Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930 LastLast
    My question is if this is Hp letting palm finish out there roadmap before the merger, where is the c40 (castle 4g) for sprint?

I hope they didn't cancel that to focus all there attention on the pre 2. lol
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    I really think people should let the C40 go. It's been nearly a year since that name popped up on the internets. And the Roadrunner HD was a fake.
    Palm Pre 2 with the specs described on the french website with a 4G radio for the States would still be a competitive device in the current market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    I really think people should let the C40 go. It's been nearly a year since that name popped up on the internets. And the Roadrunner HD was a fake.
    Yeah, and that whole "Need For Speed" hullabaloo, that was fake too.
    /sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    but as stated the roadrunner is that C40. The C40 was supposed to be released back in july per the rumors. It had the same type specs this device is boasting, and of course make sense to launch since its been ready for sometime now. The HD version we can still assume (and hope) is the Sprint verison that boast that higher screen resolution, and is 4G.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Spoke w the manager of a Verizon Store in the Dallas area today. Asked about the Pre 2 and he said he that Verizon is preparing the training materials for the phone right now, but that training is not yet available. He says that as soon as training is available for new phones, the phone is usually in stores to be sold within a week.

He even joked that if it took more than 1 week, his salespeople would not remember what to do.... :-)

so it looks like it will be available at anytime now...
    training, why do you need training when its just about the same phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    training, why do you need training when its just about the same phone?
    They need training because they sucked at selling the phone in the first place.
    good point.
    So Verizon gets the Pre2 now /Nov

Sprint gets a bump to HD and 4G - in Jan/Feb when all the other HPalm devices are announced.
    (kind of reverse of how Verizon got the Pre+)
    Quote Originally Posted by funkmeisterbrau View Post
    So Verizon gets the Pre2 now /Nov

Sprint gets a bump to HD and 4G - in Jan/Feb when all the other HPalm devices are announced.
    (kind of reverse of how Verizon got the Pre+)
    yup thats what its sounding like, and to me it would be a waste giving verizon anything at this point due to Verizon not carring about Palm products at this point. It would be better to go to sprint IMO even if not 4G because not only would sprint push it more, but they would get the old users to atleast stay put.
    Hi all,

I have only 2 days left until my 2 year contact on my trusty old Centro ends....however, I am going to keep using it until we see what CES will bring us. After all, it is less than 3 months from now.

WE know about the Pre 2, we also know that a PalmPad will be out soon. Palm has admitted that they are coming out with a slab phone.

My guess is that it will come in 2 models, one with and one without a keyboard....After all, Palm has a very long tradition with a keyboard. Also because while the Iphone doesn't have a keyboard a great many of the Android phones do. Palm has to be competitive.

Additionally, we are all in agreement that the Pre 2 was designed BEFORE the buyout. That would mean Palm was forced to design it on th cheap, b/c let's face it they had no $!.

If they don't announce a keyboarded phone, I will then settle on a Pre 2. I don't care for typing on glass!

take care,

jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hi jay,

Best wishes with your new communicator device. Thanks for all your contributions to P/C, your are a shining star amongst all the petulant drama queens.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post
    I expected much much more.
    Hi

Do keep in mind this was when Palm had a budget of 15 cents! I think is amazing they were able to pump out a new Pre at all. After all, they were having such $ problems...if you don't like this one, just wait to see what Palm says at CES.

From what I have read, I expect, they solved the quality problem, the USB door problem as well as seriously cut the power needs. At lease try it before carrying on about it!

However, People Please, Please stop complaining. There are many of us who are sick of it!

Please read the following:

http://forums.precentral.net/future-...d-grow-up.html

There are far to many people saying, "I'm not impressed" or "if it doesn't have _________ (fill in the blank) or do ________ (fill in the blank), then I am buying another smartphone.

Please do buy another smart phone & pleases let the rest of us enjoy this site. I am on this site, b/c I want to STAY WITH PALM not because I want to complain and ruin it for others or do seriously more damage to Palm.

I would think many will do what I am doing, waiting for CES. (Mind you I still have a Centro and my 2 year contract ends in 2 days)! I never got to use a Pre.

They already admitted to the PalmPad and a slab phone. My guess is that they will be high end in terms of processors and computing power. I also feel they will be loaded with a great deal of native apps, this as a way of boosting the app totals.

I also feel that there will be a keyboarded smart phone in the high end. More than likely having the same "under the hood" design as the slab phone.

While the Iphone doesn't have a keyboard, many of the 'droid' ones do. Now that Palm's money problems are over, I expect them to have a keyboarded and a non keyboarded smartphone at all price points!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Has there been any information about the Pre2's camera?
    Really hope this gives verizon a reason to show webOS some love, and stop treating it like the red headed step child.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    Really hope this gives verizon a reason to show webOS some love, and stop treating it like the red headed step child.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre Plus

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    will be nice if it comes with a second camera. anyways, the way i see it, this palm pre 2 will be free after a month/w 2 yr contract of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by nbmatt View Post
    If that's not sarcasm I don't know what is... :S

I'm sorry?
    Hi, It wasn't sarcasm....it was a comliment.....in many threads people get so technical, that it is all above my head. What you mentioned was over my head, but you explained it so well and "dumbed" it down enough that I full understood. Not only did I fully understood, but you made me feel as if I understood the topic all along.

One of my dearest friends was a chemical engineer, (she was killed by a drunk boater, who only got 4 years). She was turning coal into a liquid fuel similar to diesel, but she was trying to design the fuel to be far less polluting that gas, diesel or coal.

When proof read her dissertation 30 years ago, she made me feel as if I was the one getting the PhD. She was brilliant, but never made me feel less intelligent that she was.

Your explanation was much the same.

I truly do mean THANK YOU!

Take care,

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by 91_z28_4me View Post
    Has there been any information about the Pre2's camera?
    Its a 5MP camera.