Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    all i need for this pre "2" to have is a front facing camera. After using my brother's evo and the front camera for video chat in the car, if it doesn't have on ei will be so dissapointed. The 1ghz processor would be awesome and the 32gb memory. who even needs a microsd card slot then, right? If it has at least a 5mp camera that would be great. and the 512 ram would be nice too. i love the pre. its multitasking kicks apple, andriod, and any other ui's ****! i kinda hope it doesn't have 4G cause im not fond of that $10 charge, but I suppose i would if it did. If it doesn't have a front facing camera and a improved slider then I'm not upgrading. My pre is only 2 months old and it wobbles like theres no tomorrow ): but somehow i looked online and it said im alreayd eligibile to upgrade my phone with a discount...guess someone messes up somewhere? :P so excited for a new palm 2! I LOVE WebOs! It's beast!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    does anyone know if this would launch first on Sprint because on phonearena it's showing verizon ): They would launch with Sprint first cause they launched with them first for the pre, right? :/
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34608 View Post
    You can't honestly say that this is going to sell well.
    Personally, I can't say it will. But then, neither can I say it won't. See, few of us on here live in France!!!! We don't know the market there. Hell, those people eat snails, we have not idea what will sell!!
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    My question is, what makes anyone think this will sell well in Europe where the mobile market is even more competitive than here in the U.S.?
    Maybe because they're not all hung up on that iThingAMajiggy in Europe.
    An ecosystem, mindshare and momentum means everything and right now Apple and Google has all three. Just my take on things, hopefully I'm wrong.
    Momentum, Apple? Are you sure? Last I heard, Apple was giving up market share to Google.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Momentum, Apple? Are you sure? Last I heard, Apple was giving up market share to Google.
    In the US...

Still, this seems like a good device to start over, to test webos2 with a wider range of people (pixx,pre ans their pluses variants, plus the pre2) and getting it ready for prime time q1 2011 with a slab, a portrait slider and the pixi 2
    LOL

it is true.. obesity in the US of A is extremely high and is getting worse... check out:

Dying to Eat: A Graphical View of U.S. Obesity: Scientific American

Quote Originally Posted by rich_halvorson View Post
    It is kind of funny the amount of whining in here lately. I agree with others if you don't like the pre2 you have a few choices.
    1. Do something about it and get a different phone.
    2. Wait for a new device to be leaked or officially released (All we've seen so far are leaks)
    3. Whine that this phone is not good and people aren't leaking info on other devices we know are comming and continue to fill the forum with complaints related to leaked info.

Sure some people want a larger screen device. Sure it should come with higher resolution. Sure it should have a better camera. Sure ...

The fact is that this is not the end of the Roadmap. It may be the end of the premerger roadmap but there will be new devices. If you don't think so move on.

Also why shouldn't the US get this phone? Are we all so larger that we all have bigger pants that demand larger devices and fatter fingers that can't operate the keys/screen on a Pre? Maybe Europeans are just smaller and can operate the keys/screen? Maybe their thinner too and don't wear baggy clothing so they have less room for huge slabs?

/sarcasm

Personally I'll be happy if Sprint gets the Pre2 without 4G so I can have a great smart phone and save some money on contract.
    For those that don't want this you have options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    So how many people will be waiting to do a COM board swap with this device?
    I'm not sure that assumption is likely. They might use a newer radio board as well, who knows at the moment.
    so with the new palm phone running 2.0 and appears to be releasing soon(at least in france) can we expect to see the 2.0 update soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy2000 View Post
    so with the new palm phone running 2.0 and appears to be releasing soon(at least in france) can we expect to see the 2.0 update soon?
    That`s anyones guess.. no one knows

i`m sure the very second it is available we`ll all know
    Maybe because they're not all hung up on that iThingAMajiggy in Europe.
    In Europe, Nokia = Apple
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    In Europe, Nokia = Apple
    Would love to see an iNookie!!
    Quote Originally Posted by crg28 View Post
    Would love to see an iNookie!!
    sounds like a pr0n site.

i was wrong, it's not: INOOKIE.COM -- Where Great Monocles Go To Relax
    (don't worry, this is a pretty PG link)
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Well the Pixi's screen is plastic and that design looks like a carryover from that...
    Really, the pixi's screen is plastic? I think you just bursted my bubble
    Hell, those people eat snails, we have not idea what will sell!!
    ...and them are delicious...

--Sent from my Palm PrPrPr&#$275$; $using$ Tap@Talk for webOS
    Newness Developments apps:

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy2000 View Post
    Not if you have an AT&T Pixi.
    In Europe, Nokia = Apple
    Nosir, I don't agree at all. In the US, people that are iPhans seem to be Apple fans. People in Europe that buy Nokia seem to do so because they offer so many different phones, and because of the varied price points. In short, they're buying product there. Here, they're buying a name.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I was just thinking about what an accomplishment that is. They somehow made it look older and cheaper than the original Pre.

That keyboard is just embarrassing compared to the Torch and the Droid Pro.
    Keyboard is embarrassing? I looked at BB and Droids today at Verizon store. I LIKE my Pre keyboard and formfactor, compared to those. It is slim and fits in my pockets easily. I'd just like a little bigger/higher-res screen like my wife's Samsung (3.5" at most, if that, but is slightly bigger and a lot nicer to look at) and more storage space for music and medical texts.

As for specifications and front-facing cameras, whoo hoo.

I use my phone to talk to people on to get things done, not to make googly eyes. Yeah, it would be nice on occasion for the relatives out on the west coast, but not that big a deal. I think you'd have to have a really big screen (4" or Pad) to be able to have pic-in-pic to know what you were pointing the camera at anyway. So a small form-factor phone that I actually want to carry in my pocket wouldn't work well anyway for video calls.

But as a take-everywhere tool that works equally well at the bedside in the hospital or in my pants pocket while I play soccer with my kids, my Sprint Pre is excellent, and a Pre 2 (HD preferably!) will be even better. Now Sprint coverage - that is the reason I was at Verizon today asking about Pre 2's! (They had no idea, but were big Pre+ fans. Still the only phone with free Mobile HotSpot, and still ahead of the pack in OS, just not gadgetry).

Go Palm!
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Okay, I'm part French. Not French-Canadian, although I've spent time in Quebec.

So anyways, I have to say it makes sense to release the Palm 2 in France, because generally speaking, the French are kinaesthetic people.

By that I mean we are generally drawn to things that are elegantly manipulable with our hands. <insert your Frog joke here>

So seriously, it makes total sense that Palm would release the Palm 2 in France, seriously these are tactile and subtle people folks.

"I would love you almost as much as I love my Palm."

Which, aside from the obvious Frog connotations re: masturbation, could be an effective marketing slogan because of the obvious connotation kinaesthetically.

<Discuss, b***ches>.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    These people love subtle gestures folks.

I have to say getting a Palm Pre developed my "fine motor" skillz unimaginably.

I can now put any finger where it is required within 10 microns, seriously.

I'm pretty sure most women and men for that matter like that! x