Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewton540 View Post
    None of those sites knew exactly what was going on, they had some speculation, maybe just a little more than we do now. There were no leaks in any of those articles or images or what exactly the device was going to look like. I think palm does a pretty good job at keeping their products hidden.
    I guess Apple needs to learn from palm how to hide devices, just binding them down w chains in a windowless room is not enough.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I guess Apple needs to learn from palm how to hide devices, just binding them down w chains in a windowless room is not enough.
    No, they are developing them in another country. One where alcohol isn't allowed, and bars don't exist. Windows are fine, because there are no other people around...
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    No, they are developing them in another country. One where alcohol isn't allowed, and bars don't exist. Windows are fine, because there are no other people around...
    ?Middle East???
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I guess Apple needs to learn from palm how to hide devices, just binding them down w chains in a windowless room is not enough.
    Dude,

    Economies of Scale mean anything to you?

    Windows and IE have more viruses because nefarious folks like target rich environments. They dominate the market in numbers, thus more go "after" them.

    Developers make more iPhone apps because THERE ARE MORE OF THEM.

    Therefore, there are more people a) looking for apple / android leaks b) willing to leak same (money, thrills) and c) INTERESTED in this news.


    The evening news reports more about the Federal Gov't than the local Police Jury in Des Moines for the same reasons
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Dude,

    Economies of Scale mean anything to you?

    Windows and IE have more viruses because nefarious folks like target rich environments. They dominate the market in numbers, thus more go "after" them.

    Developers make more iPhone apps because THERE ARE MORE OF THEM.

    Therefore, there are more people a) looking for apple / android leaks b) willing to leak same (money, thrills) and c) INTERESTED in this news.


    The evening news reports more about the Federal Gov't than the local Police Jury in Des Moines for the same reasons
    At the same time if a small place like arizona comes with a racial discriminating law then it becomes a big news in NYT's. Your answer shows that palm has not developed anything that maybe big news to masses. They are only doing small things that by "economic of scale" people do not care about it.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    At the same time if a small place like arizona comes with a racial discriminating law then its big news in NYT's. Your answer shows that palm has not developed anything that maybe a big news to people. They are only doing small things that by economic of scale people do not caare about it.
    You ONLY knew of the AZ law AFTER it was passed.

    You prove my point.

    In other words (using your analogy) we will know of the new phone once it is completely "voted on and signed".
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    According to Mobile Whack, there were rumors about the Pre (aka Nova) as early as Jan 2008. Palm Infocenter was also on the case. By May 2008, Treonauts pretty much figured out what was going on.

    In short, by Oct 2008, 3 months before the Jan 2009 CES, Palm Nova phone sightings were on the rise and blogs across the web had pretty much figured out what was coming and when. So no, Palm is not good at keeping secrets and the complete lack of information regarding a follow on device coming out is foreboding to say the least.
    And yet none of those 'Palm Nova' sightings actually were even remotely anything near what the Pre was. In fact, Nova was the OS codename that they were working on before webOS became their main focus... webOS started off as a side project (and no I don't have a source on that, but it was one of the current Palm employees' Twitter feeds.) And if you want to get accurate, we were first told about Nova being the codename for their new OS (yes, it was revealed by Ed Colligan) back in 2005 or so.

    Not one leak leading up to the Pre launch came even the slightest bit close. And I would know, I was following it intently during the time. The most credible information was about a supposed "Roteo" and that was obviously way off (oreo jokes aside).

    And blogs had figured out what was coming? That's just laughable. Find me one article from before CES 2009 that had even a single prediction come even close. Palm stunned the world at CES, as pretty much everyone thought they were dead in the water and that they would reveal something that was old-news. Regardless of your current opinion on the Pre, at the time, the hardware was the best available, and the software shocked us all. Saying anything different is just a fabrication.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    You ONLY knew of the AZ law AFTER it was passed.

    You prove my point.

    In other words (using your analogy) we will know of the new phone once it is completely "voted on and signed".

