Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 584
  1. #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Well, on the 3g (skipped the 3GS) I still had to zoom in on text or switch to landscape mode to read text on websites (when I say zoom in I mean double tapping the text field so it takes up the whole screen). The pre screen is clearer than the 3g's, but I still have to do the same zooming in. On the iPhone 4 I can easily read the text on a webpage without zooming in at all.
    Ok that makes sense then, considering all the iPhones before the 4 had the same resolution as the Pre
  2. #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    No joke. If you want a slab style phone or even a bigger screen, keep moving. This thread does not concern you.
    Personally, I Love The Form Factor Of The Pre. I Don't Need An Evo Sized Phone. Thats No Longer A Phone, Its More Like A Mini Tab. Just Keep Tweakin The Pre Like The Always Did With The Treo's, Change A Few Things Here And There And Buff Up The Internals.


    My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

    Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
  3. vladi's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by nicekyo View Post
    Calm down people, so hard to please precentral readers, I guess we are just impossible to please. First, people were unhappy with no new product(s) announcements, no that there is a product (pending), people are complaining it's not good enough of an upgrade. HP has said many times that there will be phones, slates, printers, laptops, netbooks, and toasters coming out 1H of 2011. This is a minor upgrade, or a mid season refresh if you will, to keep palm phones in stores Come CES 2011, Palm, as a brand, will be completely absorbed into the personal computing group, all the phones will be branded HP. WebOS is already integrated, according to their marketing material. This will be HPalm's kick off party!
    You sure about that?
    It would make sense in some countries where Palm is nonexistent but not in US or Western Europe.
  4. #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    Personally, I Love The Form Factor Of The Pre. I Don't Need An Evo Sized Phone. Thats No Longer A Phone, Its More Like A Mini Tab. Just Keep Tweakin The Pre Like The Always Did With The Treo's, Change A Few Things Here And There And Buff Up The Internals.
    While I agree with you on form factor preference (I pick vertical slider over horizontal or slab style), I do want HP Palm to come out with the other form factors that people are asking for.
  5. #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    should I just put it in my head i won't see announcement till CES and won't see a new phone in mid of next year?

    (barring any crazy amazing holiday release of new handsets minus Pre2)
    Palm/HP have missed this holiday shopping season. So they will announce in January new handsets after the holiday shopping season.. So realistically when will we see said devices? 3-6 months after CES? So lets say a summer launch (iPhone4 craze is over with on verizon) iPhone4 will be on verizon in Q1 2011. So there goes that buzz zone..

    I don't know.... i think middle of summer next year
    The iPhone is not going to be on Verizon. If the CDMA iPhone that is reportedly being manufactured even comes to the US, I'm willing to bet it will be for Sprint. Even then a CDMA version of the iPhone could be meant for China or Japan.

    Verizon has burned those bridges by releasing their Android phones in the way they did.
  6. #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    While I agree with you on form factor preference (I pick vertical slider over horizontal or slab style), I do want HP Palm to come out with the other form factors that people are asking for.
    Of course, I want them to have multiple forms also. There's people out there with different tastes. And I want to see webOS blow up and be in the hands of all kinds of people, and in all kinds of form factors.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/12/2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Ahhhh...that's better :-)


    My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

    Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
  7. #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I second the no expansion slot and identical resolution predictions.
    I third it, except I write it in stone.
  8. #328  
    As an AT&T customer, I love my simultaneous voice and data. And I love to stick that in the face of CDMA phone snobs. But for the sale of Palm, I hope they are also working on VZW's new voice and data at the same time technology. And to take that even further, even if they don't launch on TMobile, they should make an unlocked phone that uses their HSPA+ properly. Or at least let the AT&T version have that baked in.
  9. #329  
    LoL @ Editing my last post.


    My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

    Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
  10. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    Here's a rough translation from Google. It mentions a flatter screen.[/I]
    What is a flatter screen? Does that deal w/the material of the screen? If it is the shape, mine seems flat now. Is it the translation? Apologize for my ignorance, but I don't really understand this. Thanks.
  11. #331  
    I was hoping hp/palm to come out and say something about this.... No word yet :/ a confirmation or sumthin...
  12. #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    As an AT&T customer, I love my simultaneous voice and data. And I love to stick that in the face of CDMA phone snobs. But for the sale of Palm, I hope they are also working on VZW's new voice and data at the same time technology. And to take that even further, even if they don't launch on TMobile, they should make an unlocked phone that uses their HSPA+ properly. Or at least let the AT&T version have that baked in.
    sprint now offers support for simultaneous support for voice and data... running on their 4G service of course but they still have that capability, and I do believe every cdma phone will have that capability when 4G is rolled out whether its LTE or Wimax
  13. #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    What is a flatter screen? Does that deal w/the material of the screen? If it is the shape, mine seems flat now. Is it the translation? Apologize for my ignorance, but I don't really understand this. Thanks.
    +1, haha

    I checked mine out with a level the other day just to see and it's doggone flat.
  14. #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    ...
    It's official: Palm will launch its new SFR with Pre, Pre 2! This new mobile keeps the same overall design as the Palm Lawn, with the exception of its flatter screen and more refined design.
    ...
    I'm totally torqued. I never even saw the Palm Lawn when it came out, and now they've already replaced it!
  15. #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    sprint now offers support for simultaneous support for voice and data... running on their 4G service of course but they still have that capability, and I do believe every cdma phone will have that capability when 4G is rolled out whether its LTE or Wimax
    Thats almost like saying you can talk on the phone while being on WiFi. 4G coverage is gonna have to be a whole lot better before that can be depended on. What I was referring to about CDMA being able to do voice and data is not 4G. It is VoRA. It is a technique of putting calls on EVDO alongside data to allow it to be simultaneous. I don't understand it all but you can read about it here.

    Verizon Preparing to Offer Simultaneous Voice and Data | webOSroundup


    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    +1, haha

    I checked mine out with a level the other day just to see and it's doggone flat.
    The plastic screen has a surface that is ever so slightly....curved.

    At any rate I would love to have a glass screen if only to not have my invisible shield cover the sides making the top slider noticeably thicker.
  16. #336  
    Am I the only one that keeps checking the precentral front page every half hour or so and hitting refresh hoping for some sort of announcement from palm/hp about the pre 2?
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  17. #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Am I the only one that keeps checking the precentral front page every half hour or so and hitting refresh hoping for some sort of announcement from palm/hp about the pre 2?
    Just get the Precentral (Unofficial App). Much quicker.

    Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
  18. #338  
    First off there are a lot of things we don't know.

    We don't know all of the enhancements that WebOS 2.0 has.
    We don't know about any other phones Palm plans to release.
    We don't even know if they're going to release the Palm 2.

    We DO know that they are working on many phones with different form factors.
    We DO know that they are working on WebOS 2.0 and it will be released this year.
    We DO know that they are working on new phones with competitive hardware.

    Personally, I want a Pre 2, and I'm really excited about it, but I'm desperate for any improvement to my phone. If they release a Pre 2 here in Canada in Nov, and then a much better phone in Feb, I will be a little ticked off.
  19. #339  
    There is too much evidence of a Pre2 for them not to release it.
  20. #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    What is a flatter screen? Does that deal w/the material of the screen? If it is the shape, mine seems flat now. Is it the translation? Apologize for my ignorance, but I don't really understand this. Thanks.
    It looks like the screen has taken a design note from the Pixi, so it's entirely flat with a matte finish ring around it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here

Posting Permissions