10/12/2010, 07:23 AM
This post has caused a TMT (Too Many Times) error on my mind...
Originally Posted by mikah912
People tends to combine hardware and OS complains (absolutely legit) with 3rd party software complains (not legit). I'll try to answer you:
No front facing camera
no dual core
same sized screen
same sized keyboard
same sized battery
no hdmi port
no improved camera
True, it hasn't (or this seems) front facing camera.
About 4G, you don't know if the CDMA version will be 4G (we only know about the GSM version), althought every rummour out there tells us that will be... but it's better to take the negative point always.
512 Mb RAM, anyone knows the RAM ammount of the yesterday announced WP7 superphones?
No dualcore: where are the dualcore phones?
Same sized screen and same sized keyboard, and that's bad because... ??
same sized battery, if the phone is almost equal in sizes, the battery must be exactly the same.
No HDMI port... and where you put it in a 3.1 inch device?
No improved camera, as you can see in the specs that Palm hasn't announced yet...
Palm is going to release a Pre's substitute, and as a Pre's substitute, it has to be an evolution of the Pre, not a completely different phone. If you want a 4" device, obviously Palm isn't talking to you with this phone, but hey, don't forbid to others to have an a update of a phone that they like as it is. We tend to think always based on our preferences, but we should stop a bit before complaining, and ask us if our preferences are the entire world preferences.
Again, mixing Palm's responsability with 3rd party responsabilities:
- No Flash: I don't know what's the reason of this, and I don't know if Palm has decided to not release it waiting for a webOS 2 announcement, but the fact is that there isn't flash, and people has complained about this since 2005 at least on every platform. Just a few weeks ago, flash has been released on Android, and it's performance has been proved that is far away from being a deal breaker. I don't care waiting, or not.
- No Sirius/XM, Netflix: This is not the place for complainind about this. They're private companies that decide what to support, and the more people is complaining here the more futile is and the more boring and uninterested in your position the people gets. If you want complain, complain to Sirius, Netflix and others, that's the place to do it! Ask for your rights, move! Why not get all the Netfilx webOS users joined and try force Netflix to do the webOS app? Not, it's better to come here and complain on each post about it's absence, as if everyone here or Palm were guilty of it. I think there isn't technical reasons to no do it on webOS better and faster than other platforms.
- No voice functionality: they're aware, they have said. That means they're working on it, but obviously they can't say this explicitly. Believe it or not, webOS it's a truly revolutionary OS that rethinks the entire meaning of OS. And that means some pros and some cons. Sometimes, the designer team needs to take wrong design decissions because technology available isn't ready yet. That's the reason because webOS 1.x uses Java, and webOS 2.x will use NodeJS. The same happens with voice support, I think.
- No Shazaam: Without voice support, it's impossible to get this app. In the future, with voice support, if Shazaam doesn't releases it, what are you going to do? Come here to complain to Palm because others don't do it? If your neighbor does not care for your his yard, your street looks worse, but it's not your fault, right?
- No developer momentum at all, really. And that's Palm's fault because...?
- No guarantees of WebOS 2.0 fixing a lot of the issues people have with WebOS 1.01 - 184.108.40.206: And also no guarantees of webOS 10.0 fixing any future issues also...