Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Reports show that Verizon will have this by November.
    Yeah, I've heard 1st week in Nov, but not sure that'll pan out. In any event, time is ticking away for Palm...
    Does Europe have a different style keyboard because the leaked pics of the Pre 2 have it displaying a letter-shifted keyboard that is not Qwerty.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Does Europe have a different style keyboard because the leaked pics of the Pre 2 have it displaying a letter-shifted keyboard that is not Qwerty.
    It's the French AZERTY layout.
    Which report?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Which report?
    They will have the Droid Pro by Nov...not the Pre 2.
    wouldnt be surprised if this is announced on Sprint on the 21 for a Nov. 15 release.

AM suprpised it's called a Pre 2 and not a Pre HD or something
    theres no report for Verizon stating so, if there was the media would be all over it like it the Pre 2 in french is. So as I stated until some CONFERMED news this is even coming, or any other version coming to the states before 2011, this phone means nothing for the US.
    Reports? Got a link?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by DiNovi View Post
    wouldnt be surprised if this is announced on Sprint on the 21 for a Nov. 15 release.

AM suprpised it's called a Pre 2 and not a Pre HD or something
    Why HD?

There's nothing HD about the Pre 2. It's just a refresh of the Pre, same resolution.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    So Engadget is having their social event on October 21st, which is sponsored by Sprint. Palm is listed as one of the companies in attendance.......Any chance of some good news happening that evening?
    Quote Originally Posted by spreme View Post
    So Engadget is having their social event on October 21st, which is sponsored by Sprint. Palm is listed as one of the companies in attendance.......Any chance of some good news happening that evening?
    I doubt it unless something is announced before the 21st, in which case the new hardware will be present.
    Quote Originally Posted by spreme View Post
    A lot of Engadget stuff is sponsored by Sprint (the Engadget Show, for example). I think it would be awesome if Palm used Engadget to launch a product... I know Josh Topolsky (the Editor in Chief) was one of the first and biggest proponents of the Pre/webOS, so it's not a completely absurd idea.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    If this comes to the US in November, my plan is to hold off until I see what new phones will undoubtedly be announced at CES. I still love my Pre- and would even like to keep the form factor. So if there isn't anything that I'm interested in coming out by next spring, and I can get the Pre 2 for $100 or less, then I'd be happy with that.
    I wish we could get the rest of the info on this phone I'm really anxious to kno exactly what's been done hardware wise.. Camera,slider,keyboard,glass screen? & if the speaker and headphone jack problems hav been fixed hopefully well hear something soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Why HD?

There's nothing HD about the Pre 2. It's just a refresh of the Pre, same resolution.
    That'sspeculation based on a blurry camera shot. No solid stats on that have been otued yet
    really if this refresh is for the states not many will buy it, just due to 2 of the main complaints (screen size, resolution) not being assesed. Hence if this is just the roadrunner, and a HD version does exist then we might see it with a carrier in the states this fall. If not I dont think HP would release this refresh this fall, though I think the ladder, because Im sure if webos 2.0 is coming this fall I'm pretty sure they want a device more then capable running on it IMO.
    I know I'm probably being really stupid here, but - 512MB RAM?? Doesn't the Pre have 8GB? and the Pre Plus 16GB? In what way is this an advance?
    Quote Originally Posted by scstock View Post
    I know I'm probably being really stupid here, but - 512MB RAM?? Doesn't the Pre have 8GB? and the Pre Plus 16GB? In what way is this an advance?
    never a stupid question, the sprint pre has 8gigs of internal storage and 256MB of ram, the plus models have 16gigs of internal storage and 512MB of ram. Get it, the 8 gigs your refering to is for storage for applications and games, which no one yet knows what this new model will carry.
    I missed any info about Pre 2 having HD 720p video recording, as this blogger states as fact Palm Pre 2 will have HD video recording - Los Angeles Gadgets | Examiner.com

Anyone else see this info?
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    So that dude is under the impression that the Pre 2 won't be out until January.

Hmm.

--Matt