webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Palm Pre 2 - July 2010?
Palm Pre 2 - July 2010?

Old 03/30/2010, 12:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

I am not one to start gossip or anything and I'm not even saying this is 100% confirmed, but being a proud Pre owner and fan of the Pre... I was at the store asking around about the Palm Pre 2 and an employee said he was positive it comes out in July. He even went as far as double checking his computer and pointing out the release date "7/2010" of the model on his screen. I asked him to let me take a picture of his computer screen but he acted weird when I asked so I left it alone.

I don't know if it's a fake or if he is just assuming it's the Palm Pre 2 and it's really a different phone? ... but it would definitely be cool if that was an actual release date.

Just seems too soon...

I'll keep my fingers crossed. (For the release or news of when the actual release date might be!)

(If this is old news and the Pre 2 is already confirmed for July of 2010, I apologize for the post. It was new news for me.)
ChrisWamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: ilovedessert
Old 03/30/2010, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

No, that does not seem too soon...
wickcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2010, 12:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Questions are what store and was there a model number? Sorry for being skeptical about your story but to be honest I believe the july part mostly cause I thought the same thing just on my own, but your missing some details that usually solidifies whats being said.
Old 03/30/2010, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

As long as there is an at&t version, it sounds perfect to me!
fernandez21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2010, 12:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

If this were real, there'd already be a picture of it on Engadget or another site. They had pictures of the Evo/Supersonic when it first entered inventory systems. They got the iPad launch plans from Best Buy. Hell, there have been pictures of the "C40" on inventory screens for forever now.

Anything that significant entering an inventory system somewhere would be sniffed and photographed multiple times as soon as anybody detected it.
Reeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2010, 12:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
My Questions are what store and was there a model number? Sorry for being skeptical about your story but to be honest I believe the july part mostly cause I thought the same thing just on my own, but your missing some details that usually solidifies whats being said.
No problem. I was skeptical when he was telling me July and kept asking "are you sure it's the Palm Pre 2?" and then he was starting to look at me like "I" was dumb.

Lol.

Anyway, "pprim2 (7/2010)" and I was at the Willowbrook Sprint store in Houston, Tx.
Old 03/30/2010, 12:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
If this were real, there'd already be a picture of it on Engadget or another site. They had pictures of the Evo/Supersonic when it first entered inventory systems. They got the iPad launch plans from Best Buy. Hell, there have been pictures of the "C40" on inventory screens for forever now.

Anything that significant entering an inventory system somewhere would be sniffed and photographed multiple times as soon as anybody detected it.
Exactly what I was thinking. So I'll keep thinking he was wrong and just assume it was another phone until further proof arises. I wish my Asurion wasn't suspended so I could get a new Palm Pre already. Mine's pretty scratched up. :/
Old 03/30/2010, 12:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

"pprim2" is not in their usual code scheme, so I bet it is for another product that he misinterpreted as a pre 2.
DFroelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2010, 12:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

with the word RIM in it, maybe a blackberry accessory/product?
jared1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2010, 12:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

Any "news" on products so close to April 1st can be taken with a grain of salt
lars7575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2010, 12:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfroelich View Post
"pprim2" is not in their usual code scheme, so I bet it is for another product that he misinterpreted as a pre 2.
I guess I was hoping for some sort of confirmation that I may have missed about it, and by posting here I figured I'd get a "nope, untrue" reply or a "yeah, you haven't heard yet?" reply.

Looks like it's leaning toward the untrue side.
Old 03/30/2010, 12:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

let all the hype about this new htc die down and then whip this new bad boy out,,makes sense. July also makes sense for plenty of obvious reasons. Who knows,,,we shall see. I believe palm will have new hardware this summer. I rather see the glass half full then half empty... But then again,im always wrong.lol
zmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2010, 12:21 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars7575 View Post
Any "news" on products so close to April 1st can be taken with a grain of salt
Well I can assure you I am not April fooling you all. Lol. I would have waited for 4/1/10 for that.

But as for the employee maybe just throwing out lost hope to a customer to keep me excited about Sprint? Maybe.
Old 03/30/2010, 12:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

Although Palm Prime would be a cool name. How many people do you think would get a transformer logo sticker on it?
Old 03/30/2010, 12:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

im completely done even giving time of day to people who (went to a store and got "insider" info) im pretty sure im not the only one who realizes that those employees 1:cannot give out that info, 2:dont have that info, and 3: as sad as it is to say but what wireless company has shown that it actually cares about palm anymore.
add309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2010, 12:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

Maybe it's the C40?
xsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2010, 12:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

maybe they don't care about palm anymore,,but a nice piece of hardware would force many to take notice once again.
zmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2010, 12:38 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared1333 View Post
with the word RIM in it, maybe a blackberry accessory/product?
maybe the blackberry pearl 2 or that blackberry slider everyones making a fuss about
063_xobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2010, 12:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
Although Palm Prime would be a cool name. How many people do you think would get a transformer logo sticker on it?
Palm Prime is a cool name. And it matches kind of what I saw at least. But then the "rim" part as the other person said makes sense too for being a possible BlackBerry phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by add309 View Post
im completely done even giving time of day to people who (went to a store and got "insider" info) im pretty sure im not the only one who realizes that those employees 1:cannot give out that info, 2:dont have that info, and 3: as sad as it is to say but what wireless company has shown that it actually cares about palm anymore.

Understandable. I thought the same things which is where my skepticism comes from.

Let's just wait and see then I guess.
Old 03/30/2010, 12:46 PM   #20 (permalink)

I think that Sprint will have to do something in June/July with a new Pre. Since everyone who bought one when it first came out is a Sprint Primier Customer. One year is the time frame which they can get a new phone based on Premier program. It would make sense that they would want to keep quite until the AT&T Launch.
jkaczy is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0