Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    Does It Come With A Flux Capacitor. Thats All Im Worried About!
    Don't forget the food processor!
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    well,considering my yr old sprint pre is in mint condition,i will enjoy same form factor with all the spec upgrades. What it boils down to for all people who are crying and complaing is screen size. I am glad this pre will be same size,,for me this is perfect. I held an evo last week for the first time and you could not pay me to have to carry that thing around all day. I will buy a palm pad when they come out. If for what ever reason I may need a huge screen when I am not home,ill throw that in the car. I need a smartphone,not a pocket theater.
    The more I look at the pic, the more it looks to me like they took the flat surface of the Pixi, and put it on the Pre. If so, that's a good thing to me. If it's glass, and doesn't break easily, maybe that's another plus for me. The bigger memory (I've got a Sprint Pre) and faster proc are definitely pluses. Can't tell from the pics what they did with the slider, but my guess is that's improved. Maybe they gave it the Pixi keyboard.

So, they took the Palm standalone era device that appears to have fixed the major issues that folks have complained about, and are releasing it before the promised new devices.

Yeah, I can see how folks here would be all up in arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Now I must say I don't like it. It's uglier than the original Pre.
    I was just thinking about what an accomplishment that is. They somehow made it look older and cheaper than the original Pre.

That keyboard is just embarrassing compared to the Torch and the Droid Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Agreed - even in a "line up" for army surplus, blank looks.
    Go to NYC. Nobody there stands "in line", they stand "on line".
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Pretty much all people have to be disappointed about is that its not a bigger screen with an onscreen keyboard. Am I right? People seem to want the Pre to be like iphones and droid phones.
    There's no reason that this phone cannot have an on-screen keyboard, factory equipped. It's going to have 2.0, and the hooks are there.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I was just thinking about what an accomplishment that is. They somehow made it look older and cheaper than the original Pre.

That keyboard is just embarrassing compared to the Torch and the Droid Pro.
    Ah, so you have a lot of experience using the keyboard of a phone that isn't out yet (Droid Pro)?
    Quote Originally Posted by nbmatt View Post
    Ah, so you have a lot of experience using the keyboard of a phone that isn't out yet (Droid Pro)?
    No, but I have a lot of experience using the keyboard on the Pre and it's hard to imagine anything coming out in 2010 that doesn't have a better keyboard than that...other than the Pre 2, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    It seems like that's been Palm's motto since the Pre was first announced -- "just keep waiting!" Waiting for WebOS 1.3. Waiting for the PDK...
    Nope. That's been the motto of the whiners. Some of us have been happily using our devices without "waiting" for anything.
    Wow...palm finally caught up to the competition...except they are 6 months late.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy
    It seems like that's been Palm's motto since the Pre was first announced -- "just keep waiting!" Waiting for WebOS 1.3. Waiting for the PDK..
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Nope. That's been the motto of the whiners. Some of us have been happily using our devices without "waiting" for anything.
    everyone like to whine around here, look how long it took to SMS/MMS on the iphone

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    i'l take one. pls be on o2 germany first ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by howemi01 View Post
    Is it safe to assume from this information that the device will definitely not have 4g? Or is that still a possibility for the US version..
    No, it's not safe to assume that. The version you are seeing is for a carrier that doesn't offer 4g. Why would they advertise a 4g phone?
    I think it's generally a bad sign that on a prefocused site you have so much genuine dislike or apathy about the device. If that is any indication this device may struggle.
    I wonder if they did anything with the slider....
    dunno if anyone brought this up but frontal camera? todays leaked pics didnt look like it
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    dunno if anyone brought this up but frontal camera? todays leaked pics didnt look like it
    I am not sure if the chipset is even capable, but you probably wouldn't want to do too much video chatting on a 3-inch 480x320 screen.
    It looks to me like the screen in the pics is 2-3 mm wider than my Pre, if the vertical dimension is the same. Also the quick launch bar disappears`when you open the launcher.
    I guess the question is if stated that the screen is larger is it significant? Though I have no problem with this design, but they need a bit larger screen, something around of atleast 3.5 inches. As stated hopefully they release specs about screen size, resolution, and US carrier or carriers launch. As stated if they plan on producing more form factors, then I don't think theirs any problem still producing the Pre type form factor. Though I do think if the specs for the US launch (if this year) included with what we know, don't state a larger screen, higher resolution, and the things fixed like faster boot times, battery life, and lag issues are not gone they will be hurting themselves even more. HP and Palm as I stated need to release a slab phone ASAP, regardless if this is something they want to do or not, this is what people want so they need to do it, to get more people interested in the OS. Im still waiting for an annoucement...........
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Look at the pamphlets behind the phone... It says something about the 31st of October
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    First, I'm not sure if you have noticed, but app momentum is at a crawl. That's really the only "dev" metric that matters. We're at less than 5,000 apps after almost 17 months on the market. Windows Phone 7 is launching with big name apps we're still missing. By 17 months after launch, Android was at 30,000 apps, and this was in the midst of multiple OS versions and fragmentation.
    Actually, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the pace of app development has actually picked up.