Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    Hi

I'm on my 3rd Palm Pixi and just recently discovered all of the old Palm servers are defunct. I managed to get my new Pixi going using devicetool.jar to bypass the Profile requirement, but is there any way to update WebOS to 1.4.5? Is there even a big advantage? I just use the phone for calls/text and mp3 playing, nothing else.

Thanks
    Hi

I'm on my 3rd Palm Pixi and just recently discovered all of the old Palm servers are defunct. I managed to get my new Pixi going using devicetool.jar to bypass the Profile requirement, but is there any way to update WebOS to 1.4.5? Is there even a big advantage? I just use the phone for calls/text and mp3 playing, nothing else.

Thanks
    I don't know if there is a advantage. You can use webOSDoctor 1.4.5 for Pixi to have this version.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe
  3.    #3  
    thank you.. I discovered the webOS doctor after posting this. I already added my contacts to my phone so I may wait on that since it basically wipes the phone. But it's good to know it's possible to get updated. I like these tiny phones, it's a shame they are unsupported these days.
    Various back up options are on the link below...
    I highly recommend updating to 1.4.5. It's easy enough to export them and then re-import them after doctoring. If you need help, we're here.
    xandros9 likes this.
  6.    #6  
    hmm now you guys have me inspired to try a backup and restore!
    Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    hmm now you guys have me inspired to try a backup and restore!
    Please tell us your experience and any tips you might have after you've done it.