1.    #1  
    A friend with a Palm Pixi on Airvoice (an AT&T MVNO) can't send or receive texts to/from me on my iphone 5S on PagePlus (a Verizon MVNO)...

I've proven that it is not the service as swapping the SIM out to another GSM and everything works. But when in this particular GSM Palm Pixi, texts cannot be sent/receive to this particular number (it works with other numbers).

Curiously, when in the Contacts app on the Pixi, one cannot even click on the send message icon entry for my number...

any ideas?

PS: Also this Pixi is a bit funky as it will not power on by pressing the Power button: we have to plug in a charger, then it starts up. The power button does bring it out of standby and does power it off...
    Last edited by neurocutie; 07/02/2015 at 02:16 AM.
    The phone sends messages to other numbers, just not this one contact?

I would try this:

Select a contact that DOES receive your texts. Temporarily replace their number, substituting the number you cannot reach. Be mindful of the format of the number, parentheses and spacing. Make sure it matches the format of the number which worked that you are temporarily replacing.

So, if you cannot reach "Bob", put Bobs digits into "Toms" contact form for a moment, then text Tom and see if Bob receives it.

If it does not go, consider that one of you may have a block on the other's number?
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, sounds interesting and worth a try...

BTW, I confirmed that swapping out the SIM and into another Palm Pixi ... this other Pixi works!
    So clearly it is a problem with the "current" Pixi...

Which then sounds like I should try some form of hardware reset... but then with all the activation server down and app store dead nonsense, I'm not too eager...

Is there an EASY way to save all apps, activation data, etc, then hardware reset the Pixi, then restore everything?
    I'd say TJ's advice is good and you should try it before resetting, but if any blocking is done at the SIM, then maybe not, but if it's ONE contact only there's still a chance that there's some minor fault or corrupt data. Have you tried noting all this contact's data, then deleting and re-making the contact entry?

If you really want to reset there's this:
    Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015

...not complete or definitive.

I'm a bit surprised you didn't back up your apps before the shut down, but there may still be ways. Whether the process is easy - maybe it is if you make sure you understand it. Please post any experiences and insights on the thread.
    I'd say TJ's advice is good and you should try it before resetting, but if any blocking is done at the SIM, then maybe not. If it's ONE contact only there's still a chance that there's some minor fault or corrupt data. Have you tried noting all this contact's data, then deleting and re-making the contact entry?

If you really want to reset there's this:
    Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015

...not complete or definitive.

I'm a bit surprised you didn't back up your apps before the shut down, but there may still be ways. Whether the process is easy - maybe it is if you make sure you understand it. Please post any experiences and insights on the thread.
    There was a somewhat common problem on webOS 1.x where something goofy would happen with a contact, and you could no longer text them. I can't remember if it also affected incoming sms or not. The only easy solution was a full erase or a doctor, I forget which.