pre Plus with the comms board from my launch day Pre in it just waiting to become a hand-me-down for my wife, and my Sprint Premier upgrade burning a hole in my proverbial pocket. Bring it on, Sprint and Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    seriously?
    Okay, maybe that was a little dramatic. The point is, Palm has a small and rabid built-in audience who will buy anything as long as it runs WebOS. Those aren't the people HP should be targeting.
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    I know I shouldn't feed the trolls, but did it ever occur to you some people enjoy the Pre's current form factor and are excited by more sturdy and snappier hardware? Count me in with the "Palmsheep" excited for this.

Peace.
    +1
    Don't know if this has been said, but I bet this is only the next "Palm" phone (along w a Pixi counterpart). In the spring we will see *HP* phones sporting new high-end designs and specs.
    Personally, would be happy w an update Pre like this as a phone.
    IDK, no mention of a bigger screen or higher resolution is a little disapointing. Single core, I have gotten over, only due to everyone claiming better battery performance. What gets me is one of the links had a date of 2010/06/10 so I'm wondering what this date is for??? obviously it didn't come out Oct. 6, 2010.

EDIT: and I can't seem to get back to the page with that date, so I can't try and translate anything
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast