Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    If you don't like the Pre 2, fine. Wait a while.
    It seems like that's been Palm's motto since the Pre was first announced -- "just keep waiting!" Waiting for WebOS 1.3. Waiting for the PDK. Waiting for WebOS 1.45. Waiting for Flash. Waiting for DocsToGo. Waiting for the Pixi. Waiting for the Pre Plus. Waiting for AT&T. Waiting for Verizon. Waiting for the C40. Waiting for "Mansion." Waiting for "RoadRunner." Waiting for HP to complete their acquisition. Waiting for WebOS 2.0. Waiting for the Pre 2.

What exactly are we waiting for?

Have you ever read the experiences of people on this forum who have switched to another platform? There's an overwhelming sense of relief and excitement at being able to do things that the Pre can't do. Those people didn't wait and they've been rewarded with viable, well-supported platforms.

Those who did wait? They're getting a speed-bumped Pre.
    it's 2.0.. It's just that by the time it comes out, it will be 1.5 years since the pre released. If it was called the pre 2.0, and it came out in june, people would of been happy. It's just that it taking Sooo long to come out, that everyone expected it to be closer to 3.0, but called 2.0..

Look at the second iphone, droid, or any-other phone. The spec bumps are fine for the name, but not for the time frame.
    Whats wrong with this you all say? Lets go by what we might know

No front facing camera
    no 4g
    512mb ram
    no dual core
    same sized screen
    same sized keyboard
    same sized battery
    no hdmi port
    no improved camera
    only 1 ghz

now thus is all speculation of course. But i seriously do not expect this to come to the states. by the time this comes out it will already be behind in tech and lacking tech. really why not just overclock a pre plus and wait for webos 2.0
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post

No front facing camera
    no 4g
    512mb ram
    no dual core
    same sized screen
    same sized keyboard
    same sized battery
    no hdmi port
    no improved camera
    only 1 ghz

now thus is all speculation of course. But i seriously do not expect this to come to the states. by the time this comes out it will already be behind in tech and lacking tech. really why not just overclock a pre plus and wait for webos 2.0

Only 1 GHz? How do you know there is no improved camera or HDMI port, How do you know no dual core? (for that matter what phone has dual core and why do you need it) How do you know there is no 4G? Honestly this is something that was posted on another carriers website who uses GSM not CDMA, and who is to say your particular carrier will even opt for this version of this phone... I fallback to my previous statement...

...people like to complain...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post

No front facing camera
    no 4g
    512mb ram
    no dual core
    same sized screen
    same sized keyboard
    same sized battery
    no hdmi port
    no improved camera
    only 1 ghz

My biggest upset is the cpu... If a person is on a Pre+ and overclocked to 1GHz, what reason will they have to upgrade? None, unless other things are bumped up too.
    I think the "2" moniker is appropriate.

The only improvement that seems to be lacking for me is the screen size. Was hoping for 3.5. But a presumably glass "flatter" screen is great, and a good speed processor with more RAM and storage is definitely worth an upgrade. Especially if the "Mansion" doesn't end up having a physical keyboard.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    Looking forward to the Palm Pre 4.5+
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    A Pre with all of the rough edges knocked off (Pre 2), and released world wide, could be a big success for HP/Palm/webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    My biggest upset is the cpu... If a person is on a Pre+ and overclocked to 1GHz, what reason will they have to upgrade? None, unless other things are bumped up too.
    Why don't stop complaining for a moment and start watching the rest of players? Where are the +1GHz phones?

--Sent from my Palm (Device) using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    ...until CES when the real successor to the Pre is unveiled? I hope it comes to the states soon I would love to get rid of this TMC error without have to overclock my Pre. Specs are what this phone should have been out the gate! I also think this is just a 'hush' phone until they unveil the beast later. So what do you think....Pre 1.5 or maybe even Pre 1.75!
    to stop TMC errors, get UberKernel/Govna on your current phone.
    This is what the next pre should be like. 4.1" slider...my dream webos phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If this is the Roadrunner, then what is the Roadrunner HD we were hearing about? That's what I want to know.

Maybe it's the exact same phone just bigger with the 960x640 screen. Hang tight I think there are more phones coming.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    People who are complaining about "only 1GHz", read this:
    Megahertz myth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A newer generation CPU will perform much better at the same (or lower) clock speed than an older gen chip. While I can't wait for dual core procs, a 1GHz 3630 would be a very nice upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Why don't stop complaining for a moment and start watching the rest of players? Where are the +1GHz phones?

--Sent from my Palm (Device) using Tap@Talk for webOS
    I don't think 1ghz matters. It's the:

"No front facing camera
    no 4g
    512mb ram
    no dual core
    same sized screen
    same sized keyboard
    same sized battery
    no hdmi port
    no improved camera"

that Greg pointed out along with :

- No Flash
    - No Sirius/XM
    - No Netflix
    - No Shazam
    - No voice functionality
    - No developer momentum at all, really
    - No guarantees of WebOS 2.0 fixing a lot of the issues people have with WebOS 1.01 - 1.4.5.1
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    Only 1 GHz? How do you know there is no improved camera or HDMI port, How do you know no dual core? (for that matter what phone has dual core and why do you need it) How do you know there is no 4G? Honestly this is something that was posted on another carriers website who uses GSM not CDMA, and who is to say your particular carrier will even opt for this version of this phone... I fallback to my previous statement...

...people like to complain...
    Heeelllllllloooo i said this is all speculation of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsei View Post
    People who are complaining about "only 1GHz", read this:
    Megahertz myth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A newer generation CPU will perform much better at the same (or lower) clock speed than an older gen chip. While I can't wait for dual core procs, a 1GHz 3630 would be a very nice upgrade.
    Yes i now about the more ghz does not mean anything blah blah blah
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I don't think 1ghz matters. It's the:

"No front facing camera
    no 4g
    512mb ram
    no dual core
    same sized screen
    same sized keyboard
    same sized battery
    no hdmi port
    no improved camera"

that Greg pointed out along with :

- No Flash
    - No Sirius/XM
    - No Netflix
    - No Shazam
    - No voice functionality
    - No developer momentum at all, really
    - No guarantees of WebOS 2.0 fixing a lot of the issues people have with WebOS 1.01 - 1.4.5.1
    EXACTLY, now this is specilation it could be there or icould not be. Now if its not there and this is the pre2 coming to the states wich i seriously dont think it is. then we have a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    A Pre with all of the rough edges knocked off (Pre 2), and released world wide, could be a big success for HP/Palm/webOS.

yea its called the pre plus overclocked
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    Specs are what this phone should have been out the gate!
    Yeah a 1ghz phone with 512mb of RAM in June 2009.

The New Palm Pre: only for $2000 on Sprint!
    Is it safe to assume from this information that the device will definitely not have 4g? Or is that still a possibility for the US version..