Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Definitely liking the sound of the update, just wondering now whether there's been any upgrade to the resolution on it.

As for not being the next superphone I don't think that's an issue, it looks like it's right in the same spec range that the majority of smart phones are so I'm good with that. Now Palm just need to keep on producing, get say half a dozen or so devices (including a tricked out top of the range phone) out so that they can create an actual presence in stores and the smartphone market.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphoney View Post
    Agree with this completely. By the way, does anyone else think that this is similar enough to the Pre Plus so that its launch partner in the US is most likely Sprint? Or is that simply wishful thinking for us launch day Sprint Pre owners?
    I hope so...my launch month device is about to completely fall apart....I needs a replacement. No wat to know yet unfortunately. If it was some sort of exclusivity thing keeping the Plus out of Sprints hands here in the USA then we are due for this model.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    if this doesn't come to sprint I will be so disappointed, my pre is nearly dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Goodbye webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    So when do we get a front facing camera and compass? Like in another year? I might be defecting guys...
    I am assuming this is hardware that was on Palm's road-map before the HP buy-out. hardware wise this is not the webOS of the future.

2.0 looks awesome, and if it includes Mojo Message Service... that would be killer.

It is amazing to me how my Sprint Pre keeps getting better and better. Other then video conferencing (would require front facing camera hardware) nothing on the market can touch webOS software wise, IMO.

Hardware has held up OK for me, I have been through a couple replacements.
    Last edited by Butters3605; 10/11/2010 at 02:14 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    i hope so...my launch month device is about to completely fall apart....i needs a replacement.
    agreed!!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I think my launch Pre will be ok till January. Thats when things are gonna get exciting!!
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    HAHA Traxion... Awesome sig!!! lol
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    What a total and complete joke of a device. So after all that waiting, we got basically exactly what a Pre Plus is with Uberkernel 1GHz on it. Most flabbergastingly, it includes the same pathetically small battery which has been universally panned by users and reviewers alike. A truly unbelievable disappointment.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Thanks Cubed!!

Dear Lord,
    Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Actually, it might be a smarter move for Palm and HP to wait to CES to blow the minds of the market. Really, this holiday season was stolen by Windows Phone. Honestly, release this quality built lower end phone for beginners, and then announce and release the roadrunner HD or whatever it is called now at CES. They'll take the storm again at CES, the whole tech world will be watching and they'll be back in the spotlight.

Also have the tablet announced as well which everyone is waiting on to see what they've been brewing in the labs.
    I think it is too early to say WP7 has stolen the holiday season. If people care about # of apps I'm sure the iPhone and all the Android phones will still be as attractive as ever. Also, Verizon won't have a WP7 device until 2011, so there goes a huge pool of customers.

I think people have a pretty short attention. It feels like the Epic has been out for a while now, but in reality its been out for what, a little over a month?

I'm excited about WP7, mostly because if the OS is solid, I can sync up with the Zune marketplace.

The French site is also claiming "Finally, the new version 2.0 optimizes the battery life of your Palm, which becomes faster and more powerful, especially at startup." I'm excited about a faster start up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    seems like their taking the blackberry approach to successors. Pre's will always look like Pre's. Pixi's will always look like Pixi's. Any new form factors will have their own line. There's a chance this won't fail as hard as the Pre. Solid marketing seems to be doin ok for the torch.
    I don't think there is anything wrong with PRE's design. Would I like a bigger screen? yes definitely but I also like its size as it is. People seem to forget that the only difference between iphone and iphone 3G was the inclusion of 3G. Between 3G and 3GS iphone had gotten a memory bump and a processor upgrade from 400 MHz ARM 11 to Cortex A8 600 MHz and 256 Mb of memory along with a higher resolution camera.

iphone 3GS to iphone 4 has had the most changes however they are not that extensive if you really think about it, processor got bumped from 600 to 800 MHz, battery got bigger, screen resolution changed, memory got doubled and agyroscope was added along with a camera resolution increase.

Most of the upgrades have come via software on iphone. With webOS 2.0 and a 1 GHz processor and a better screen with a better keyboard a PRE will definitely be force to reckon with. I do think they need to have more form factors with and without hardware keyboards to satisfy the different demands of the populous. There is no one size fits all.

I am glad news has begun to trickle down about the new phone and I would upgrade to a PRE2 in a heart beat (it helps that I am on a sprint Pre and due for an upgrade for a while). IF they announce another Phone with a bigger screen and a different for factor (like EVO e.g. or Epic 4G) I will get that otherwise I will be happy with a PRE2.
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Nice to finally see something. Now of course, the question is: get now so I can get rid of my cracked broken launch-day Pre (never replaced!) or wait for the superphone(s)? Hmmmm
    +1. The trouble is I want and need one now. So whatever one comes first on Sprint is the one I'll get.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livinofframen View Post
    What a total and complete joke of a device. So after all that waiting, we got basically exactly what a Pre Plus is with Uberkernel 1GHz on it. Most flabbergastingly, it includes the same pathetically small battery which has been universally panned by users and reviewers alike. A truly unbelievable disappointment.
    I dunno about that. Surely there will be a bump in storage, and that in itself is tempting enough for me to dump my lil' 8gigger.

Dear Lord,
    Amen.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I honestly don't care that much about startup time, since I hardly ever have to restart. I care more about OS responsiveness.
    Quote Originally Posted by livinofframen View Post
    I agree that battery life needs to be improved on any new device, but I've read in a couple places that the new processor may accomplish that while leaving the battery the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    I realize some people want a slab, but plenty of us really like the river stone. What is all this down talk about a spec bump? How eles am I meant to upgrade and keep the form factor I prefer? If you want a slab, hang tight, I'm sure that's on the way. But for the rest of us, this is exciting!
    +1.
    If this is true, it's disappointing. Hopefully this isn't the only phone to be released by Palm. It's a bump of the Pre Plus. No mention of a better camera, better battery, better screen. Same design. Wow. The specs listed so far are very disappointing.

I hope this is not their top of the line phone. Palm Pre Plus Plus.

I hope this is targeted for Europe and not the states or at least maybe this was the model before the acquisition and the real phone has yet to be leaked?
    Last edited by Achill3s; 10/11/2010 at 02:47 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runsweetlew View Post
    The French site is also claiming "Finally, the new version 2.0 optimizes the battery life of your Palm, which becomes faster and more powerful, especially at startup." I'm excited about a faster start up!
    I cant wait... one of the main reasons why I dont restart my phone now! Takes to long...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphoney View Post
    I agree that battery life needs to be improved on any new device, but I've read in a couple places that the new processor may accomplish that while leaving the battery the same.
    OMAP 3630 or 3640 is more power efficient and along with webOS 2.0's power optimizations will help increase the battery life even further. If you are unhappy with battery life you can ALWAYS upgrade to a better battery.

On a side note my Palm PRE has improved its battery life along with increasing responsiveness since the first webOS version so I am positive that there are optimizations in the new OS that will make it even better. I am especially stoked about the rumored acceleration of UI elements via the graphic chip.
    Last edited by sapient2k7; 10/11/2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runsweetlew View Post
    I think it is too early to say WP7 has stolen the holiday season. If people care about # of apps I'm sure the iPhone and all the Android phones will still be as attractive as ever. Also, Verizon won't have a WP7 device until 2011, so there goes a huge pool of customers.

I think people have a pretty short attention. It feels like the Epic has been out for a while now, but in reality its been out for what, a little over a month?

I'm excited about WP7, mostly because if the OS is solid, I can sync up with the Zune marketplace.

I myself have decided if I do decide to jump ship it will be to WP7. Which my mean I have to jump carriers as well. I am really really digging the Dell Venue Pro ( Dell Venue Pro (aka Lightning) first hands-on! -- Engadget ). I guess I can see what the HD7 Pro does before I completely bail on Sprint.

Dear Lord,
    Amen.
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast