Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    OMAP 3630 or 3640 is more power efficient and along with webOS 2.0's power optimizations will help increase the battery life even further. If you are unhappy with battery life you can ALWAYS upgrade to a better battery.
    What he said.

The new CPU is supposed to be twice as efficient as the current one, should atleast out do the desire which as aweful battery life. Also means those of us like me with 1400mah batteries will get even better battery life
    hopefully this means webOS 2.0 is coming very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    So when do we get a front facing camera and compass? Like in another year? I might be defecting guys...
    Yeah, I initially thought the same thing, but as I intend to purchase a slate (pad, tablet) the moment they come out, the front facing camera will not be important as I would use the slate anyway, just as I use my laptop now for Skype.
    Quote Originally Posted by livinofframen View Post
    What a total and complete joke of a device. So after all that waiting, we got basically exactly what a Pre Plus is with Uberkernel 1GHz on it. Most flabbergastingly, it includes the same pathetically small battery which has been universally panned by users and reviewers alike. A truly unbelievable disappointment.
    The article hints @ Mojo Message Service in OS 2.0, this may very well drastically improve battery life.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Wonder if they "redesigned" the charger/USB door? ... what a POS design that little door was.

...serious question btw
    That's it? A serious rehash. I am very disappointed. In case Palm is reading, I wanted a new device, not the same device with new parts. I love my Palm Pre, I love webOS. I hate the hardware you chose to run it on, look at the rest of the market and tell me HPalm is making a good move.
    Sooooo.....

can we start the webOS 2.0 anticipation thread?

you know, when is verizon releasing it? When is att releasing it...when, why not now, what's taking them so long, threats of twitter bombardments, masked paaaaalm guy?

the new devices are coming...webOS 2.0 is here...time for software update watch for those of us sticking it through with gen 1 and 1.5 devices
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    Sooooo.....
    can we start the webOS 2.0 anticipation thread?
    This not doing it for you?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...on-thread.html
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by utslickvic View Post
    Wonder if they "redesigned" the charger/USB door? ... what a POS design that little door was.

...serious question btw
    It appears they have forgone the USB door all together for an exposed micro-USB port(source: front page article).

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    By Derek Kessler | Monday, Oct 11, 2010

Considering how tight of a lid Palm and HP have been keeping on details about the next Palm device, we were surprised to see it pop up on the website of French carrier SFR (who recently disappeared the Pre Plus). It’s official: the Palm Pre 2 is coming.
    Yeah, you’re interested. Here’s what details SFR dropped:

• 1GHz processor
    • 512MB RAM
    • Same design as the current Pre series, but with a “flatter screen” (we’re supposing glass) and “more refined design.”
    • Update: as arthurthornton notes in the comments - if you look closely that finicky USB door has been removed and replaced with a simple, exposed MicroUSB port. Looking more closely the finish on the edge is matted - so it looks like that crack-prone plastic we've been dealing with is a thing of the past.
    • Update 2: PreCentral member thomas92 notes via email that SFR also says that webOS 2.0 will bring a faster boot time. We really need to work on our French, it seems.

Additionally, our rusty French translation yielded this until-now unannounced webOS 2.0 feature: push. Specifically, SFR is talking about Facebook push integration (touting it as “the great innovation of 2.0”) with messages, events, wall postings, and chat. We’re not going to read too much into that, as we would hope that Palm would integrate push into more than Facebook. So either SFR is overreaching, or they’re not telling us everything about push and instead are focusing on what customers want to hear about, i.e. Facebook.

Of course, there are battery life and performance improvements, but if the way SFR is writing it, these might be better than the usual negligible bumps. And if you were wondering what the device codename could be, SFR’s given it away in their unedited image name: Roadrunner.
    And, before you ask, no mention of price or release date.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    It appears they have forgone the USB door all together for an exposed micro-USB port(source: front page article).
    I like the sliding door on samsung galaxy S I wonder if they can incorporate that into their next version of phone.
    I am not pleased with the "new" device. I am more excited about webOS 2.0 than I am anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink View Post
    How is this new?
    Because it is tangible and real and exist in reality... not some hypothetical question on what could be. We are looking at the actual next product. Until it comes to a carrier that I use though, it is still quite intangible.
    After playing around in Photoshop, I made this. (I had to enlarge the side-profile pic, that's why it's slightly blurry. )

Attached Images Attached Images
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I expected much much more. Its almost a joke. I don't expect this to come to the states. This looks like a design before the hp merger.
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    Because it is tangible and real and exist in reality... not some hypothetical question on what could be. We are looking at the actual next product. Until it comes to a carrier that I use though, it is still quite intangible.
    A tangible render of an unannounced and unconfirmed handset? Where are the dancing girls?
    so can anyone confirm or deny that this the the 102eue? If it is, I sure hope 102eww comes to sprint soon
    Quote Originally Posted by illadelphatic View Post
    so can anyone confirm or deny that this the the 102eue?
    I think it's nearly certain that it is based on the info from FCC files.
    http://www.precentral.net/p102eue-sp...sor-pre-design
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    WebOS 2 seems to be bringing the majority of the improvements, so the real question in my mind is whether or not the quality of the hardware has actually improved. If they managed the following, and it's coming to Sprint, then count me in:

Glass screen
    Sturdier slider
    A headphone jack that doesn't render my phone inoperable after using
    A power button that doesn't wear out every 6-months

If not, then I'm sure WebOS 2 will hold me over until the next device.

BTW, I agree that this was likely developed pre-HP, and the real goods are coming next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbufe View Post
    BTW, I agree that this was likely developed pre-HP, and the real goods are coming next year.
    Yeah...they have until some time in March when my premier renewal is up. Until then I'm only a spectator...
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast