Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jkaczy View Post
    I think that Sprint will have to do something in June/July with a new Pre. Since everyone who bought one when it first came out is a Sprint Primier Customer. One year is the time frame which they can get a new phone based on Premier program. It would make sense that they would want to keep quite until the AT&T Launch.
    Uh, I believe Sprint has already announced what they're going to do around June/July. Made quite a big deal of it, in fact.

I even know what Palm is going to do. They're going to release a dismal earnings report around mid-June. It may even miss the already lowered expectations and targets from the last one. We should hear when - or even if - they will unleash new hardware shortly thereafter.
    Palm better do something. With reports of Apple developing a CDMA iPhone for Verizon, they need new hardware for the WebOS.

Investors Bullish on iPhone for Verizon
    It is very possible palm will have another entry that time period. Remember a huge amount of pre owners who purchased on june 6 will be available for the yearly upgrade of a premier customer. I for one will look and see what sprint will have available even though i luv my pre.

Fred
    They'll probably just bring the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus to Sprint.
    Last edited by alxb; 03/30/2010 at 01:53 PM.
    I have a buddy that is works on the Sprint servers here in KC and see's new phones popping up on the log all the time. He said that there is a new Palm device being tested at the Sprint Campus and is appearing on his systems. They don't allow test devices out of a certain area of the campus and he doesn't have access to it. I am trying to get him to get me details or a screen print of the device on the network.

He also said that the Evo 4g is coming out in June or July, with 4g being available in KC as well as several of the other cities that were announced a couple months ago in July or Aug. There are also updated versions of the Hero and Moment in testing as well as a couple Blackberries, according to what he has seen, all supposed to be released between June and Aug.

I know i'm going to get slammed for pics or its not true, but I thought I'd open myself to the punishment. I also posted this a few weeks ago, but couldn't find the thread it was in.
    Please try to get something
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Please try to get something
    I am, he is just worried cause Sprint doesn't take kindly to pictures of their systems I guess. He said they are pretty anal about it, and all leaks for that matter. I don't want him to loose his job cause then I wouldn't have any of the inside info he can get. I know a few other people who work there, but none of them have inside info on the actual network or devices running on them, they do office work.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Maybe the pp is for pre plus...
    First, we should all keep in mind that there were absolutely zero leaks about the Pre and webOS prior to CES 2009. So, Palm has demonstrated that they're entirely capable of keeping a secret when they want to.

Second, it does make some sense that they'd release on Sprint first, simply because Sprint is the only carrier currently offering live 4G in significant parts of the country. The exclusive could therefore be merely administrative, and they'll roll out 4G versions for LTE as soon as it makes sense (i.e., once other carriers have it available).

Third, releasing Sprint in June/July doesn't interfere with the Pre Plus/Pixi Plus on AT&T for the reason cited in #2 above. Making the next gen a 4G device gives Palm an excuse to delay its release on AT&T, Verizon, et. al. and lets them (hopefully) clear out some of the backlogged inventory by that time. Or, if the next gen device does release sooner on other carriers, the Pre Plus could be the mid-range device and the Pixi Plus the giveaway. AT&T's already familiar with this concept from the iPhone 3GS and 3G.

Fourth, I just love the name "Palm Prime." I think we should christen that the new rumored name and run with it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    First, we should all keep in mind that there were absolutely zero leaks about the Pre and webOS prior to CES 2009. So, Palm has demonstrated that they're entirely capable of keeping a secret when they want to.

Second, it does make some sense that they'd release on Sprint first, simply because Sprint is the only carrier currently offering live 4G in significant parts of the country. The exclusive could therefore be merely administrative, and they'll roll out 4G versions for LTE as soon as it makes sense (i.e., once other carriers have it available).

Third, releasing Sprint in June/July doesn't interfere with the Pre Plus/Pixi Plus on AT&T for the reason cited in #2 above. Making the next gen a 4G device gives Palm an excuse to delay its release on AT&T, Verizon, et. al. and lets them (hopefully) clear out some of the backlogged inventory by that time. Or, if the next gen device does release sooner on other carriers, the Pre Plus could be the mid-range device and the Pixi Plus the giveaway. AT&T's already familiar with this concept from the iPhone 3GS and 3G.

Fourth, I just love the name "Palm Prime." I think we should christen that the new rumored name and run with it.
    They were very tight lipped, and that was a good thing at the time to give them plenty of thunder when it finally came time to get the press. This time, losing mindshare almost daily, a leak here or there, if only a picture to drum up some press would be a good thing.

The only way it wouldn't be good, is if the phone isn't going to be a real contender. Especially considering the Evo 4G is going to be out this summer on Sprint and the leaks/rumors of the Iphone really going places other than AT&T, if the new Palm device isn't a total killer phone, then the longer they wait to leak stuff, the better they are so that way they aren't totally killed for months before the thing is released.
    It's easy to hide things when no one is paying attention to you. At the time they weren't innovating enough to follow.
    +1 for the Palm Prime. Same alliteration as the Pre but sounds BADBUTT...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I hope this is based on truth!

Amen. I think it might be time for a poll on this topic. Palm Prime FTW all the way!
    palm prime sounds lame but that's my opinion

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    palm prime sounds lame but that's my opinion
    I know its no Pixi but I think it'll work
    Some other ideas:

Palm Predator
    Palm Prima Donna
    Palm Piranha
    Palm Pi
    Palm Performance
    Palm Post
    Palm Pugilist
    Palm Parameter
    Palm Pantomime
    Palm Pantaloon
    Palm Prevaricator
    Palm Pariah
    Palm Pipeline
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    It would seem the best tactic to announce the palm pre 2 just before the iphone 4g announcement...so analysts can say...so, how does the iphone 4g compare to the pre 2 (hopefully not very well!!!lol)

Otherwise an announcement after the iphone 4g will just fade away very quickly!!!
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I vote for Palmomatopoeia
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    nice!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast