Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gpbm
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Does anyone here use a Palm Pixi successfully in 2016? I had one a few years back long before the fall of the platform. Moved on to numerous non webos devices and mostly did not like any. I am back to a flip phone for the past year. My needs are simple. Phone 1st, text 2nd and email is a bonus when I feel the need. I just like the form and the size and of course the ultimate in simplicity.
    PrePixiLove likes this.
    I use one from time to time. Your 3 basic needs are met on it.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    I use one occasionally, mainly to post here and respond to messages on Facebook since it's such a simple and fun device to type on :3

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I have one in my gadget drawer. Many things don't work. I don't know if *all* of the contact syncing services are broken, but I couldn't get any of the ones I use to work, so I had to manually enter contacts into the "SIM card account".

It'll make calls, but MMS will be hit or miss depending on your carrier. Pretty sure group MMS won't work. You won't be able to send or receive emoji beyond emoticon smiley faces.

I'd be interested in your thoughts after using it for a week or so. If you decide to go for it, please report back!

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
    I have a Pixi Plus as my backup device and I have to mention that Hotmail syncing works so I have contacts and calendar always updated. You have to install the Globalsign (or something like that) certificate patch from Preware (I think Grabber released it). I would use it as primary but besides your three requirement I have grown used to Waze (traffic in Lima-Peru is horrible so it really helps). Go with the Pixi in 2016!
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Well…. I got up and running today somehow. I have not used this phone in years. I still have no idea how I ended up bypassing the profile as I threw everything at it by reading all the appropriate articles. So… Sprint version and no wifi but I have been using my flip phone for well over two years now. I am still a phone first, text second user so I already miss the flip. My kids, however, are well into many generations of iPhones and androids and are voracious texters. I need to install preware to perhaps improve some issues. I will report back. Thanks for the responses.
    I can confirm that hotmail/outlook.com sync email, contacts, and calendar properly with webOS 1.4.5 - I think it's the only one that still works fully. I can't remember if tasks sync.. I want to say they don't. For the cert, I can't remember offhand if my globalsign cert updater works on 1.4.5 or not, but frantid's root cert update package does and updates all root certs, not just globalsign.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Well that's good to know!

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I got the Pixi up and running. It has been a while but for my primary needs (phone and text), it is a sleek and discreet device. After a couple of days, I do miss my flip phone for ease of calling and answering. I am oldskool so the touch screens never really agreed with me. Texting, however, is a lot easier. Time will tell as to whether or not I stay with it. I do, however, have an old touchpad that I still enjoy messing with. Thanks for all the replies.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have used the Pixi for a few days. I forgot just how small it is. I miss my flip from a pure calling standpoint but texting is certainly easier. However, I would like to get a Pre 2 but sadly my entire family is on Sprint so that option is out. I will stick with it for a few weeks and see how it goes.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Well, the Pixi is activated and in use. From a pure calling perspective, I miss my Sanyo Taho. However, texting is a lot easier even with larger hands. Thus far, I am only using the phone and texting. No plans for anything else. I am on Sprint and oddly, the voice clarity is better on the Pixi than on the dedicated flip phone. I wish battery life was as good and the vibration notification a little stronger. It will allow me to keep up a bit better with my texting family all on iOS devices. I simply do not get along with smartphones but always had an easier time with webOS.
    hey there, may i ask if there is still a working webdotor software for the palm pixi plus avaible ?