Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I don't know why but I have a feeling that Palm might leak a picture tomorrow to take some shine away from Apple. Anyone feel the same?
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Just looked at the iPhone 4 (not g.... people think it has the same speeds as the evo because of the word generation? really? come on.). I honestly love webOS, but i am getting a little bored of my pre, especially now that the Evo and the iPhone can Video chat and have a 5/8 megapixel camera while we're stuck with 3. not to mention barely ANY ram (im on sprint). I love the homebrew community, but the restart times on preware are kind of ridiculous. I think palm has the best OS. apple has the most apps. and android usually has the best hardware. but honestly a HINT of a new phone/release date, would put my mind at ease. Because i have an upgrade, and i am very tempted to get the Evo at this point. Especially with the doubt that there is even going to be a new webOS phone this summer. so Any rumours? anything at all?

thanks
    I'm in the same boat... I'm starting to look at the EVO and if Palm doesn't announce something I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out. As much as I love my Pre... the hardware envy is really there.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    I'm in the same boat... I'm starting to look at the EVO and if Palm doesn't announce something I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out. As much as I love my Pre... the hardware envy is really there.
    I think all of us are considering the Evo... but again... a leak can most certainly help Palm and us! Maybe they will leak something out this month or the next or maybe after the HP and Palm merger completes end of July... who knows...

I gave myself a time... if no new announcement or leak by the end of this year... "Hi new Evo" meh

PS... asking information at the Sprint store... is like asking an floor rep at Home Depot for tips... they have no clue...
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
    by the end of this year there will talk of the ----- android phone, or this or that new WM phone...then wat are you going to do??? It's never gonna end. Stick with what works for you know and upgrade when the time comes...its your best bet and only way to stay sane in the smartphone world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    by the end of this year there will talk of the ----- android phone, or this or that new WM phone...then wat are you going to do??? It's never gonna end. Stick with what works for you know and upgrade when the time comes...its your best bet and only way to stay sane in the smartphone world...
    I'll stick around... it's just more and more better hardware phones are popping out... and most certainly I'd like to have em... my upgrade is in August, I will wait and we shall see from there...
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    Good call. I have had a smartphone on Sprint since day 1 and I will always stick with them. (Plus I am a premier customer and get a great discount each month) I have been with Palm ever since the first smartphone with Palm and Samsung and the I300. As you can see from my signature that I have had Palm ever since. I swore I will never get a iPhone or a Android phone. I will go down with Palm and Sprint in flames if I have to. It keeps me from jumping carriers and I save a ton of money. Would I like a better Pre? Of course. Does it work for me now? In every way! I am very happy with the Pre and don't see jumping carriers or OS just to have the latest and greatest. When the new WebOS phone comes out, I will be right there ready to upgrade because I didn't get suckered into jumping to have the hottest thing out there.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    my friend wants to join my family plan, but he is in no rush i think i am going to pick up the evo this weekend give the pre to my dad and get the evo. then when palm FINALLY comes out with a new device ill get that and sign up for the new phone my friends new line and switch.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    If(and that is a big if), Palm comes out with a 4G enabled phone for Sprint in the July timeframe, that might work well for AT&T. AT&T is set to start rolling out 4G service in 2011, and since the Pre Plus just launched on AT&T on May 16th, so July 2011 for the next Palm phone on AT&T would work well, and would also be one of the first 4G devices for AT&T.

Verizon on the other hand may only start to deploy 4G in 2012, so that is a bit far off. We shall see what happens there.
    AT&T is using a different 4G technology than Sprint. Different radios would be required.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    AT&T is using a different 4G technology than Sprint. Different radios would be required.
    That is why July of 2011 as a release on AT&T for 4G would work. It would provide time to get the 4G radio adjusted properly while also being released at "the right time" for 4G service.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Heard a while ago that there was a Palm device in testing at Sprint Headquarters and it was not to leave the campus. Not sure if Palm could risk launching a phone prior to the close of the HP deal, if it were to drive the stock price up there would be problems.

Also saw somewhere that the two 4g wireless technologies are so close that a software tweak could be done to make a change on the radios.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    It's always tough to look inward...with the palm pre it's time to admit it's now the PALM POO.

Realizing the Pre is ***** now is hard, becuase for June and July of 2009 it was awesome. Its kinda like seeing a really hot girl you used to know put on hella weight. It's sad. What's worse is living in the past. Palm will likely never be good again, there is no new device coming, the boats leaving guys...JUMP ON IT NOW!!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreBro132 View Post
    It's always tough to look inward...with the palm pre it's time to admit it's now the PALM POO.

Realizing the Pre is ***** now is hard, becuase for June and July of 2009 it was awesome. Its kinda like seeing a really hot girl you used to know put on hella weight. It's sad. What's worse is living in the past. Palm will likely never be good again, there is no new device coming, the boats leaving guys...JUMP ON IT NOW!!
    Enjoy your EVO or whatever phone you really have. Looked through your past posts and can not figure out why you did not get rid of your (if you ever had one) Pre last july when you were bashing it and probably could have returned it within the 30 day window.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreBro132 View Post

I could be wrong, but I think anyone can switch to something else at any time. In other words, the boat isn't going anywhere.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    Verizon on the other hand may only start to deploy 4G in 2012, so that is a bit far off. We shall see what happens there.
    Verizon is launching 4G in over 30 cities later this year (2010). Your information source is wrong. Or you may have gotten your information cross wired. AT&T won't start on 4g until next year while Verizon will complete 33% of its network this year (Link).
    Last edited by Kupe; 06/12/2010 at 06:55 AM.
    picked up my evo today. Love it. Palm when you come up with some new hardware for sprint, i'll be back.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsongeek View Post
    picked up my evo today. Love it. Palm when you come up with some new hardware for sprint, i'll be back.
    Ive been a die-hard Palm user for many many many years but I am so tempted to make the Android jump... I was playing with the EVO for about 2hrs today... Apparently the past year with the Pre made me forgot what it was like to have a device that has acceptable/respectable speed...

Come on Palm.... Please Throw me a bone... I really don't want to leave home... Thank You....
    Hi all, July works well for me, Let's hope it's true. Thank you for the posting, take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    really people the devos have done a great job with the f105 kernal, it clocks the pre to 1ghz and its fast. Go over to the forum and check it out. My battery life is alittle better too, and I have not got any tmc errors, this should hold us alittle bit more until the next WeboS device is released.

if you have preware just manage feeds and insert this in the url ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1/

then remove any old kernal, then update it under f105. big ups to the devos again.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast