Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930 LastLast
    Yeah, completely different. This thread makes no sense.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Um.. The Pre 2 has a different CPU, therefore a different kernel. I'm sure the Pre 2 can hit 1.5 GHz, but it really isn't necessary anymore, IMO
    I do.. I saw the video, and apps still had to load. I want everything to be as fast as clicking on an app that's already open: Instant! Honestly, I gotta say, I'm not impressed with the speed of webos 2.0. The Overclocked pre, which was running an inferior processor, did a decent job of keeping up.

I hope I'm wrong, and that webos 2.0 will blow me away, but I have my doubts.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I do.. I saw the video, and apps still had to load. I want everything to be as fast as clicking on an app that's already open: Instant! Honestly, I gotta say, I'm not impressed with the speed of webos 2.0. The Overclocked pre, which was running an inferior processor, did a decent job of keeping up.

I hope I'm wrong, and that webos 2.0 will blow me away, but I have my doubts.
    Clock cycles can only do so much, it really comes down to the optimization of the software, which I'm sure will see as webOS 2.0 matures.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Ok, the cpu's are different.. However, the devs make it posible to overclock to 1.5GHZ. The Pre2 is clock at 1GHZ.. with a different cpu ~ right? So I assume the cpu in the palm pre and pre plus are different... Yet still both pre2 and an overclock pre plus performance are almost, if not.. the same. Right? So what is the significant difference in both cpu?
    Pre and Pre Plus have the same processor.

Significant difference between Pre and Pre2? The Pre needs to be overclocked to 2x what Palm set it at to be close to the Pre2 running at its native speed.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    one is stock rated at 1ghz so eventually that pre 2 will be over-clocked to around 2ghz. The pre 1 is a 600ghz and uses much more power.
    Pre and Plus have same processors. The significant difference is that Pre's CPU runs natively at 600mhz and Pre 2's CPU runs at 1ghz. On top of that, the Pre 2's CPU should be way more power efficient than OCing the Pre's CPU to 1ghz, meaning much better battery life.
    So, I guess if the Palm pre and plus can be overclock twice its stock speed, then the devs won't have any problem overclocking this baby to 2.5GHZ.(If possible)
    They may be able to OC it, but then it will be another power guzzler and run the same risks of instability.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    So, I guess if the Palm pre and plus can be overclock twice its stock speed, then the devs won't have any problem overclocking this baby to 2.5GHZ.(If possible)
    Depends on the processor, but I guess it's possible maybe. I don't see the need for anything over 2ghz though...
    The thread merging ninja strikes again! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The thread merging ninja strikes again! lol
    I was waiting for that, since it's a topic already under discussion in a ton of threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwarez View Post
    Do you know what this announcment actually inspires me to do? Buy some apple stock!
    oh wow, man. if you can afford it, you should have bought apple stock a long time ago, not waited for something like this!
    Do we know for sure that the processor is different. I thought that it was just somebody's assumption. Anybody have a reference?
    Sorry to get off topic a little , but does webos 2.0 have a virtual keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Do we know for sure that the processor is different. I thought that it was just somebody's assumption. Anybody have a reference?
    No question about it. We know it is running at 1GHz and since the processor in the Pre/+ is only rated to 600MHz it has to be a different one. They can't release a phone with an overclocked processor!

What we don't know for sure is exactly what processor it does have but there have been some pretty good educated guesses.
    Hmmm so Palm comes out with a new Pre that has the same resolution, glass screen, faster CPU, and bigger MP camera. Now i'm at a crossroads. I want my next phone to be some of the newest technology so i'm leaning towards an iphone 4 or possibly 5 when my eligibility for an upgrade comes in April next year, but I'm not a big fan of Apple's OS. I have an ipad and an original Pre and love using my Pre's OS but do not like Apple's OS. Unfortunately Apple's newest phone has such a better resolution, hardware, etc. save the antenna problem. Why can't they just put WebOS 2 on the iPhone? Palm really dropped the ball on not upping the resolution or increasing the screen size a little.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Hmmm so Palm comes out with a new Pre that has the same resolution, glass screen, faster CPU, and bigger MP camera. Now i'm at a crossroads. I want my next phone to be some of the newest technology so i'm leaning towards an iphone 4 or possibly 5 when my eligibility for an upgrade comes in April next year, but I'm not a big fan of Apple's OS. I have an ipad and an original Pre and love using my Pre's OS but do not like Apple's OS. Unfortunately Apple's newest phone has such a better resolution, hardware, etc. save the antenna problem. Why can't they just put WebOS 2 on the iPhone? Palm really dropped the ball on not upping the resolution or increasing the screen size a little.
    I think you can expect another phone/device before April from HP Palm.
    I haven't read all the forums posts yet but does anybody on Sprint feel left out? I mean we were the 1st to get the Palm Pre... got screwed when the Palm Pre Plus never made it over to Sprint... and now no Palm Pre 2? I hope we get a Palm Pre 2 Plus and they're just doing it backwards this time.

And I'm still worried about webOS 2.0 and the new device... come on... no front camera for video conferencing... no 4G... still lacking in some cool apps although there are a lot out there... skype... shazam... what about contact groups even... I love my Palm Pre but not sure they're focusing on the right things to be honest... stackable cards, is that really going to be that useful or take up extra memory and processing to implement?
    Last edited by Cristov; 10/21/2010 at 06:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristov View Post
    I haven't read all the forums posts yet but does anybody on Sprint feel left out?
    Yeah, I think it might be safe to say that. sprint pre 2 - Google Search
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    so anyone in france actually review the hardware on the pre 2???