Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yaggermr View Post
    This phone might be great but I think unless it's a free or at low price on contract it won't sell well. Most people have no idea about operating systems and this form factor will not have mass appeal. I know people in the community don't want to believe it but web os is not a selling point. Palm needs to shock people with the hardware and then introduce them to the best mobile os. Web Os is the best but with hardware releases like this it might not survive the android, windows7, Verizon iphone and blackberry onslaught. This is just my speculation and I hope web os makes it to the masses but right now I'm not feeling it.
    I agree with you 100, and to me even continuing this design is fine, but yes HP and Palm need to showcase (even if they dont agree completly) a slab design approaching 4 inchs, and or a landscape design with a large screen (ala HTC7). I'm thinking this is the only phone they may have had ready, as apposed to just waiting until next year, they intend on releases something new to showcase webos 2.0 to get people familar and exited about Webos again. Hopefull though, even if they do that the verison for the US has a larger screen, and more bells and whistles on it.
    I am going to reserve my opinion on this until I know more about the phone (full specs, price point, carriers, etc.), but I hope they come in with a good, not too expensive price point.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Pre Plus was Pre 1.5. The specs make this a Pre 2 but the lack of any significant changes to screen size and design, make it a 1.75 in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    IDK, no mention of a bigger screen or higher resolution is a little disapointing. Single core, I have gotten over, only due to everyone claiming better battery performance. What gets me is one of the links had a date of 2010/06/10 so I'm wondering what this date is for??? obviously it didn't come out Oct. 6, 2010.

EDIT: and I can't seem to get back to the page with that date, so I can't try and translate anything
    that would be 06/10/2010 for us americans, which means this phone was supposed to be released in june.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    that would be 06/10/2010 for us americans, which means this phone was supposed to be released in june.
    Except that this is from a website in France, where it means Oct 6, so I think it's safe to say that no one knows what the date actually is. Plus, if they produced some promo material in June, doesn't mean they were planning on releasing it then.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    I agree with $149.99 anymore higher and people will just hold out for the new TBAd Palm device coming out (hopefully) at CES...
    Not necessarily...they could be like me. Launch day owner with phone starting to crack across the screen now....do I spend $100 and get a replacement? Do I spend $200 and get hopefully a way better version of what I've come to love? Or do I wait 6 months and spend $300 for the next greatest Pre? Frankly, under the circumstances, I'm spending $200 and going a year at which time the $300 will be at least down to $200 if not free....just sayin'.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

This is the Pre 2 or the "roadrunner". What your looking for will be the "roadrunner hd" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Now that we know the roadrunner name is real, then the device logs that showed the roadrunner HD prove it does exist. I have a feeling this Pre 2 is the new low end, and the roadrunner HD will be the high end.

Bring on the Pre 2 HD Palm!!
    I almost completely agree :P The low end would be the new pixi and this pre 2 would be the new mid range. The roadrunner HD will be the superphone! I hope atleast :P And i hope they don't name it the Pre 2 HD, a new name is in need!
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    Except that this is from a website in France, where it means Oct 6, so I think it's safe to say that no one knows what the date actually is. Plus, if they produced some promo material in June, doesn't mean they were planning on releasing it then.
    you're right, my bad. Hmmm, then I wonder what that date ment.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    I am glad Palm is coming out with a stopgap device. Pre2 is to the Pre what the Droid2 is to the Droid. Pre Plus falls in between. I hope the slider is greatly improved and hopefully the camera will be impoved also but I understand that there are constraints in the same form factor.

Personally I would be perfectly satisfied with a Pre2 over my Pre Plus considering all the improvements, but the microphone on the face is very aggravating to me. I always cover it up (and notice when friends cover theirs up) when holding the phone with my shoulders. And it looks like the microphone is in the same exact place.
    can everybody jus stop crying about the 1ghz not being enough and go to engadgets website and see that almost all of the new windows 7 phones are 1ghz ,..... Windows Phone 7 handsets: spec comparison -- Engadget

so stop crying...be happy
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    punches self in face
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    can everybody jus stop crying about the 1ghz not being enough and go to engadgets website and see that almost all of the new windows 7 phones are 1ghz ,..... Windows Phone 7 handsets: spec comparison -- Engadget

so stop crying...be happy
    For real. This is not the phone we have all been waiting for. It is a good phone with hopefully many hardware quality improvements. Better battery life will be a big deal. But this is the newest Palm can do with the current form factor, and I am glad they are coming out with it before the bad boys come out next year.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Question, is sfr and verizon two peas of the same pod? If it's not sfr, then can anyone tell me who verizons foreign counter part is.

Just wondering, because if it is sfr then you know what carrier is most likely to see the next palm phone first, state side.

edit; nevermind it's vodafone
    Last edited by bdog421; 10/11/2010 at 10:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by krazejb View Post
    punches self in face
    Great first post! Welcome to P/C. I think.
    Good thinking... But at this point. We def aren't going to see a new amazing phone till 2011... This is just a lube job to hold us over. I hope I'm wrong.
    To be honest i lf this is going to be the next pre it is ridiculous. I really think that this is fake. Really there is not diferent with the actual pre. The only diferent is the webos 2.0 i think hp, will make the new pre a lot diferent. Also please bigger screen. Well hopefully. Lets see.
    Curious. Assuming this came to the U.S. and with 720p recording, What do you think the tech blogs reviews, magazine reviewers, etc will say about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    My biggest upset is the cpu... If a person is on a Pre+ and overclocked to 1GHz, what reason will they have to upgrade? None, unless other things are bumped up too.
    A) OC cpu dies NOT equal next generation CPU in performance. The OMAP 3600 runs *circles* around the current 3400 series and b/c it's 1ghz, Rod and company can take it to 1.5-1.6ghz if you want it...

http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/wtb...ontentId=52606

B) ALL 10 WIN7 PHONES RELEASED TODAY LAUNCHED WITH...YOU GUESSED IT 1GHZ CPU'S! (and MANY of them with 8GB of storage!) I wouldn't worry about the Pre2 at all.

Windows Phone 7 handsets: spec comparison -- Engadget
    wow. Sfr still has it up. Does this mean the official announcement is imenent? Like tomorow?