Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 584
  1. #301  
    would a higher res screen really make a difference with a screen of this size?
    Last edited by vasekvi; 10/12/2010 at 07:44 AM. Reason: 3000 autoreplace words patch a bit overeager
  2. #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Ok, so this unavailable yet OS is better than the unavailable webOS 2.0 in responsiveness...
    I've seen the hands-ons and actually seen one with a beta build in person for a few minutes. It is quicker in exactly the aspects I described from what I have seen.

    And this includes themes, backgrounds and thousands of opensource clones of apps with few differences... really a big deal.
    Really? That's how I would describe Spotify, Google Nav, Rhapsody, Sirius/XM, Kindle, PayPal, Shazam, Flash, FruitNinja, and so on and so on.

    Not a big deal. Hope they never come here and spam up our high quality App Catalog. You know, the one where 20 percent of the meager 4K apps we have are books?
  3. #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    If the pre2 has an omap3630/3640 it will out perform a 1Ghz pre+ no doubt!

    Too bad you didn't read the post you were replying to, cobrakon specifically stated 'the pre2' not a pre.
    If any of this comes to fruition as you think it will, you mean. You are actually criticizing me for supposedly underrating the performance of an imaginary object. Think about that.
  4. #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post

    I said a "1ghz Pre with the current WebOS."
    The SFR site CLEARLY states that the Pre2 will HAVE weoOS 2.0. So since the NEW Pre2 with the NEW (on par with everything) CPU and webOS 2.0 will launch TOGETHER...I feel you're wrong.
  5. #305  
    Knock it off boys!

    I SAID...knock it off!

    Thank you

    <<Posts deleted>>
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/12/2010 at 08:10 AM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  6. bdog421's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Knock it off boys!

    I SAID...knock it off!

    Thank you
    Sorry BOSS, just a little early morn'in fun
  7. #307  
    I don't give a rip. The Pre 2 may not have EVERY single upgrade that everyone wants, but whatever it is, it'll have more than the Pre/Plus. If HP/Palm made a phone with every upgrade suggested in this forum, the result would be a phone the size of a large person's face. Is this what you guys want?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8. #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I've seen the hands-ons and actually seen one with a beta build in person for a few minutes. It is quicker in exactly the aspects I described from what I have seen.
    So you've seend both OS? You're really lucky...


    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Really? That's how I would describe Spotify, Google Nav, Rhapsody, Sirius/XM, Kindle, PayPal, Shazam, Flash, FruitNinja, and so on and so on.

    Not a big deal. Hope they never come here and spam up our high quality App Catalog. You know, the one where 20 percent of the meager 4K apps we have are books?
    Bah, that's not an argument, and you know it. That are 9 apps from the total...

    There are more than 9900 themes and background images apps in the Android Market.
    Newness Developments apps:

  9. #309  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    would a higher res screen really make a difference with a screen of this size?
    Yes! You have no idea how much easier it is to read text on my iPhone over the pre, and it not because of screen size.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  10. #310  
    Knowing the phones a similiar design, and from what I read online if I recall, it will use the same battery/back as the Pre does. I hope this means I can just swap over my modified seidio extended battery w/ the touchstone mod! If the battery is that much better than the old pre, the seidio extended should last a few days with regular use I'd hope.

    What are the chances of a micro sd slot? I havent seen that mentioned yet? I seen something say it looked like the charging door was missing...if it were missing, perhaps they moved it to the bottom so it can be docked, but doubtful.
  11. #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Knowing the phones a similiar design, and from what I read online if I recall, it will use the same battery/back as the Pre does. I hope this means I can just swap over my modified seidio extended battery w/ the touchstone mod! If the battery is that much better than the old pre, the seidio extended should last a few days with regular use I'd hope.

    What are the chances of a micro sd slot? I havent seen that mentioned yet? I seen something say it looked like the charging door was missing...if it were missing, perhaps they moved it to the bottom so it can be docked, but doubtful.

    Don't expect any expansion slots in this hardware.

    Quote Originally Posted by evilkaneevel View Post
    I would argue that it had WAAAY more to do with screen size than resolution.
    Well he has both phones so I would trust that there is a difference. I am sure that the Pre2 will still be the same resolution.
  12. #312  
    I second the no expansion slot and identical resolution predictions.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  13. #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilkaneevel View Post
    I would argue that it had WAAAY more to do with screen size than resolution.
    No, in fact the text is smaller on the iPhone, I don't zoom in on websites, than when I use the pre. I think having a higher resolution might be even more important for palm if they want to keep the same screen size. It really makes a big difference.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  14. #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    No, in fact the text is smaller on the iPhone, I don't zoom in on websites, than when I use the pre. I think having a higher resolution might be even more important for palm if they want to keep the same screen size. It really makes a big difference.
    So how would you compare the screens of the 3GS vs the Pre?
  15. #315  
    should I just put it in my head i won't see announcement till CES and won't see a new phone in mid of next year?

    (barring any crazy amazing holiday release of new handsets minus Pre2)
    Palm/HP have missed this holiday shopping season. So they will announce in January new handsets after the holiday shopping season.. So realistically when will we see said devices? 3-6 months after CES? So lets say a summer launch (iPhone4 craze is over with on verizon) iPhone4 will be on verizon in Q1 2011. So there goes that buzz zone..

    I don't know.... i think middle of summer next year
  16. #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Do you honestly think average joe blow is going to care what speed the processor is? no absolutely not.
    Average Joe doesn't care how fast the processor is, but does care if his phone is laggy.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  17. #317  
    I don't think HP / Palm can really afford to play the timing game vs the iPhone. Just release what you have ready if it is ready, not before it is ready. Proper marketing is where they can get this phone sold.
  18. #318  
    There Were A Few People Here That Claimed They Wanted Different Form Factors And "Options." And The Pre 2 Is An Option, So Whats The Problem? If You Dont Like This One, Just Wait Til They Announce The Next Phone.


    My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

    Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
  19. #319  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    So how would you compare the screens of the 3GS vs the Pre?
    Well, on the 3g (skipped the 3GS) I still had to zoom in on text or switch to landscape mode to read text on websites (when I say zoom in I mean double tapping the text field so it takes up the whole screen). The pre screen is clearer than the 3g's, but I still have to do the same zooming in. On the iPhone 4 I can easily read the text on a webpage without zooming in at all.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  20. #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    There Were A Few People Here That Claimed They Wanted Different Form Factors And "Options." And The Pre 2 Is An Option, So Whats The Problem? If You Dont Like This One, Just Wait Til They Announce The Next Phone.
    No joke. If you want a slab style phone or even a bigger screen, keep moving. This thread does not concern you.

Posting Permissions