Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930 LastLast
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Its a 5MP camera.
    Really? Where's your source/proof? I haven't seen any of those details anywhere.
    I'm assuming SFR removed the link for the Pre 2 from their website?

I can't find the information anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by McRoth View Post
    Really? Where's your source/proof? I haven't seen any of those details anywhere.
    Palm Pre 2 Photo Sample Emerges | webOSroundup
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Oh, cool. I hadn't seen that yet, thanks for the link.
    OK, while the EXIF may say Palm Pre, it's not something hard to edit.

So I have my doubts... just search "edit EXIF" in Google and lots of results pop up.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

So I have my doubts... just search "edit EXIF" in Google and lots of results pop up.
    I believe that he was tweeting with a Pre only program and has been saying a number of other Pre related things lately. So, I choose to be optimistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

Yeah, it's possible to do, but why would Topolsky be doing it? What reason would he have to fake it? It's not like he is claiming something and using the photo as proof. It appears to be more or less accidental.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    sprint will announce 4g in new york city and palm will announce palm pre 2 hd 4g hopefully thur. Just a guess.
    Last edited by drexaljim; 10/18/2010 at 01:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I believe that he was tweeting with a Pre only program and has been saying a number of other Pre related things lately. So, I choose to be optimistic.
    He asked about the best Twitter client for webOS, decided on Twee2, and then posted the tweet that includes the larger resolution picture from Twee2.

Seems pretty likely that it's a new Palm device.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    How absolutely worthless.

I was holding onto my Pre waiting to see what came next, hoping that with HP behind them Palm could actually deliver something that was worth while with staying with.

Same crappy tiny screen.
    Same crappy resolution.
    Mild upgrade to camera still without any kind of zoom.
    Same tired design.
    Same lack of a virtual keyboard.

Sorry, but I just don't think I can take this phone anymore. WebOS's gestures are the greatest singular thing to any mobile OS, with their notifacations being number two...but the hardware is horrible and there are too many little things that have no business not being fixed by now that make me think they never will be.

I'm sad all this news came out about the Pre 2 because all it did was confirm that my days on WebOS are likely numbered.
    i want it
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Couple thoughts on the new device/webOS 2.0:

- No autofocus on the camera. Bummer. I really enjoy using barcode reading apps and banking apps with deposit via pictures on Android. Hopefully we'll see this in the "HD" version.

- Nice that the screen is glass, too bad it's the same size. I love the gaming capabilities of the Pre, but often wish the screen was bigger to accommodate the onscreen controls.

- Just Type bar. What's the point? I like the Just Type feature, but without a virtual keyboard in place I fail to understand the purpose of the bar.

- No voice activated features? I know they've been putting place holders in the OS for this for a while. I think it's time they join iOS and Android and actually implement this feature set. I find it extremely useful when driving or walking around.
    Does anyone know if it is possible to get a QWERTY keyboard pre2 from SFR? what's their history with the pre plus? was it AZERTY only?
    Quote Originally Posted by urig View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to get a QWERTY keyboard pre2 from SFR? what's their history with the pre plus? was it AZERTY only?
    France has always been AZERTY only.

QWERTY - O2, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, Bell, Telcel - UK, Ireland, US, Canada, Mexico
    QWERTZ - O2 - Germany
    AZERTY - SFR - France

You can change between the layouts using Meta-Doctor, and I would imagine it's not much different for the Pre 2.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I wonder if bell or telus will be getting the pre 2 since its still undisclosed
    Now that the Pre2 is running 1GHZ speed, then that shows us that the Pres are capable of running a lot higher kernal than the stock 500mhz.

What do you think? I've been running 1GHZ since I found out about it.(since it was created..that is)
    the cpu's are different so I fail to see the relevence, I'm OC'd too, but that has nothing to do with pre2
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Um.. The Pre 2 has a different CPU, therefore a different kernel. I'm sure the Pre 2 can hit 1.5 GHz, but it really isn't necessary anymore, IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    the cpu's are different so I fail to see the relevence, I'm OC'd too, but that has nothing to do with pre2
    Agreed.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    +1

I'm all for overclocking and I am glad I took the plunge but it's not the same.