Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Man im feeling luv lost with EVO's release...no talk about updates, new phone, need something GIVE US SOMETHING PALM.....grrrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyfui View Post
    all of you in the us of a talking about a pre 2, when us in the uk still haven't seen a pre or pixi plus...
    Nor have us folks on sprint. So what is your point?
    its us sprint users that are getting the shaft.... I would love a pre plus.....
    Sprint users are not getting shafted.. you got the original Phone 6 months before anything else came out. it's the price you paid to have the first phone.. end of story
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Unfortunately I think it's going to be a while before a new Pre is released. Think about it, I'm sure HP is going to want a major say regarding the first phone released under their name (or co-name or whatever name). If the deal isn't done until the end of July we're looking at at least 2 months of design time and production of prototypes, at least 2-3 months of internal testing and gaining approval and at least 1-2 months of full production. That leaves us with a release around November at the earliest.

It is possible that Palm is already deep in the planning stages and maybe they have done the first few steps so a quicker release is possible. I don't think that Palm or HP would want to miss the holiday season but as Palm learned this time around, releasing questionable hardware to meet a deadline is not a great business decision.
    Palm has to release a new phone this summer and they know this. All smartphone manufacturers are updating models 8-12 months apart, so it would kill Palm not to compete.

Also, this forum seems to forget things quickly. Ruby saying "we have great hardware in the pipeline" and "business as usual at Palm". You can bet that when the original Pre was released they already started working on it's predecessor. Taking more than a year to build it would be ridiculous.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    do people really want a pre 2 or just a new phone to run webOS? i'd be happy if palm/hp release a completely new phone, preferably one with a bigger screen. if they make it bigger i doubt they would include a qwerty keyboard since that would just make the phone big and thick. with a bigger screen and lack of keyboard it isnt really a pre anymore. but that's ok, because i love webOS much more than the phone. of course, the gesture area would still need to be there, so maybe that's the feature of the phone that makes the pre a pre and not its design. the iphone hasn't really made many drastic changes to its design over the years, but i feel like the pre needs a completely new hardware for webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post
    do people really want a pre 2 or just a new phone to run webOS? .
    I want WebOS 2.0 AND a new phone. Waaay faster processor, MORE RAM!!!, and a sharper look for the design. The rounded corners are kind of grating on me. And I've seen portrait sliders that weren't too thick, I'm holding out hope that Palm can do it.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    If HP/Palm were going to release this summer, there would already be some substantial news of it by now. There'd be pictures, specifications, press releases. All I've heard so far is crickets and seriously over optimistic speculation. I rather doubt we'll see any WebOS smartphone from them before first quarter 2011 at the earliest (and I'd still consider that timeframe overly optimistic).
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    If HP/Palm were going to release this summer, there would already be some substantial news of it by now. There'd be pictures, specifications, press releases. All I've heard so far is crickets and seriously over optimistic speculation. I rather doubt we'll see any WebOS smartphone from them before first quarter 2011 at the earliest (and I'd still consider that timeframe overly optimistic).
    You are forgetting the Pre+ launch on AT&T. They already got burned with the Verizon launch and don't want the same thing to happen with AT&T. If they announce new hardware it would kill sales.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    its not gonna come out this summer, there's no way it'll be able to compete with the EVO and whenever the new iphone comes out which we'll find out on monday. id still say its fairly realistic that a new webOS phone will be released some time in 2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    Although Palm Prime would be a cool name. How many people do you think would get a transformer logo sticker on it?
    I would! lol (I'm a geek btw)
    Quote Originally Posted by deltatko1 View Post
    I have a buddy that is works on the Sprint servers here in KC and see's new phones popping up on the log all the time. He said that there is a new Palm device being tested at the Sprint Campus and is appearing on his systems. They don't allow test devices out of a certain area of the campus and he doesn't have access to it. I am trying to get him to get me details or a screen print of the device on the network.
    All P|C members in the area, please spend all your time in area bars to see if any test phones get left behind...
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    You are forgetting the Pre+ launch on AT&T. They already got burned with the Verizon launch and don't want the same thing to happen with AT&T. If they announce new hardware it would kill sales.
    Different carries, different equipment. Many people are carrier loyalists (as opposed to brand loyalists) and will upgrade to the best phone available on their chosen carrier. It wouldn't make a bit of difference what was being offered on another carrier. If the best device on Sprint is the EVO, then that is what carrier loyalists on Sprint will upgrade too. I personally don't see the Pre Plus as being more than just another smartphone choice on AT&T's network. Especially not with them having an exclusive on the iPhone juggernaut.

I really feel that if Palm were going to pull a rabbit out of their hat anytime in the very near future and release a new WebOS device, that we'd know about it by now. They aren't just going to dump new equipment on the market with no fanfare.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    The palm dookie. Life comes at you fast. So does the call of nature. Keep on track with them both on your palm dookie.
    Would it come "pre" loaded with this app?... http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...og/paid-to-poo
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Different carries, different equipment. Many people are carrier loyalists (as opposed to brand loyalists) and will upgrade to the best phone available on their chosen carrier. It wouldn't make a bit of difference what was being offered on another carrier. If the best device on Sprint is the EVO, then that is what carrier loyalists on Sprint will upgrade too. I personally don't see the Pre Plus as being more than just another smartphone choice on AT&T's network. Especially not with them having an exclusive on the iPhone juggernaut.
    I am a Sprint loyalist (I will likely never leave), and I am not getting the Evo. I am also a Palm loyalist. I will give Palm until the Windows Phone 7's hit sprint to come out with something.
    Quote Originally Posted by deltatko1 View Post
    I have a buddy that is works on the Sprint servers here in KC and see's new phones popping up on the log all the time. He said that there is a new Palm device being tested at the Sprint Campus and is appearing on his systems. They don't allow test devices out of a certain area of the campus and he doesn't have access to it. I am trying to get him to get me details or a screen print of the device on the network.
    If Apple announce on Monday, June 6th that the iPhone is coming to Sprint, then you can forget about a Palm phone anytime soon and the device being tested could well be the WebOS tablet.
    Windows Phone 7?.....really?!
    Lol, just kidding. There are definitely still some fairly credible rumblings about a Sprint iPhone by the end of the summer.
    The Saint
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    The palm dookie. Life comes at you fast. So does the call of nature. Keep on track with them both on your palm dookie.
    Brought to you by GREENDAY, i bet the Palm gets used alot on the can ...
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    If Palm Prime is an autobot, does that make HTC or Apple the decepticons? Apple Antagonist, or HTC Hellraizer?!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast