1.    #1  
    Hi, I have been trying to set up my old Palm Pixi Plus "Verizon" for days now. Reading everything under the sun. Here is my problem. I can't sign up a New Profile using the First use App. I type in a new email and it fails. I have doctored the phone, then I activated it using the activation bypass app, then I installed the Preware, installed the "Enabled Profile App" and the create "First Use App". But it just fails says "Unable to sign you in" every time I try to create a Profile. I'm completely lost at this point. I have no more options to try, could anyone please help? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aligring View Post
    Hi, I have been trying to set up my old Palm Pixi Plus "Verizon" for days now. Reading everything under the sun. Here is my problem. I can't sign up a New Profile using the First use App. I type in a new email and it fails. I have doctored the phone, then I activated it using the activation bypass app, then I installed the Preware, installed the "Enabled Profile App" and the create "First Use App". But it just fails says "Unable to sign you in" every time I try to create a Profile. I'm completely lost at this point. I have no more options to try, could anyone please help? thanks
    Read my post (#9) in this thread Palm Pixi Profile now not supported by HP

You just follow up to the bypass activation step. Don't follow the enabled profile app and first use app, etc.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Read my post (#9) in this thread Palm Pixi Profile now not supported by HP

You just follow up to the bypass activation step. Don't follow the enabled profile app and first use app, etc.
    Ok, thank you. So from what I have been reading, the whole profile thing is a bust. The only reason I wanted the profile is so I can access the App Catalog. Is there a way to access the App Catalog with out a Profile, or is the Catalog gone as well? Thank you
    The Palm/HP catalog is gone along with everything else. Preware is the only catalog (well, technically it's not the only one, but it's the main one)
  5.    #5  
    ok, Is Preware the Best Catalog for the Pixi Plus? Or is there a better one out there?
    Yes, Preware is the best. I don't use anything else.
  7.    #7  
    ok, thanks alot for the info, I appreciate it. Just for those who dont know. "archive.org" is how I got the links to work for the web os docotor. Bc palm shut down the site and it takes you to the newpalm.com site. You just copy and paste the link into archive.org. Took me along time to figure that out. Thanks again
    As far as catalogs go, search this site well. Preware is a mandatory thing for any webOS device, but there are a lot of links here, and one busy contributor whose ID escapes me right now has created a new catalog with his own selection of games.

It's more of a hobbyist thing, not so much plug n play anymore. But these phones are fun if you're into that kind of thing. And there's solutions for some, but not all things.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!