Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Nosir, I don't agree at all. In the US, people that are iPhans seem to be Apple fans. People in Europe that buy Nokia seem to do so because they offer so many different phones, and because of the varied price points. In short, they're buying product there. Here, they're buying a name.
    Nokia has the mindshare in Europe just like Apple has the mindshare in the U.S. Not really much of a difference with the only difference being Nokia is mobile only while Apple has a variety of products to maintain their ecosystem.
    I wished to see specs/changes like:

-3.3ish diagonal screen.
    -900x600 res or so (higher than pre for sure)
    -Front Camera (could be .3mp for all i care)
    -5mp rear cam w/ auto-focus and flash
    -Digital Compass
    -1Ghz ARM A8 based SoC
    -512MB ram
    -Glass Screen
    -Metal or rubberized body
    -USB slider door to keep pocket fuzz out
    -720p Video recording
    -32GB storage or MicroSD slot

And of course all the current features carried over. This wouldn't change the form factor much at all.

This is not much to ask for from a phone being released after phones that have specs like these already (they just lack webOS).
    Sprint Pre - Starfighter Kernel
    I wonder if the 3.5 mm jack has been fixed... All the pres I've had have the same ol stuck in headset mode.. Thing and my speakers always pop so leaves you with out a phone for a while... Those are 2 things I hope are fixed speaker., headphone jack,
    Listen to you guys.....You people are in total denial
    By saying that this phone will probably not make it to the US.

I am pretty sure this is going to be the palm pre 2 and will be in the US. I have no info to back that up but I remember when they leaked the iphone 4 and read the same thing. Then 1.5 months later it comes out.

Also, this is a forum and you have to understand that everyone can write their opinion on the phone.

I am very happy with WebOS but Palm needed redesigned hardware from the ground up for the Palm Pre 2. The Palm Pre has left a bad taste with people from its hardware standpoint and it's going to be tuff to sell this new phone.
    While not exactly what I was looking for, I'm sure this phone is nothing more than a refresh in the interim of the devices we've all heard rumors about; I'll hold my breath until CES 2011.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Retzius View Post

I am pretty sure this is going to be the palm pre 2 and will be in the US. I have no info to back that up but I remember when they leaked the iphone 4 and read the same thing. Then 1.5 months later it comes out.

Also, this is a forum and you have to understand that everyone can write their opinion on the phone.

I am very happy with WebOS but Palm needed redesigned hardware from the ground up for the Palm Pre 2. The Palm Pre has left a bad taste with people from its hardware standpoint and it's going to be tuff to sell this new phone.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    if you look close you can see mini hdmi port on the bottom in the mobifrance pics
    Quote Originally Posted by drexaljim View Post
    if you look close you can see mini hdmi port on the bottom in the mobifrance pics
    If you zoom in on a couple of the pics showing the bottom edge of the bottom half, there does appear to be something there...
    I see pandas.
    ^^ battery door button.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    ^^ battery door button.
    heh, yeah, now that I look at my Pre, it probably is.

Well, here's to hoping it's a hdmi there or somewhere else. =P

But, that will prob be on the Palm Post.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    Looks like an anodized aluminum frame to me.
    What? How do you think it looks like that?

Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I was just thinking about what an accomplishment that is. They somehow made it look older and cheaper than the original Pre.

That keyboard is just embarrassing compared to the Torch and the Droid Pro.
    I don't like the Torch keyboard and how the heck do you know what the Droid Pro keyboard is like? Every time I use my wife's Blackberry 9700 I consciously think about how I hate the keyboard and how it feels like I am slipping off the keys.

Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    No, but I have a lot of experience using the keyboard on the Pre and it's hard to imagine anything coming out in 2010 that doesn't have a better keyboard than that...other than the Pre 2, of course.
    Yeah if all you have is your imagination to compare to then reserve your comments until you have experience to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    I think it's generally a bad sign that on a prefocused site you have so much genuine dislike or apathy about the device. If that is any indication this device may struggle.
    Its tough love. I personally like the Pre2. What others here need to do is realize what it is, just a refresh like the Droid 2.

Quote Originally Posted by gilbertg4x4 View Post
    I wonder if they did anything with the slider....
    Hope so. I am just glad I am right handed because my slider doesn't like to open easily with my left thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    dunno if anyone brought this up but frontal camera? todays leaked pics didnt look like it
    I recommend reading a bit before just jumping in and posting.

Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    It looks to me like the screen in the pics is 2-3 mm wider than my Pre, if the vertical dimension is the same. Also the quick launch bar disappears`when you open the launcher.
    Its possible. I thought the Galaxy phones all had the same screen, until I put them all side by side.

Wow, very disappointing upgraded specs. Not even close to whats in the market right now with iphone and android. I guess I should have shelled out the cash for the evo instead of the "wait and see approach".

I am really disappointed they kept the same design, was hoping for a bigger screen, better hardware, but I was also skeptical about all that.

I think the death of the palm pre device is imminent

Now I have to go reflect on my palm pre and start looking at the evo.
    Not even close to what's on the market? Excuse me but the 1GHz has the highest clock speed currently available and has better graphics processing than the 1GHz Snapdragon. But hey, enjoy your Evo.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Well the Pixi's screen is plastic and that design looks like a carryover from that...
    I certainly hope Palm chose to use glass. Even better, I hope they chose smudge resistant and ultra durable gorilla glass.

Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post
    For everyone complaining about the complainers and whiners. The major consensus outside of precentral is that its a complete fail. Not too many good comments out there.

I truly believe this is not coming to the us and for outside the us it may not be bad idea. Seems like a pre merger device. HP must have changed the roadmap for the us.
    Its coming to the US. The UNA version has already been seen undergoing testing.

Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I hope HP gets ahead of this in some way soon. The only thing worse than their radio silence thus far is having it broken by a barely-changed underwhelming followup that may not even be meant to play that role.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34608 View Post
    You can't honestly say that this is going to sell well.
    It can sell well if HP puts their muscle ($) behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by zefyx View Post
    While not exactly what I was looking for, I'm sure this phone is nothing more than a refresh in the interim of the devices we've all heard rumors about; I'll hold my breath until CES 2011.
    As a Pre+ owner, I will pass on this device, unless battery life proves to be phenomenal, although I really like it.
    Well, I was hoping this peak at the Pre 2 would lead to some concrete information about a new Pre device for the United States to be released in the coming weeks. With every passing day, it's looking like I might take my free trade and go with the Droid Pro when it's released on VZ and ride that until my upgrade is due in 12/11. The sad things is, my expectations aren't even that high...certainly not like most on here. I don't give a rip about processor, front-facing camera, HDMI port, SIM card slot, etc. I just want SOMETHING (ANYTHING) new that has functional GPS and better quality hardware (ie no headset mode issues) so I can get a new Palm device with my free trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Well, I was hoping this peak at the Pre 2 would lead to some concrete information about a new Pre device for the United States to be released in the coming weeks. With every passing day, it's looking like I might take my free trade and go with the Droid Pro when it's released on VZ and ride that until my upgrade is due in 12/11. The sad things is, my expectations aren't even that high...certainly not like most on here. I don't give a rip about processor, front-facing camera, HDMI port, SIM card slot, etc. I just want SOMETHING (ANYTHING) new that has functional GPS and better quality hardware (ie no headset mode issues) so I can get a new Palm device with my free trade.
    Reports show that Verizon will have this by November.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    ... I just want SOMETHING (ANYTHING) new that has functional GPS and better quality hardware (ie no headset mode issues) so I can get a new Palm device with my free trade.
    This is a Verizon issue, if you want functional GPS switch to Sprint, mine works great.

I agree I would like to see better quality hardware as well. That being said, I have had very few issues with my Pre, I have had to get it replaced before, only because I damaged it. I am not sure what people do with their phones that they are having so many problems. We have 4 launch month pres in the family and mine is the only one that has been replaced, ever.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    This is a Verizon issue, if you want functional GPS switch to Sprint, mine works great.

I agree I would like to see better quality hardware as well. That being said, I have had very few issues with my Pre, I have had to get it replaced before, only because I damaged it. I am not sure what people do with their phones that they are having so many problems. We have 4 launch month pres in the family and mine is the only one that has been replaced, ever.
    True. I just have to believe that given all the furor over the GPS issue on Verizon that HP/Palm wouldn't release a device with them again w/o first ensuring that all the phone's functions would operate properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Nokia has the mindshare in Europe just like Apple has the mindshare in the U.S. Not really much of a difference with the only difference being Nokia is mobile only while Apple has a variety of products to maintain their ecosystem.
    Again, I disagree. When I've been to Europe, it's not "look at my Nokia phone" or "Look at my x-model phone", it's "this is what my phone does". Every iPhone owner I know of here refers to their phone by brand name. Not there. They like buy Nokia because the phones they like happen to be Nokia. In the US, people have front facing cameras because the phone they decided to buy happens to have it.

Most buyers in the US are not choosing Apple phones because of the features, they're choosing them because they are Apple phones. Most Nokia purchasers in Europe are choosing Nokia because Nokia happens to make a phone with the features they want. That's an easier barrier to break.
    i would hope the same, but that wouldn't stop Verizon from disabling it in a future update. I wish Verizon would just get over it and stop crippling devices all together, what is their deal? And they wonder why Apple doesn't want to come to Verizon.?

True. I just have to believe that given all the furor over the GPS issue on Verizon that HP/Palm wouldn't release a device with them again w/o first ensuring that all the phone's functions would operate properly.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    I'm hoping that this refresh it sold solely in Europe and not in the states. This seems more and more like the model that was to be released this past summer (prior to Palm being acquired).

Hopefully, the states will get the HD device that has been popping up in logs and has been rumored for some time now.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!

I think you're partially right, but missed the overall picture.

I believe this phone will come to the US. I also believe it will be a replacement for the Pre - in other words, carriers will stop selling the Pre, and sell this model instead. Your Pre breaks under warranty, you get this model instead.

I also believe we will see a different model with newer hardware that has a totally different name.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Htc hd7