    That just goes to show how much you were reading/looking out for day to day events in the US or in the world. Before the arizona law was passed there was lot of resistance, with president coming out to speak against it BEFORE it was passed.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    That just goes to show how much you were reading/looking out for day to day events in the US or in the world. Before the arizona law was passed there was lot of resistance, with president coming out to speak against it BEFORE it was passed.
    Meanwhile, back on the topic...
  10. #30  
    There are, sorry to say this, some stupid comments on here. First, the CEO has explicitly stated they are working hard on new devices...plural. It's been announced, just not detailed in specifics of what and when, just that new devices are in work. And he sounded like they were working quite feverishly to get them out.

    Second, all those links by Kupe mean jack. Everyone knew they were doing something, but had no clue to the actual specifics. Like I just said, Rubenstein himself stated new phones are in the works. Nulls the whole point of the OP's post. Furthermore, I was waiting patiently then for real news on the release and ended up saying "screw it" and going with the BB Curve just weeks before. I found out about two weeks after getting the phone that a new Palm phone announcement would occur at CES. ****ed me off.

    In any case, no pictures of either the phone or the OS leaked, and there was almost no detailed information on either.

    And, off topic, how does a law that specifically states race can't be used, become racist? Didn't know laws "hated" people because of their race.
  11. #31  
    ...and keep in mind, even Palm didn't know about webOS for quite some time... it was a "skunk works" project before Palm embraced it!
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Meanwhile, back on the topic...
    Thanks for reminding! All I was saying (pontificating, if it makes you feel better) was the next WEBOS device is being worked really hard on, but most likely still in infancy and not even close to a finished product. With lots of great and amazing ideas on paper, but with no final or even a dress rehearsal copy physically made. Maybe something rudimentary.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Meanwhile, back on the topic...
    Maybe you can be the moderator on this thread
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Find me one article from before CES 2009 that had even a single prediction come even close.
    Crunchgear report 5 days before the Palm Keynote. Looks like they got a bit right before the CES announcement. There are a lot more reports like that from other folks that received the leak. As a reference, the Palm keynote was 5 days later.
  15. #35  
    Okay I give up. The fact that someone guessed that it was a slide-down device with QWERTY means Palm was like a sieve leading up to CES09. Absolutely nobody was stunned by it, because everyone knew everything.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Crunchgear report 5 days before the Palm Keynote. Looks like they got a bit right before the CES announcement. There are a lot more reports like that from other folks that received the leak. As a reference, the Palm keynote was 5 days later.
    Oh, just give it up. Seriously. An "amazing new OS"? Wow! No schnitt! They got a handful of basics about the phone right, but clearly not all. And this was just days before the phone announcement, which doesn't support your argument AT ALL!

    What is wrong with some of you people?
  17. #37  
    A new palm handset is at least six months out from the first announcement/leak.

    Get used to it. Its going to be next summer.
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    A new palm handset is at least six months out from the first announcement/leak.

    Get used to it. Its going to be next summer.
    Never has been, so why would it start now? History says you are wrong.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Oh, just give it up. Seriously. An "amazing new OS"? Wow! No schnitt! They got a handful of basics about the phone right, but clearly not all. And this was just days before the phone announcement, which doesn't support your argument AT ALL!

    What is wrong with some of you people?
    So please, show us all the links of the impending next-generation Palm device release. There's a lot of buzz from the Palm fanatics here that it's just around the corner (i.e. next month), but there's a dearth of discussion about it outside of these forums. In the past, there has been a vigorous, widely cast, online discussion about future Palm devices when there actually were devices.. Are you saying that Palm suddenly developed air-tight security in the last 6 months? Or do YOU have supporting links?
  20. #40  
    your right about the 6 months. Centro was announed and it was almost 6 months . The PRE was announed in Dec 2008 and released June 2009. Sprint announed the EVO in January and it was released June so 6 months seems to be the norm. I almost sure it was about 6 months for the Treo. ( I rememeber waiting) But next summer is a year so If they announce something around August we can see it by FEb 2011.


    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    A new palm handset is at least six months out from the first announcement/leak.

    Get used to it. Its going to be next summer.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions