Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I have to admit I was very close to jumping as well....gotta give big props to Sprint for letting power users update their devices every year, as I am pretty much a walking advertisement. People are always joking that I have a new phone all the time, and when I tell them I can upgrade every year its like "<inner thoughts>Why doesn't my carrier let me do that?"

Anywho, the overclocking has really put out that jumping feeling I was having....Pre runs fast and smooth, and its so easy to patch the phone to make it the (almost) exact experience I want!

Going to try the new f105 kernel this afternoon, but either way am planning to stick with my device for another couple months unless there's absolutely no news. Great job community! The Devs have been the so on top of keeping this device fresh!

[side note] Has anybody else had several app catologue apps ready for update today? Would that be a hint at 1.4.5 coming shortly???? <crosses fingers>
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    it'd make sense if it was the palm pre PLUS finally
    making it's rounds to sprint as it is on the other networks.
    I live about 20 minutes from that store, I'll have to stop by sometime. :]

also, the f105 kernel has put new life to my pre and definitely given me hope in the future of webOS. But new, modern hardware would be amazing
    Last edited by Garage91; 06/30/2010 at 09:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trecrazy View Post
    it'd make sense if it was the palm pre PLUS finally
    making it's rounds to sprint as it is on the other networks.
    if they do it will the verizons overstock they will be getting, otherwise HP/palm will focus on releasing the new device on sprint, not old hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWamer View Post
    Anyway, "pprim2 (7/2010)" and I was at the Willowbrook Sprint store in Houston, Tx.
    HAHAHA dude, I work in the office building at 13231 Champion Forest Dr right off 1960... just down the road from there. I might have to go check this out at lunch today. Remember the reps name by chance???
    I guess since its now the middle of August and no Pre 2 in sight that this was a FAIL!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by solo1shyne View Post
    I guess since its now the middle of August and no Pre 2 in sight that this was a FAIL!
    Probably posted this one or two days early, so close, not really time to call Fail as the HP earnings report is tomorrow or Friday I think....Hope to have the new pre or whatever announced then.... (Although the fact that it wasn't July is a fail, just the timing of calling fail seems a bit funny...)
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    It's today at 3pm PDT. Most are not expecting anything specific to be mentioned about phones, but it may open up the tap enough to let a few drops out over the next few days.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Can we shut down and delete threads that turn out to be wrong? Seriously, this is VERY sad.
    ... or they can be merged into 1 large fail thread! I would find that pretty entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    ... or they can be merged into 1 large fail thread! I would find that pretty entertaining.
    The C40 thread on its own is pretty hilarious.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    The final tidbit for October is the Palm Pre 2, the successor to the Pre Plus. No word if it will run WebOS 1.x or if WebOS 2.0 will be available by then.

according to:

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...f_verizon.html
    interesting. i want it to come to sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    interesting. i want it to come to sprint
    I want it to come to Telcel (GSM) :P
    hehehe

It will take at least 6 months
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567