1.    #1  
    I am trying again to get my palm pixi plus up and running. After my last post in January
    ( WebOS Quick Install v4.6.0 )
    I did something that has semi-bricked the phone. I honestly cannot remember exactly what. But, i recall reaching a screen on the phone that asked if I wanted to reset or or revert, or remove something. Obviously, selecting yes was the wrong choice. So. I decided to let it rest for a while.

Anyway, yesterday I gave it another go. I have done the following multiple times with no success:
    1) Turn your Pre completely off. If you can't turn it off, remove the battery to kill it. If you have to take the battery out, leave it out until I tell you to put it back it.
    2) Plug your Pre into the USB port on your computer.
    3) Press and hold the volume up button. Do NOT let go of the volume up button until I tell you to.
    4) Turn on your Pre. If you had to remove the battery, put it back in now.
    5) Within a few seconds at most, (maybe instantly) you should see a large USB symbol that fills the screen of the Pre. Once you see that symbol, you can let go of the volume up button.
    6) On your desktop run the WebOSDoctor.

I cannot get past step 4. I get the big " ? inside the battery" but the usb logo never appears. The ? will remain for hours ( I unplugged the usb after an hour for fear of damaging the screen, and no I did not hold the up volume key for an hour). If I turn it on normally, after a while it boots to a screen telling me I need to activate the sim to make a call. But no other options appear. With usb connected to my pc, the phone does not appear under connected devices or drives.

So, where do I go from here?
    I am trying again to get my palm pixi plus up and running. After my last post in January
    ( WebOS Quick Install v4.6.0 )
    I did something that has semi-bricked the phone. I honestly cannot remember exactly what. But, i recall reaching a screen on the phone that asked if I wanted to reset or or revert, or remove something. Obviously, selecting yes was the wrong choice. So. I decided to let it rest for a while.

Anyway, yesterday I gave it another go. I have done the following multiple times with no success:
    1) Turn your Pre completely off. If you can't turn it off, remove the battery to kill it. If you have to take the battery out, leave it out until I tell you to put it back it.
    2) Plug your Pre into the USB port on your computer.
    3) Press and hold the volume up button. Do NOT let go of the volume up button until I tell you to.
    5) Within a few seconds at most, (maybe instantly) you should see a large USB symbol that fills the screen of the Pre. Once you see that symbol, you can let go of the volume up button.

I cannot get past step 4. I get the big " ? inside the battery" but the usb logo never appears. The ? will remain for hours ( I unplugged the usb after an hour for fear of damaging the screen, and no I did not hold the up volume key for an hour). If I turn it on normally, after a while it boots to a screen telling me I need to activate the sim to make a call. But no other options appear. With usb connected to my pc, the phone does not appear under connected devices or drives.

Can you test with another battery? The "?" inside the battery mostly means the bettery is dead.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_blues View Post

With Battery ? means it has no idea of the charge...

Depending on the condition of the battery you might be able to novacom (terminal into the phone) it will respond with a charge value), once charged Bootie will boot, then launch the kernel, with the SIM issue you still can go in using the keyboard to unlock device mode, either with the web0s2009 or the other code updownup... what ever it is...

My Pixi is Verizon, so I do not have a SIM to test, but my veer had this issue, just used dev mode to fix it...

Do not disconnect the power (USB cable), or the device will die (if the battery can't charge)...

Hope that helps...

You can find batteries on amazon, for cheap, stock piled a few... maybe I will get a few more...
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses. I do not think the battery is bad. I mean it holds a charge and the little battery indicator on the screen is full green. But I will get a new battery and try that just in case.
    Whatever I did mucked up how the phone reacts to whatever is plugged into it.

Not familiar with novacom, I recall I had a problem getting that to work before which may be why the phone is in its present condition. I will do some homework and report back.

Of course any other ideas are welcome.

Cheers!