Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Yeah a 1ghz phone with 512mb of RAM in June 2009.

The New Palm Pre: only for $2000 on Sprint!
    iphone 3gs was out around that time with and 833mhz processor....so maybe 1ghz was a tad too high but the Pre still need to be faster right out the gate. TMC error IMO shyed more people away than the crazy commericals and bad carrier press. If it was rock solid out the gate it wouldn't have mattered about the other stuff...it would have sold on what it is now. Right now only the Palm faithful are keeping the phone in circulation. I know I try and educate whom ever I can about the Pre and try to convert or @ least put some interest to others in the platform/phone.

also the snapdragon 1ghz processors were out for commercial use in 2008. I believe that processor didn't make it into a phone but a 1ghz processor was available.
    Last edited by Wayne173; 10/11/2010 at 07:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    Now I just have to worry about sprint getting this.......bring it!!!
    After thinking I have another worry.....the price point. If this pre2 doesn't have a front facing cam,hdmi/dlna,high res screen,no 4G radio and a bumped up cam. They better not try and sell this thing for 2 bills on upgrade, more like 100-150 max. I hope they are looking at what the current market has to ofter and price that baby accordingly. Otherwise history will repeat it's self.

What do the pre folk have to say about this? Is 200 too much on an upgrade, with just a redesigned shell and new heart?
    I have to say i am a little disappointed, I was hoping they would at least increase the screen size as well. I will still hold final judgment on this until its officially announced or at least till we know all the specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    After thinking I have another worry.....the price point. If this pre2 doesn't have a front facing cam,hdmi/dlna,high res screen,no 4G radio and a bumped up cam. They better not try and sell this thing for 2 bills on upgrade, more like 100-150 max. I hope they are looking at what the current market has to ofter and price that baby accordingly. Otherwise history will repeat it's self.

What do the pre folk have to say about this? Is 200 too much on an upgrade, with just a redesigned shell and new heart?
    You make an excellent point that is why i think it will not make it over here
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Has anybody commented on how the letters aren't arranged correctly on the keyboard in the most recent picture?

Are we being duped?
    sprint pre minus here, and I wouldn't send $200 and my upgrade on it. I'll keep using my current device until the screen hit 4 inches, and has video chat.

but no bigger than 4. And I would really rather not be stuck w only one way to video chat, like facetime. I want a way that can use aim and the video chat w gmail people.

they should just let me build my own device.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattylock View Post
    Has anybody commented on how the letters aren't arranged correctly on the keyboard in the most recent picture?

Are we being duped?
    french keyboard should be azerty, I believe...
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    french keyboard should be azerty, I believe...
    Oh. Pardon my ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattylock View Post

Are we being duped?
    Yes, as igobytony said, French keyboard....there is a world out there after the USA ends :-)

EDIT --> Sorry we posted @ the same time.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    this is exactly what I expected for the 'roadrunner', something good to replace the pre. I am awaiting the 'roadrunner hd' tho.

@matty, it is the french version, they have a different keyboard layout.
    yeah hopefully we are all premature in bashing this new design (I hope). Hopefully once announced, even if this is the so called roadrunner, with the same design, it comes to the states with atleast a 3.5 inch screen, and has that roadrunner hd resolution it was boasting about. Otherwise, all I can see the reason why HP would release a upgraded pre, is because it was already design by palm before the buyout, and they intend on trying to showcase webos 2.0 on a better, more capable design phone for the holidays. Then come early 2011, they intend on releasing these next generation phones, along side the tablet. This is what I think they intend on doing, if so then Id expect this def to only come to sprint, and maybe (a long stretch) to Verizon, since sprint has the oldest model, and on those two companies for this fall no worry of the WP7 onslaught.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    the 3GS has the EXACT same cpu as the pre.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I was thinking if anyone remembers that Palm was money hurt for years now, and when they released Webos it was going to take them sometime to optimize it. Without money they couldnt really make a mind blowing device when they released the pre. Really If they had money, or time to wait (since they needed to get the pre to the market because the company was dieing) they would have released atleast a more stable version initially, rather then the one sprint owners got. People either need to be patient now that they have the captial to compete, or go to another company. This is a rebirth of a company who had a great idea on a OS, but didnt have the money to bring it to the light. Now they do, but its really going to take them some time to bring these things to the market. Thats why RUB's frustrated he knows the webos community has been waiting for something all year. I'm pretty sure they are working as fast as they can to complete, drop, and market these next gen devices ASAP, and I intend on waiting not complaining.
    i would buy if hp or palm sells it for 100 straight without contract maybe 200 if they catch me on a good day.. but no contract at all to get this phone.. why trap us in when especially their coming out with more phones over the next few months... ill just keep buying just not at full price.

alsoo hope this is just a euro version and we get roadrunner hd...that be nice.
    Last edited by eggroks; 10/11/2010 at 08:17 PM. Reason: forgot something
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    i would buy if hp or palm sells it for 100 straight without contract maybe 200 if they catch me on a good day.. but no contract at all to get this phone.. why trap us in when especially their coming out with more phones over the next few months... ill just keep buying just not at full price.

alsoo hope this is just a euro version and we get roadrunner hd...that be nice.
    thats a good point this may be their version, and the states may get a HD version. Though we dont know nothing yet, so lets wait for an announcment for the US models with specs, before we loose our minds people.
    This phone might be great but I think unless it's a free or at low price on contract it won't sell well. Most people have no idea about operating systems and this form factor will not have mass appeal. I know people in the community don't want to believe it but web os is not a selling point. Palm needs to shock people with the hardware and then introduce them to the best mobile os. Web Os is the best but with hardware releases like this it might not survive the android, windows7, Verizon iphone and blackberry onslaught. This is just my speculation and I hope web os makes it to the masses but right now I'm not feeling it.
    This is a Pre 2 in the same sense that Motorola made a Droid 2. I agree that it doesn't really feel like a full 2, more like a 1.5

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Now that we know the roadrunner name is real, then the device logs that showed the roadrunner HD prove it does exist. I have a feeling this Pre 2 is the new low end, and the roadrunner HD will be the high end.

Bring on the Pre 2 HD Palm!!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I was hoping Palm would do something really cool to bring me back into the fold, but this certainly isn't it. Looks like I'll be keeping my iPhone 4.

They still have a chance with the PalmPad, but if it is just a poor quality, first gen iPad ripoff, Palm will be dead to me. I need innovation, Palm practically invented the personal touchscreen device!
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...