Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink View Post
    32 GB storage and more ROM? How about at least a microsd card slot?
    That would be the Piece de resistance for me!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Looks like the Palm Pre Plus on Verizon or is it different?
    Also, it looks like the entire phone now has the material of the Touchstone back. I like.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    That would be awesome! Wont have to worry about scratches so much.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I'm surprised. I didn't expect a spec bump. I thought it would be whole new phone or nothing at all.

I'm barely a year into contract with my Pre Plus. Nothing against this phone, but I wont be upgrading early for this. I would very much like a bigger screen.
    Nice find H-Cubed...thanks!
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I realize some people want a slab, but plenty of us really like the river stone. What is all this down talk about a spec bump? How eles am I meant to upgrade and keep the form factor I prefer? If you want a slab, hang tight, I'm sure that's on the way. But for the rest of us, this is exciting!
    Nice job finding it and being smart enough to get a jpeg of the image!

But really, besides some of us on this forum, is the general smartphone market going to be interested or impacted by this spec bump? I just don't see it, which makes me sad.

I want to be excited, but a warmed over Pre Plus is just lame in this day and age..let's be honest. What are they giving us besides Webos 2.0? 32 GB storage and more ROM? How about at least a microsd card slot? 1 Ghz processor? I have that now with my Uberkernel.

Wake up HPALM and don't wait for CES to give us some REALLY NEW hardware that will blow our minds with webOS 2.0!!
    Probably. Keep in mind the general public has no idea what differentiates phones.. they go by simply what looks best for them, how it feels, and what their friends have.

A solidly built pre 2 with the same form factor, with webos 2.0 and some solid marketing could quite possible pay off for Palm.

Do you honestly think average joe blow is going to care what speed the processor is? no absolutely not.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
    I'm surprised. I didn't expect a spec bump. I thought it would be whole new phone or nothing at all.

I'm barely a year into contract with my Pre Plus. Nothing against this phone, but I wont be upgrading early for this. I would very much like a bigger screen.
    I cant imagine any reason for any Pre + users to upgrade to this... Cool Palm is bring this out, but really from plus to 2... I cant see that happening...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    The only complaint I have with the origonal Pre is build quality. If they fixed that then I'm a happy camper. More RAM, faster processor, better battery life and webOS 2.0 just makes it all the more sweeter.

This will be a great starting point to build on for a new line of webOS hardware.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I can't wait for P|C to get their hands on a demo unit. I hope that the "flatter front" is glass and the body of the phone is of better quality materials.

I like the matte finish on the entire phone. Being a sprint user, I am glad to see any new hardware. This gives me hope for a super-device...

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Super Device FTW!!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    The only complaint I have with the origonal Pre is build quality. If they fixed that then I'm a happy camper. More RAM, faster processor, better battery life and webOS 2.0 just makes it all the more sweeter.

This will be a great starting point to build on for a new line of webOS hardware.
    I am curious to see if this device has any HP branding (phone/battery/cables/etc)

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.

Wake up HPALM and don't wait for CES to give us some REALLY NEW hardware that will blow our minds with webOS 2.0!!
    Actually, it might be a smarter move for Palm and HP to wait to CES to blow the minds of the market. Really, this holiday season was stolen by Windows Phone. Honestly, release this quality built lower end phone for beginners, and then announce and release the roadrunner HD or whatever it is called now at CES. They'll take the storm again at CES, the whole tech world will be watching and they'll be back in the spotlight.

Also have the tablet announced as well which everyone is waiting on to see what they've been brewing in the labs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post

Agree with this completely. By the way, does anyone else think that this is similar enough to the Pre Plus so that its launch partner in the US is most likely Sprint? Or is that simply wishful thinking for us launch day Sprint Pre owners?
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    finally grippy sides
    seems like their taking the blackberry approach to successors. Pre's will always look like Pre's. Pixi's will always look like Pixi's. Any new form factors will have their own line. There's a chance this won't fail as hard as the Pre. Solid marketing seems to be doin ok for the torch.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    So when do we get a front facing camera and compass? Like in another year? I might be defecting guys...
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Torch? You mean RIMs attempt to outdue Palm on their own design... lol I guess Torch is a great name for the phone after all!!! Hahaha
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    How is this new?
    My thoughts...I mean a pre plus owner whos overclocked..how much of a difference will there be?
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast