Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The Palm PREtorian (I know its really Praetorian)

Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    I have a source at the area management level with Sprint who's saying that there's definitely a new Palm device coming in July. He's not able to get any specs yet, but says the rumblings are that it will be 4G enabled. He also noted that the July time frame was tentative, as Sprint is infamous for delays in release dates.
    Take it for what it's worth, but I've known the guy for years and he's pretty credible.
    The Saint
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    Although Palm Prime would be a cool name. How many people do you think would get a transformer logo sticker on it?
    "Palm Prime" is the exact name that I suggested to Lynn on her blog for the next device. Looks like I wasn't too far off if others are suggesting this as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    +1 for the Palm Prime. Same alliteration as the Pre but sounds BADBUTT...
    No everybody. As I said, over 4 months ago that Palm's new hardware going to be revolutionary. I read about it, a long time on an internet underground site. They said that, palm has something big coming to change the industry. It's gonna be something revolutionary. Palm's coming for the kill. They gonna drop the Pre &pixi totally, & come up with one phone with 2 different form factors. The name of the phone is, Palm Zen. Yep,specs: new Arm Qual-processor, 3.7in finger resistant,& HD screen, 1080p video recording with Zooming & LED flash enable, 8mega pixel back HD camera, & 5 mega pixels front HD facing camera, this one will only run webOS 2.0, with a slider keyboard.Graphic chip suppose to be newest Power VR SGK. The second form factor gonna be keyboardless soft-key, 4in screen, same Specs as listed,but with duo- OS. WebOS 2.0, & the business or document editing side of window mobile 7. It's gonna lunch with a duo- Radios, 3G & 4G, right away. No words on where it's gonna, or which carrier going to have it first. It's gonna be a super phone, with masses advertisement on Billboards, TV's, like everywhere you go you gonna see it. This time, their agents or people gonna be in stores to make sure it's a successful lunch. That all the info, I read@that time. Real or Fake, i'm not sure, we just have to wait & see. Finger cross.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    Although Palm Prime would be a cool name. How many people do you think would get a transformer logo sticker on it?
    I already have one on my Pre right now.. haha
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber4444 View Post
    No everybody. As I said, over 4 months ago that Palm's new hardware going to be revolutionary. I read about it, a long time on an internet underground site. They said that, palm has something big coming to change the industry. It's gonna be something revolutionary. Palm's coming for the kill. They gonna drop the Pre &pixi totally, & come up with one phone with 2 different form factors. The name of the phone is, Palm Zen. Yep,specs: new Arm Qual-processor, 3.7in finger resistant,& HD screen, 1080p video recording with Zooming & LED flash enable, 8mega pixel back HD camera, & 5 mega pixels front HD facing camera, this one will only run webOS 2.0, with a slider keyboard.Graphic chip suppose to be newest Power VR SGK. The second form factor gonna be keyboardless soft-key, 4in screen, same Specs as listed,but with duo- OS. WebOS 2.0, & the business or document editing side of window mobile 7. It's gonna lunch with a duo- Radios, 3G & 4G, right away. No words on where it's gonna, or which carrier going to have it first. It's gonna be a super phone, with masses advertisement on Billboards, TV's, like everywhere you go you gonna see it. This time, their agents or people gonna be in stores to make sure it's a successful lunch. That all the info, I read@that time. Real or Fake, i'm not sure, we just have to wait & see. Finger cross.
    I'm calling BS right now. On almost all of that.

EDIT: I see you've got a whole 2 posts.... and you never said anything about this before, so why the lies?
    with the htc evo 4g and the 4th gen iphone coming in the summer,I think palm should wait at least amonth before releasing a new hardware remember how the 3gs stole the pre's thunder and then droid came around and desyroyed the pre plus. I think this time around palm, come out in multiple carriers( sprint and verizon) at the same time or (sprint att) at the same tine.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    There's no way the successor to the Palm pre will be called the Palm pre 2.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    There's no way the successor to the Palm pre will be called the Palm pre 2.

Should be called:

Pre 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Heclaboy82 View Post
    with the htc evo 4g and the 4th gen iphone coming in the summer,I think palm should wait at least amonth before releasing a new hardware remember how the 3gs stole the pre's thunder and then droid came around and desyroyed the pre plus. I think this time around palm, come out in multiple carriers( sprint and verizon) at the same time or (sprint att) at the same tine.
    Normally I'd agree with you. In this case, though, I think they need to announce and ship on Sprint as soon as possible--no matter what anyone else is doing. I say on Sprint because it must be 4G and there's a ready base of upgraders available. Then, no more than 90 days later, it should be on all other carriers.

If that's before June, so be it. Hell, I'd probably pay full price for an awesome new webOS device. Actually, strike that--there's no "probably" about it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbomber View Post
    Should be called:

Pre 4G
    We already did Pre. In essence we beta tested for Palm. It's time to release the real deal. Treo 4g maybe?
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    If you look at Palm's income statements, you can see they are investing alot more money than even before into R&D.

PALM: Income Statement for Palm, Inc. - Yahoo! Finance

Here's that link which gives the some quarterly income from Palm, and this gives you the latest quarter's numbers: http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...18_General.pdf

The numbers are really pointing out that not only is Palm putting more money into R&D, but they're also putting more more into advertising. This should mean more publicity for Palm, and hopefully create buzz.

Also, Palm seems to be holding onto cash while losing asset/shareholder value. Actually if you look through the data, Palm never loses much in cash flows, so they always have cash on hand. YOY, Palm is improving profits by getting their costs down and working to improve sales. I'm not much of an investor, but I do know that if a company has positive cash flows, is working to get their costs down, and is increasing sales, then I think they have alot of room for future growth.

Unless someone initiates a hostile takeover... Or the shareholders decide it's in their best interest to sell to recoup losses.
    Hrm, I wonder, how much could I get for my Pre so I could buy a Pre 2 when it comes out...
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Hrm, I wonder, how much could I get for my Pre so I could buy a Pre 2 when it comes out...
    Off contract, not (nearly) enough..
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber4444 View Post
    LOL, this really made me chuckle. To be honest, most of it is believable and hopefully not far from reality, except for what I have boldfaced. Dual Operating Systems and one of them is windows mobile 7??? Where on earth did he get that silliness? In that case I also read on that same underground website that the phone will be the first to use piezoelectric crystals to keep the battery charged at all times and a builtin video projector and a mirror on the back!
    Wow, it's like one of your predictions has already come true!
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Guys I very doubt Palm names their next flagship device Pre 2, Pre++, or anything with Pre in it. There are too many bad connotations to bad hardware (see Verizon Wireless reps).
    Emuneee, since we have no idea what it will be called yet, we'll just keep saying Pre 2 till then. Kinda like how we talk about Windows 8 on the Windows 7 forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    LOL, this really made me chuckle. To be honest, most of it is believable and hopefully not far from reality, except for what I have boldfaced. Dual Operating Systems and one of them is windows mobile 7??? Where on earth did he get that silliness? In that case I also read on that same underground website that the phone will be the first to use piezoelectric crystals to keep the battery charged at all times and a builtin video projector and a mirror on the back!
    but if they use piezoelectric crystals.... What will happen to the ever so useful touchstone charger?? ^.^
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsongeek View Post
    but if they use piezoelectric crystals.... What will happen to the ever so useful touchstone charger?? ^.^
    Considering it's the best phone accessory invented in the past 10 years and iPhone users are trying to emulate the Touchstone experience by strapping bulky inductive cases on their phones and buying inductive charging mats for a combined cost FAR HIGHER than a touchstone and back, I'd say the market recognizes the usefulness of the touchstone concept.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast