1)Ok, we have been talking about merger since March
2) Ruby is leading the palm division and the phone division, so no CEO issue. Bradley is filling up whatever is left
3) It has been months now and I bet plan for pre-2 was present atleast for a year.
4) Web OS 2.0 is ready as per Ruby, but as he said hardware is frustrating him, plus they have released less baked software in past and then updated it later.
5) I hope so
6) Unlikely, probably release two at the start, one with physical KB, one without and later during the year release more versions, this way one also keep up the hub-bub
7) In 3 months HTC has released 3 new phones