Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Wow, very disappointing upgraded specs. Not even close to whats in the market right now with iphone and android. I guess I should have shelled out the cash for the evo instead of the "wait and see approach".

I am really disappointed they kept the same design, was hoping for a bigger screen, better hardware, but I was also skeptical about all that.

I think the death of the palm pre device is imminent

Now I have to go reflect on my palm pre and start looking at the evo.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    No, which is why I didn't say an unconfirmed, unannounced Pre 2 running whatever unconfirmed chip you want to put in it. I can only argue the performance of what we have, not the hypothetical scenario of what may be....
    If that's the case, should you even be contributing to a thread that is concerning "SFR outs the Palm Pre s: 1GHz processor 512MB RAM"?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Retzius View Post
    Wow, very disappointing upgraded specs. Not even close to whats in the market right now with iphone and android. I guess I should have shelled out the cash for the evo instead of the "wait and see approach".

I am really disappointed they kept the same design, was hoping for a bigger screen, better hardware, but I was also skeptical about all that.

Tell me what iPhone and Android device blow this refreshed Pre out of the water?
    These? http://www.pcworld.com/zoom?id=199729&page=1&zoomIdx=1
    Given what he know about this new device I'd say the specs are pretty darn close.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    heres another question we come to the understanding of calling this the pre 2 or ROADRUNNER. Now we heard they re were two version of the roadrunner, and the other coming in as a HD with a Retna like iphone display. Now could the US version be getting something, though identical but higher specs then the one we see on SFR website?
    Quote Originally Posted by Retzius View Post

I have an iPhone 4, and the only thing hardware wise I see better in the iPhone over the leaked pre2 is screen resolution and a front facing camera. Everything else that we know of seems on par. What we still don't know is data speeds (7.2 or 3.6?), batterylife, camera and on board storage. If your looking for a big screen device then get one of those devices that offer that, personally I prefer a smaller more normal sized phone.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Look at the pamphlets behind the phone... It says something about the 31st of October
    Good catch on the date on the pamphlet.

HOWEVER, this pamphlet is for some Contest that runs from September 17 to October 31, 2010.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I have an iPhone 4, and the only thing hardware wise I see better in the iPhone over the leaked pre2 is screen resolution and a front facing camera. Everything else that we know of seems on par. What we still don't know is data speeds (7.2 or 3.6?), batterylife, camera and on board storage. If your looking for a big screen device then get one of those devices that offer that, personally I prefer a smaller more normal sized phone.
    And, as stated many times previously on this topic, front facing cameras are not the "norm" yet. I have not done much research into the WP7, but none of their launch phones have a front facing camera.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Look at the pamphlets behind the phone... It says something about the 31st of October
    I thought I was onto something, too, but my excitement was blasted down in a fit of disappointment.

Palm Le Contest VIP
    I agree that the ring around the screen makes it look uglier than the pre plus, but it looks much more "functional". The screen (according to the article) is slightly bigger and it seems flatter around the keyboard which will hopefully make it easier to type on. That ring May also mean it a glass screen and therefore harder to scratch. Add on top the 1ghz processor and 512mb ram and webos 2.0 and this seems like one sweet phone. All that's missing is a higher res screen, but not all details have been leaked yet.
    Well the Pixi's screen is plastic and that design looks like a carryover from that...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Something just occured to me. While having a lower resolution is somewhat disappointing, that also mean the phone will run much faster since it's pushing less pixels. This phone should be lightning fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Well the Pixi's screen is plastic and that design looks like a carryover from that...
    That's true, I guess we'll just have to keep waiting, though it's fun speculating.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Actually, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the pace of app development has actually picked up.
    On this one, ya got me. AppBookShop.com has been on a tear lately. 12 new apps yesterday, alone!
    roadrunner hd could be the US version with the high resolution screen, 4g, and some other possible upgrades? maybe ? hopefully?
    Actually, the A4 in the iPhone is underclocked to offer some pretty awesome battery life for a device of that caliber pushing that many pixels.

Honestly, I don't think anyone is going to be comparing a tiny, half-the-resolution competitor against the iPhone 4. There really is no comparison.
    For everyone complaining about the complainers and whiners. The major consensus outside of precentral is that its a complete fail. Not too many good comments out there.

I truly believe this is not coming to the us and for outside the us it may not be bad idea. Seems like a pre merger device. HP must have changed the roadmap for the us.
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    roadrunner hd could be the US version with the high resolution screen, 4g, and some other possible upgrades? maybe ? hopefully?
    Has to be. If HP/Palm had a keynote at CES to announce this as the new flagship, it would be instant game over, IMHO.

Something else is coming to the US, at the very least. Just have to see what.
    me personally at this point Webos is still at a standstill, though no announcments yet. If this is what they plan to release for this fall to showcase webos 2.0 its risky, but if this is all that they could get out in this time frame then OK. To me I'll be waiting to see early next year of what the other new devices will be looking like, and the tablet. If they look, and perform like super devices, then I'll expect a comeback for Webos. For now though I agree with Mikah until they atleast showcase and release not only devices people want, but apply things to these devices that are of this age with WP7 now in place to make a surge it will be very hard for Webos to emerge.
    I hope HP gets ahead of this in some way soon. The only thing worse than their radio silence thus far is having it broken by a barely-changed underwhelming followup that may not even be meant to play that role.
    Question over at webosworld, they stated they 're may be a refreshed pixi as well. Also I wounder if the mansion will be released along side these refreshed devices this fall?
    If you asked any user in the mainstream marketplace about webOS they would give your a blank stare. That is why HP is planning on relaunching webOS with new devices and form-factors.

I agree with you that I don't think this device is coming to the USA.

I go with what works, and so far my Pre has worked just fine for me. As long as my phone is doing what I need it to do, I am happy. If it breaks or gets stolen or whatever then I would be foolish to not evaluate all the smartphone options I have to choose from. But for now I am happy and will see what the future brings.

The major consensus outside of precentral is that its a complete fail. Not too many good comments out there.
    Where are you getting this info from, what "outside" sources do you have??
    Last edited by Butters3605; 10/12/2010 at 03:06 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.