Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  • 3 Post By Alan Morford
  • 1 Post By CaptKicass
  1.    #1  
    i just bought one on e bay…i have data on my plan.can i use it..its looking for apn settings…any clue what i type in? thx.
    What service provider do you have?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  3.    #3  
    att..it showed 3g up top...
  4.    #4  
    att..it showed 3g up top… i bought one last week on ebay..i got it and it had reds dots all over screen..i sent it back..i order'ed another NEW one tonight which i will get mid week..ill post when i get it..i forgot what settings it wanted..i think it was proxy,user name,password..worst case its a $20 loss.…..i think if this is a problem to use gsm and i have to start getting into downloads and so on ill just go with page plus service and get a verizon palm..they are easy with the *228 trick..my gut says this att with sim card won't be easy.thx
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptKicass View Post
    att..it showed 3g up top… i bought one last week on ebay..i got it and it had reds dots all over screen..i sent it back..i order'ed another NEW one tonight which i will get mid week..ill post when i get it..i forgot what settings it wanted..i think it was proxy,user name,password..worst case its a $20 loss.…..i think if this is a problem to use gsm and i have to start getting into downloads and so on ill just go with page plus service and get a verizon palm..they are easy with the *228 trick..my gut says this att with sim card won't be easy.thx
    I would say it asked you to logon to your Palm Profile... which of course does not work anymore so you first have to bypass activation (search for thread) and then it should work without any other trick (at least to surf the internet with the browser). If you need anything else then you have to check in the forums (like google sync or anything else).
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by guilledil View Post
    I would say it asked you to logon to your Palm Profile... which of course does not work anymore so you first have to bypass activation (search for thread) and then it should work without any other trick (at least to surf the internet with the browser). If you need anything else then you have to check in the forums (like google sync or anything else).
    so if i don't bypass activation its game over? 20 bucks down the tubes..lol..thx for the info.
    so if i don't bypass activation its game over? 20 bucks down the tubes..lol..thx for the info.
    It's nothing to worry about. Only takes a little setup and you're done. We all have to do it now.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    It's not difficult.
    How to bypass the activation | pivotCE

The Pre & Pixi in 2014 | pivotCE

Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE

& see the links below.

Unfortunately, the Pixi cannot be updated to webOS 2.0 (to my limited knowledge). Most of us still using webOS are using the later handsets running v.2.2.4. As a consequence, fixes for more recent problems tend to be for v.2+ only. A Pixi should be usable as a phone, but there may be limits. Some people on this forum seem to have at least one of every model and can probably advise better than I on this.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 02/15/2016 at 08:12 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    It's not difficult.

& see the links below.

Unfortunately, the Pixi cannot be updated to webOS 2.0 (to my limited knowledge). Most of us still using webOS are using the later handsets running v.2.2.4. As a consequence, fixes for more recent problems tend to be for v.2+ only. A Pixi should be usable as a phone, but there may be limits. Some people on this forum seem to have at least one of every model and can probably advise better than I on this.
    well I'm in no hurry..heres my offer to any one who wants it.. ill ship the phone to you and pay you for ur time and return shipping in advance.ill send a usps money order with the phone with price we agree on. would like it back so i can just turn it on insert sim and go from there..im not crazy just normal person who does not want to do this task at hand..no worry in dealing with me.all the risk is on me,..just not my thing..i post from a mac that she owns..got out of computers and tweaking years ago.. my e mail is willieg3@outlook.com ..im walworth ny just east of rochester ny..let me know and thx in advance.
    Last edited by CaptKicass; 02/16/2016 at 06:39 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    It's not difficult.

& see the links below.

well I'm in no hurry..heres my offer to any one who wants it.. ill ship the phone to you and pay you for ur time and return shipping in advance.ill send a usps money order with the phone with price we agree on. would like it back so i can just turn it on insert sim and go from there..im not crazy just normal person who does not want to do this task at hand..just not my thing.. my e mail is willieg3@outlook.com ..im walworth ny just east of rochester ny..let me know and thx in advance. i was thinking like 30 bucks for you and 6 bucks for 2 day ship back at usps..
    I'll do it. PM me
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I'll do it. PM me
    pm just sent..thx
    Can anyone provide me working link for devicetool jar for bypass activation?

None of the link are working currently
    Quote Originally Posted by Soyab0007 View Post

I just posted one the other day in another thread. /hp-touchpad/329655-hp-tp-server-error-post3445380.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Soyab0007 View Post

https://pivotce.com/2015/12/13/the-u...tivation-tool/

Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE